Poll: Condiments

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
What? No BBQ????

Well ok my first picked in ketchup AND then BBQ but I am bias seeing how I haven't tried the other condiments the OP has mention (other than mayo) nor do I really want to (I prefered the food the way it is than to try to alter the taste with condiments).

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I chose ketchup because I love that stuff, even though it's bad for me.
Sweet and sour, bbq, teriyaki, sweet chilli and buffalo sauces are all really nice too.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Condiments on a sandwich aside from mayo on a sandwich sounds like the worst thing ever.
As for hotdogs, Tomato Sauce, which is entirely different from ketchup.

Any form of relish should be stricken from existence.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
PaulH said:
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
I kinda thought the same thing. It's really the sort of thing that screams: "Swedes eat weird stuff!"

Then again I live in the country that invented aerosol canned cheese, so that might a little hypocritical. Still it's the sort of thing that seems pretty handy if you want some extra flavors on your next condiment friendly food.

Captcha; change yourself, damnit captcha are you being fictitious, sarcastic, judgemental, or supportive of a trans person here? I can't tell!
Yeah, you're all weird. *Goes off to eat an emu* :-/

Also, captchas. I think it's more that they are trying to emulate humans. They're learning ... but they have't quite gotten there yet.
Well it comes more down to like the bloated can of spoiled fish stuff that comes from Sweden and such. Also Emu is darned good eatin'! So is Kangaroo and Bison, and any number of animals we can consume.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
PaulH said:
DanielBrown said:
Come to Sweden! Enjoy the endless tubes of sandwich condiments that stock our shelves!
I like räkost(shrimp cheese), but mostly I just go with regular hard cheese on my breakfast foodz.

Kaviar is made from fish eggs and tomato paste btw. So fucking good!
Looks like squeezetube of putty.
I kinda thought the same thing. It's really the sort of thing that screams: "Swedes eat weird stuff!"

Then again I live in the country that invented aerosol canned cheese, so that might a little hypocritical. Still it's the sort of thing that seems pretty handy if you want some extra flavors on your next condiment friendly food.

Captcha; change yourself, damnit captcha are you being fictitious, sarcastic, judgemental, or supportive of a trans person here? I can't tell!
.... HEY! Don't call that cheese. It's either "cheese food" or orange plastic, but never cheese. :p

You think Swedes eat weird stuff, but that's because they are so much more advanced than we are! That's spaceman food right there!

Time to be judgmental! I'm German and I'm here to say that if you're going to put pickled cabbage on food, you don't deserve that food and should give it to someone that wont waste it. I will however allow you to eat the cabbage..... as punishment.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
snekadid said:
You think Swedes eat weird stuff, but that's because they are so much more advanced than we are! That's spaceman food right there!
So not only does it also seal holes in lining boards, but it can help affix solar panels to external hull plating? As much as I love utility in my various pastes, but I don't plan to do low-orbit construction and repairs.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Mayonnaise is the Devil, it's actually vile.

I don't know, I don't really use sauces all that much.

Wholegrain mustard is good on sandwiches and Marmite is amazing with toast and eggs.

If I get Dominoes Pizza, Garlic and Herb Dip on all of the things.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
Well, it mostly depends on what I'm eating.

Overall, I'd say that I'm a ketchup heathen. I have ketchup on sandwiches sometimes, on nachos, on hot dogs and hamburgers, on eggs, on grilled meat...

But I rarely have just ketchup. I also add BBQ sauce and mustard (And occasionally mayonnaise) on my burgers and hot dogs. If I'm having grilled meat, I like to add béarnaise sauce.

I also like this on my hot dogs and burgers:

This is roasted onion. That's what it's called over here.
But it's not roasted. It's deep-fried. Don't believe their lies.

Delicious crunchy lies.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I... can't choose just one. I guess my top three condiments would be:
Branston Pickle
Sriracha
HP Sauce

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
BBQ sauce! Lots of it!
My first thought too.

My second thought... depends on what you're eating. I do like garlic dressing on sandwich and pizza. I also consume lots of chili sauce mixed with tabasco. Mayo is good for some things. Sometimes you want ketchup. Still, BBQ sauce would be the one I think taste the best in its own right.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
It completely depends on the food item?

Salad? Ranch.

Chicken? Honey Mustard (The dressing sort, not the sammich kind)

Sammiches? Mayo.

Fries/Cooked Potatoes? Ketchup.

But for a general answer...I guess mayo?

Sep 14, 2009
depends...

ketchup for most things, I'm a big fucking meat eater, and ketchup stirs up the flavor like an orgasm in my mouth.

just STRAIGHT condiment though..?

I could chug a whole A1 steak sauce bottle if need be, hell, I've taken swigs of it sometimes because it was that good.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Generally, I'll just have tomato sauce with everything. There is very few things in life that tomatoes sauce doesn't go well with. Failing that, BBQ sauce as well. Sometimes mayonnaise. That's generally about it.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
My go-to condiments are ketchup, mayo, taco sauce, BBQ sauce, and ranch dressing. Ketchup goes on hotdogs, brats, burgers, sausages. Mayo goes on some sandwiches and burgers. Taco sauce goes in tacos, burritos, sometimes on chicken or eggs. BBQ on pork and beef, usually sandwiches. Ranch is for dipping pizza and pizza-like foods. It's a good foil for marinara.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Tomato sauce tends to go well with just about anything, so that is my vote. Otherwise, I do tend to go for BBQ and mayonaise a lot of the time, and I am quite partial to a bit of horseradish.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Usually ketchup. If it's a fancy-type burger, then I'll upgrade to relish. Hummus is awesome with crisps, toast, or toasted pittas, though.

I quite like Dijon mustard, but can't stand the pungent English stuff.

natenate95

Invalid CD key
Nov 5, 2008
Ranch dressing, you can put it on anything and then drink it out of the bottle when the stuff u put it on is gone.

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
I will be the heretic. I prefer to eat my food "straight" if I'm eating a HOt dog it is to taste teh hot dog. If I'm having a sandwich, I usually want to taste the ham or prociutto or salami or whateever. If I want a hamburger I want to taste the meat (and it better still be medium and bloody). Steak it better be with nothing in it or I'll see you. Even tacos (real Mexican tacos, not that US stuff) I don't use none of the several hot sauces over them. I like the food I'm eating, no need to cover it up as if ti was spoiled. I really hate mayo and ketchup. HTe only I sometimes use are Mustard (DIjon or French) or Buffalo.

Spaceman Spiff said:
taco sauce
FalloutJack said:
Salsa, preferably medium or above. (Mild sucks.) I have used it on a number of things, many of which you would normally put ketchup or mustard on, say. (I hate mayo.)
What Salsa or taco sauce? THere are several. habanero. Tabasco. Green. Red. Pico de Gallo. Ahogada. Chipotle. And all the versions of the above, which is different for each single stand in Mexico or what you are having.