Poll: Did You Kill Paarthurnax?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I was thinking about it, but then he told me something along the lines that "isn't it better to become good on your own" and then wanted to help the other dragons find the right path, or something like that, can't remember now since it's been awhile.

Mar 30, 2010
Some of my characters let him live, and some of them killed him. Each had their own reasons for doing what they did, and each individual choice made sense for each individual character.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Kill the greatest dragon ally of my character? And for Delphine? My character didn't even like the idea of the Blades returning as an independent faction in the first place.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
No, because fuck the Blades. I don't get anything out of them after killing Parthy, so why should I?

There's also the fact that he had the best voice acting in the game, which genuinely surprised me.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I did once, but then immediately reloaded as I didn't want him gone.

That said, if it were possible for someone to get a hold of his voice actor, it'd be totally awesome if there were a mod where he haunts you after you absorb his soul, and then his voice is in your head commenting on shit you do. There could be a quest line where his bones get moved, and you have to track them down and learn to reanimate dragons like Alduin did so you can put his soul back in his body. Obviously it'd culminate in a choice.

Sep 3, 2011
Nooope Delphine pretty much makes you help her and you learn a whole lot of nothing by working with her i could not put her out my skyrim faster, i like the gerybreads and i liked paarthurnax he offers a new way of looking at the dragons as smart not just keeping them as big evil monsters
Think about it if she had not took the horn would you had anything to do with her at all?

Collegeboy21

Jan 26, 2010
Hell no. He's awesome, why would you kill him? Shouted Delphine and Esbern off the top of the Blades temple for even suggesting it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Why should I kill him? I'm running the Sky Haven Temple Enhanced mod. It allows me to tell Delphine to shut the fuck up. The Blades serve the Dragonborn, not the other way around.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Nah, the Blades are narrow-minded assholes. People tend to become that way when their way of life is threatened. Besides, the Blades were pretty useless to begin with. Lucien Lachance will back me up on this. :)

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I let him live, don't really remember why, probably because i dislike killing story npcs, unless they are annoying.

Not Gabe Newell

Jul 14, 2013
Nope. I'm not the kind of guy who betrays allies.

That whole questline upset me. The Blades have always been sworn to the Dragonborn, to follow him to the ends of the earth, and now it's all like:

"Hey Dragonborn."

"What."

"Go kill Paarthurnax for us."

"What? Why?"

"Because he did some bad things before."

"But he's our best ally! He taught me Fire Breath! He helped me fight Alduin!"

"Nope. Don't care. He did some bad stuff so death is the only option for him."

"But I don't wanna kill him."

"Well then screw you! We're not following you anymore!"

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Not Gabe Newell said:
The Blades have always been sworn to the Dragonborn, to follow him to the ends of the earth,
That is actually where you are wrong, the original Blades, the Akaviri snakemen, who came to Tamriel along with the rest of the Akaviri Army, when they invaded Tamriel, ONLY swore to help Reman because they wanted him to help them kill Dragons.

The whole "we serve you as long you help us murder all the dragons" thing was always part of the deal between the blades and the Dragonborn, and that's really the only reason they served him in the past.

By not mass murdering ALL the dragons, you are pretty much breaking the ENTIRE deal between the Dragonborn, and the Blades.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Shanicus said:
Nope, didn't kill him - that would have meant helping Delphine, and I don't think I could live with myself if I ever helped her out again.

Now, if there was an option to kill the Blades... well, sign me up Captain!
I think there's a mod for that.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Depends on the character.

My 100% Nord Hero type character killed him, she took her duty of wiping out Dragons to protect Skyrim very seriously.

My Malacath loyal Orc on the other hand judged him more on his wisdom, worthiness and strength, so let him live.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
I technically killed him once, more out of curiosity than giving a damn about the Blades' orders. I had already killed Alduin and every other dragon I met except the one that offered a piggyback ride, so I was wondering if Paarthurnax, being so old and dragon-y, might be the next worthy opponent. Wasn't really on par with the frost dragons, I think, so reloaded my save and never thought about killing him again.

Next came the giants!