Poll: Did your PS2 ever break?

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
It sure did. First the power wire started malfunctioning and later my little brother accidentally made it fall to the floor when tripping on the same wire. We later found out that it would be more expensive to repair it than to buy a brand new one, so we just smashed it with hammers for the hell of it.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I had mine for about five years from 2002-2007 and it never stopped working, the only reason I replaced it with a slim is that it was starting to take a while for it to play games.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
Mine still works, fat original edition. I just booted it up recently to play a quick round of Ratchet and Clank series. But then my N64, PS1 and my Saturn also still work. I've never had any problem with my game systems. Except the NES but the blow-technique would always fix that :)

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
The PS2 was sturdy as hell. Mine admittedly got yanked off my 5 foot tall dresser and landed on my cement floor, and never caused any problems. I'm afraid if I so much as tap my PS3 or 360 for fear of some problems.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
Mine doesn't save anymore but since I can just leave it running its not an issue. I've had it for more than a decade. My dad still has one for my niece and I think it does the same thing. I've tried different cards and different slots and nothing saves. Weird...

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
My PS2 is just about 9.5 years old.

Has never failed me. Only console I took with me to college initially, for the DVD player. And since I also used it for a DVD player for years as well, I think it's the console I've gotten the most use out of in that amount of time without any problems. Had things like my SNES or N64 for longer but didn't use them nearly as much as my PS2.

I don't think I'll ever trade in or sell my SNES or PS2. They'll burn in a house fire before that happens
(wouldn't save them from said fire, not stupid.)

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Magyarman said:
I kept my PS2 in a drawer under my TV, unaware that would spell death for any normal console. It stayed there from the time I was 12 until last summer. I am 19 now, and my dad now uses it to play Madden all the time. It still works perfectly. I don't know what kind of magic is in that thing, but I bet I'll be able to show my grandkids Sly Cooper.

Edit: mine was the old one too, not these new slim things.
(as someone who took theres apart)
The reason why is a quarter of the thing is empty port space(where the online attachmet gose) and another quarter of it is a heatsink(about 5in x 5inx1in). Im pretty sure it wont overheat if you stick the thing in the oven

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I got mine a few years ago, and I was playing a game I just got today (Psychonauts) and it was playing it just fine. So no. It has yet to fail me.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Had a PS2 from the day it came out. My sister tripped on a cord and broke the device that reads the disks sometime last year. It still worked, it just wouldn't play the sound. So, I bought a new one and I play it every day.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
My PS2 broke only once and it was my fault. I tripped over the controller cord which yanked the system and broke the prongs in the controller port for player 1 rendering the system useless. I was fairly young at the time so my mother went out and bought me another one the next day.

Other than that no I take very good care of my systems but I cant seem to find a 360 that doesnt come prepackaged with cancer.