Poll: Deadliest Video Game Warrior: Round One, Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

ardias-028

May 28, 2009
When the chief was 13, he and about 3 outher spartan II's were placed, naked, in a sealed caven and where orderd to take a flag from 3 highly trained marines all wearing mjolnir mark 1 powerd armour equipped with motion sensors and rifles.
for 3 days thay couldnt be found on the monitering equipment, during that time they had somehow found head to toe black tactical clothing, woven a rope, aquired equipment to scale the celing of the cavern AND made improvised weaponary. thay then ambushed the 3 marines from above, killing 2, and got the flag. thay did all this withot any reasources or bioenhancements.

In the mark 5 armour spartan II soldiers can dig thir finges into titaniun-A deck plate to make a hand hold.

The chief could sneak up on samus and kill her by driving his finger through her visor and into her skull! he dosn't even NEED his weapons.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
A few things you haven't considered for Master Chief:

1. Vehicles. Assuming that both characters are allowed anything they use in the games, Master Chief should be able to bring a Scorpion or a Hornet. Or both.

2. Cortana. If Master Chief had her inside his helmet, he's just have to make contact and Cortana could make Samus's armour lock up almost immediately. That is assuming that Samus doesn't have any counter-measures, I don't really know enough about her character to be the judge of that. But her armour does fall apart fairly regularly...

3. Most importantly: luck. Master Chief is damn lucky. To be honest, any other Spartan against Samus would be wiped away almost instantly. There's a reason Master Chief survived about 3 games longer than any of the others.

AtticusSP

Apr 6, 2009
A Who would win in a fight thread that isn't just about who you like more, and actually has valid and well done points?
This has to be a sign of the apocalypse or something.
Still, I rike it. Hope to see more obscure matchups in the future.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Samus makes her living off of traveling from planet to planet, murdering all of the wildlife wether they have it coming or not. More often than not, she is directly responsible for the planet exploding. So yeah, I'd have to go with Samus.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
A few things you haven't considered for Master Chief:

1. Vehicles. Assuming that both characters are allowed anything they use in the games, Master Chief should be able to bring a Scorpion or a Hornet. Or both.

2. Cortana. If Master Chief had her inside his helmet, he's just have to make contact and Cortana could make Samus's armour lock up almost immediately. That is assuming that Samus doesn't have any counter-measures, I don't really know enough about her character to be the judge of that. But her armour does fall apart fairly regularly...

3. Most importantly: luck. Master Chief is damn lucky. To be honest, any other Spartan against Samus would be wiped away almost instantly. There's a reason Master Chief survived about 3 games longer than any of the others.
If vehicles are allowed, Samus has her ship. Hello tactical Nuke deployment.

Samus's suit uses different technology, how would a program be able to interface with Chozo systems?

And Samus has been through worse, she's luckier. I think her remarkable ability to get just the right weapon before fighting a boss proves that.
Ah, but if she uses her ship then Master Chief can steal another bomb and jump out an airlock, guiding himself to the ship, planting the bomb and getting the hell out of there. He's done it before.

I assume Cortana would manipulate the different technology the same way she does with Forerunner and Covenant technology. She is the most powerful sentient AI for the entire human race.

But you're right about the luck, I never though of it like that.

ganpondorodf

Apr 30, 2008
Samus, for two reasons.

1. Metroid Prime is one of my favourite games ever.
2. Samus is fast, whereas Master Chief is slow.

Master Chief wouldn't be able to melee Samus or land a grenade on her.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Samus aran.

Outcome: Football of doom mode, runs to ship, obliterates chief via orbital bombardment. Cortana makes wiecracks about how Chief's architechture isn't quite similar enough to the Pillar of Autumn.

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Compatriot Block said:
For example, in one of the books, he used his hand to slap a missile fired from a fighter jet away from himself.
I'm not really a Master Chief fanboy but that is one of the most awesome things I have ever read. But I suppose the guy does flip tanks with his hands.
Hey, neither am I, but I give props where props are due. And barehanded missile-slapping requires large doses of props.
or large dose of physical enhancers which he was one the the like 10 that actuallly survived out of like 300 i think i cant remember of hand which was not taken into consideration :p by the guy with the review

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Great setup, My vote is on Samus. Fast like hell, incredible arsenal of weapon, and she can rip MC's armour apart with her grapple beam.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
AC10 said:
The show deadliest warrior is fun to watch them use all the weapons, but the "weightings" they put on them are entirely arbitrary numerical values. The program simply runs statistical probabilities based on these values, and doesn't account for enough to actually simulate anything realistically. How is one axe a "20" and another a "30"? What does that mean? Nothing.

Oh, and Samus all the way!

Also, Samus is extremely fast and agile. She can jump REALLY god damn high with her rocket boot upgrade. Chief could never get in close range with how slow he is.

EDIT:

Here is a nerd fans dream of how it plays out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

The ending is retarded, and obviously serves as some sort of wet dream for the creator, but whatever.
Congratulations on posting that. You beat me to it.

ardias-028

May 28, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
That is assuming that her Thermal and X-ray visor doesn't just highlight his skeleton as soon as he gets within 80 Meters of her. Short of holding a sheet of room-temperature lead in front of him that still managed to be completely invisible to the computer-enhanced eye.....
The mjolnr mk 5/6 is rated for extended use in the vacume of space, there is a lot of radiation and outher harmful material in vacume. The mk5/6 both have measures to prevent harmfull affects on the occupant. since the suit weigs somthing like 400Kg (mk5 500Kg) this protection could be a lead lining, but more likley a modified polymer. This renders X-ray useless because X-ray uses gamma radiation effectivly blocked by the mjolinrs protectve layer.

Thermal monitoring is also useless because the surface temp of the MK 5/6 is regulated for that verry reason. Having a surface temp that maches ambient temp effectivly defeats thermal scanning equipment.
So the room temp lead sheet is built into his armour.

Furthermore mjolinr Mk1 had both radar and thermal imaging capabilities and was next to useless against un-armoured spartains. Spartans arent JUST soldiers, thay are the best of the best of the best of the best repeta. A bit like the aussie SAS : )

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
My vote is for Samus for sure.

Master Chief is a tough Super-Soldier and all that, but he can't curl up into a ball and drop bombs all over the place, or has a gun that turns people into blocks of ice.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Think of it as who could do the others job. Master Chief has no capacity for fighting the Metroids or the Space Pirates, while Samus could breeze through anything Master Chief does.

Thats why Kratos remains the deadliest character, as no-one else has killed two actual gods.
How exactly did you get Kratos out of a fight between two characters of different games?

In all actuality this thread will most likely become a flamewar because some people are fan-boys/girls of Halo while some are fan=boys/girls of the Metroid series.

This is a nice idea but there is no real way to prove who is the better warrior. Even the show Deadliest Warrior can only provide theory of who would win.

I shall cast my opinion onto this and say they would accept each other as equal fighters of skill and part ways.