Poll: Did You Kill Paarthurnax?

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Isn't the only real reward for killing him the requisite dragon soul and a buff from the blades that doesn't even work?

Because I would never kill him. How could I, he was one of the only characters with a good voice actor.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Hell no. I have a thing for big ol' misunderstood monsters. He was more accepting of humans than humans were of him.

Vale

May 1, 2013
He was a cool guy and not much of a threat even if he were to turn out no better than Alduin (being that he's weak as shit). Besides, Delphine is a god damn ***** and I literally refuse to do anything she tells me to.

So naturally, I murdered every NPC I could and then made the essential ones non-essential and killed them too.
Skyrim failed to make me care so hard that I decided nothing less than total annihilation would suffice.

Aug 1, 2010
'Hell no.

He was the ONE truly friendly dragon. I mean yeah, you kinda dominate that one towards the end, but ol Paarthy was my bud.

Plus, the Blades are huge douchebags in Skyrim.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
No, that'd be totally idiotic.

He was not only the one who taught humanity the ways of the Voice, but also the one who helped overthrow the rule of the old Dragons long ago, and ever since had never even left his mountaintop, perfectly content in just staying there to speak with the Graybeards. Not to mention, he helped you along as well.

That'd be like me turning around and spitting in the eye of a guy who just saved me from falling off a cliff.

He has worked and meditated long and hard to overcome his nature, and even if he were to return to his peasant burninating ways, he's no Alduin, he'd be short work for the Dragonborn or a very adamant guard troop.

ShiningAmber

Mar 18, 2013
I couldn't do it. He helped me after all, even when he didn't have to. I know he did some bad things, he said so himself, but he tried to make up for it. I know it's just a game, but I've done some things I wasn't proud of and was given a second chance. I really couldn't do it seeing as I've been on the other side.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
no Parthanauxx was a tool that was still useful in the long run (if the game extrapolated that far) it would have been better to leave him alive than to off him though i did have a problem with his way of the voice crap
and the blades would have gone off and attempted complete my agenda weather i was the boss or not though not being able to see my husband did push me towards me killing the dragon but i remembered to be strong and do whats best for the greater good
and so parthanauxx lived until he was no longer useful or turned on me

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Nope.

I was curious to see what the Blades might do for me once Paarthurnax was dealt with, but ultimately decided I'd rather leave part of the game unexplored than kill a creature that's actually smart and selfless enough to accept that I might have to do so.

Maybe on my "evil moron" - playthrough.

Arvid Rydahl

Nov 18, 2010
Nope, never killed him. In fact, did as little as possible for the Blades, because I'm so sick of them.
Did their bidding through Morrowind
Did their bidding through Oblivion.
I'm bloody not lifting a finger for them in Skyrim if I can help it.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
I chose for the blades questline. Which sounds lame but it was actually a huge turning point for my character RP wise. Before this point I had only killed dragons that attacked me, I never sought them out. It was just a general rule I set for myself, and my character actually respected Paarthurnax...but I had been in bed with the blades since the start of the game. I even had my three main companions join the blades and my first companion Jenassa had even just died in Morrowind to a Dragon fight...

So I killed him, my character basically told himself it was for the blades but secretly it was his hunt for power and revenge that drove him to kill the dragon lord. From that point on he took a very Chaotic Neutral Alignment stance on all his reaming quests.

Thats the best thing about Skyrim is you get so many unique tools and stories to play around with, every story is different.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Delphine is *****, the blades are useless even if you do kill him, and the grey beards can locate word walls(in other words they have a use unlike the blades). Also is Paarthurnax is one of the few interesting if npc's in a game filled with mostly bland and uninteresting npcs.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I already killed the Emperor... why would I then help the Blades?

Emperors come and go but timeless dragons are a rarity.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
All my characters want power, they all serve every Daedric Lord. Paarthurnax gave my character power, and still has a lot of knowledge that my characters could theoritically obtain from him. I let him live because of that. Blades have nothing to give, my characters are all better with weapons and magic than them.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hells no!

The Blades were just a bunch of needy bastards that wouldn't leave me alone about it and too chicken shit to do it themselves, and Paarthurnax was just awesome every time I talked to him.

Why would I kill an awesome dude?

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
No. Never will either, I role play as being dragonborn is a curse, not an honor. I guess that's because dragons are my favorite mythical creature.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
No, I didn't kill him. He was a bro and I didn't have any reason to kill him just because some randomer told me to.
I did however use a console command to keep him alive but complete the quest. Consider it me lying to Delphine.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
There is actually a mod called The Paarthurnax Dilemma essentially allowing you to argue down Delphine and ending with a threat to Shout her to death. It's a nice little thing that allows you to keep Paarthurnax alive, but still be involved with the Blades.