Poll: Could the Zerg/Borg/Tyranids/Reapers/Whatever take Fallout Earth?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Zerg thrive in harsh wastelands and would likely sweep across the planet like a flood of death.

The Reapers - in their unstoppable quest for total extinction genocide - would hunt down the humans just because it was their turn to be harvested and the Reapers are incredibly thorough. If they knew there was life on Wasteland Earth, they'd still go there to snuff it out.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Freechoice said:
This poll is FUCKING AWESOME.

Why aren't there more like this?

evilneko said:
Sure, they might put up a valiant fight in places, but let's face it: they're in no position to repel space invaders.
Mothership Zeta. They invaded the Lone Wanderer's privacy.
One alien ship with a slow-firing main gun and poor shields.

The Borg would lose at most one ship to it. That's being very generous. A Reaper would just get mad.

The Lone Wanderer is one person. S/he may take out some drones--and only if he used conventional weaponry--but would eventually be worn down by cyborgs that never tire, never require food or water, and are in virtually endless supply.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Death claw husks? Yeah, that goes to them.

Oh and the fact that the entire race is sentient star ships. Sorry, they win just for that.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I don't really play Warhammer, I occasionally play the RTS games, and thus know little about the lore, but I do love the Tyranids specifically, and doesn't it take billions of soldiers to stop them, and 90% of the time not even that will do? So yea if they hit the earth would be gone

samgdawg

Apr 1, 2011
RJ 17 said:
The Zerg thrive in harsh wastelands and would likely sweep across the planet like a flood of death.

The Reapers - in their unstoppable quest for total extinction genocide - would hunt down the humans just because it was their turn to be harvested and the Reapers are incredibly thorough. If they knew there was life on Wasteland Earth, they'd still go there to snuff it out.
Actually it IS possible to hide life from the Reapers. The facility on Ilos managed to hide the Protheans who were hiding there until the Reapers had all left back into deep space.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
samgdawg said:
RJ 17 said:

Actually it IS possible to hide life from the Reapers. The facility on Ilos managed to hide the Protheans who were hiding there until the Reapers had all left back into deep space.
Ahhhh but Ilos was a secret Prothean "base", even in the Prothean cycle the settlement on Ilos was just a myth or a rumor. It was utterly isolated from the rest of the galaxy, not showing up on any star charts as it was absolutely shrouded in secrecy. Ilos was completely "off the grid" as far as the information network was concerned, and that's why the Reapers never found it: when they snatched the Citadel and gained access to all Prothean records and data, they found the location of every single colony...but Ilos was never in the records, as such it was left untouched.

As for Javik, the only reason he survived was because the Prothean orbital bombardment buried the chamber his stasis pod was in.

So, under the assumption that the Reapers know where Earth is and they're attacking it (as the OP suggested: "(insert villainous race here) shows up and starts attacking") there's nothing the Fallout humans could do to stop'em.

Moonmover

Feb 12, 2009
Guys, the Ewoks could probably conquer Falloutland if they really put their minds to it. I don't think there's a debate to be had here.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
There isnt a chance in hell any of those could lose, only the Enclave and Brotherhood could hold out and that would be only for a short time.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I think the poll should've been which race can get the job done the fastest or which race would the FOE inhabitants rather get steamrolled by? I love a good underdog story as much as the next guy but all I'm seeing here is no chance in hell with every option.

Aug 17, 2009
My train of thought was that Fallout Earth is, essentially, Afghanistan to these monsters. Massive attrition, resource expense, and effort needed to accomplish their goals.

And yeah, if you think both the Borg and the Reapers could do it, but the Reapers would do better, then that's who to vote for.

WittyUsername816

Feb 7, 2012
If ALL of the Enclave and Brotherhood forces managed to put aside their differences and gather in one of the Brotherhood bunkers I imagine that they could put up a good fight. They would be able to hold of the Zerg for sure. Everything else would just fuck them over.

Mystify

Apr 15, 2009
I think the real question is: Why do you think the fallout world has enough of a chance to ask the question? I see zilch in their favor.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Moonmover said:
Guys, the Ewoks could probably conquer Falloutland if they really put their minds to it. I don't think there's a debate to be had here.
QFT. Their bodyarmor piercing spears could probably go right through the visor of a T-51b, not to mention those log traps... no suit of power armor is safe.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
I agree with most people. All these races would win.

The Zerg were able to storm major Terran planets that were defended by both the Terrans and Protoss. Fallout-Earth is easy.

Borg were a threat because they already assimilated entire cultures. Fallout-Earth is easy prey.

Tyranids are the horror of horrors. Entire systems and armadas are sent against them and barely manage to divert the Hive Fleet. A single destroyed, unorganized, Earth stands no chance.

Reapers took on Earth head-on and basically did amazingly well before a bad plot happened. A destroyed Earth is no match.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Without question. Considering that the peoples of the wasteland are fractured and fragmented at best there is no possible way they could successfully mount any sort of resistance should any of the above mentioned forces choose to invade. The only question that remains is why any of them would want to. I don't see the Reapers considering the humans of Fallout Earth advanced enough to be a threat. The Borg certainly wouldn't consider them to be worth assimilating. I don't know much about the Tyranids so I can't really comment on them. The Zerg, well the Zerg like to absorb and assimilate the biology of the species they encounter so they might be interested. Besides imagine if the Zerg managed to integrate the FEV into the swarm. Oooh that's a scary thought.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Deathclaw Reapers, an army of deathclaw's would destroy Fallout Earth. Fucking Deathclaw's with Reaper technology would be a cake walk

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
overpuce said:
I'm not sure why no one has mentioned that the "Republic of Dave" would pretty much hold out against anything o_O
Trying to avoid the overpowered as much as possible is why. If the Republic of Dave and Agatha in her hut teamed up, aliens would be fucked.

samgdawg

Apr 1, 2011
Although, no matter how much the Zerg/Borg/Tyranid/Reaper hordes try, the Wasteland won't exactly be completely destroyed. The kids will survive no matter what is thrown at them. Little Lamplight and The Republic of Dave will be nigh on indestructible. The kids just won't die.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
Eddie the head said:
Deathclaw Reapers...... I think we are fucked.
^Ditto.

Run. Run NOW! OH NOES! IT'S TOO LATE!!!! Blaarg.... *dead*
(Also, we didn't run fast enough)