Poll: Digimon or Pokémon?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
For games, I always liked Pokemon more. They were just more fun.

Anime...that's tough. I'd give it to Digimon in the first 3 seasons, but Pokemon after that. Seasons 4+ of Digimon were just not fun.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
yeah... first two seasons of digimon were amazing and I hold them very deeply in my heart.

Literally cried. And also jumped up and down when they first went mega.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pokemon for games.

Digimon for everything else. Huge fan of Tamers, here!
Ah man season 3 was the best.

yanipheonu said:

AWWW YEAH MEDABOTS FTW
Man I loved that how but I never finished it :(

Also I remember them doing a season where they turned into cars adn the designs looked awful...

MercurySteam said:
Digimon Frontier is made of win. That is all.
Yeah it was surprisngly better than I expected and it had a good theme song that wasnt the same as the past 3 seasons.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
ZeroG131 said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Medabots.

I break this thread.
"KISS YOUR BOT GOODBYE!" Now THAT was the shit! God, I'd kill to own one of those things...though in retrospect giving a bunch of kids robots with missiles, lasers, and the ability to bend the laws of physics is just a lawsuit waiting to happen...
And it will still be awesome to behold.

Hectix777 said:
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something! Oh well, I guess I'll do a new thread in a couple of days about," favorite Saturday morning cartoons," and put Medabots in there and maybe even Beyblade.
You had better put Speed Racer on it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Marik2 said:
MercurySteam said:
Yeah it was surprisngly better than I expected and it had a good theme song that wasnt the same as the past 3 seasons.
I agree, the theme song was great. I used to have it stick in my head all the time.

Dantness

Apr 11, 2011
What if you don't prefer one or the other? Because I have been a huge fan of both for quite some time. That goes for both franchise's show and games. I can't choose favorites here. If I *had* to choose one I'd pick Pokem- Wait no, Digi- Wait! I don't know!

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
First off: In the games, they have Pokemon graveyards, so yeah. They die.
Second: In season five, humans destroyed Digimon in such a way that they couldn't reincarnate into eggs, so they've been known to die for good, as well.
Third: While I enjoy both series, I prefer Pokemon by a close margin. I'm sorry, but Pokemon has more going for it. I even hear the anime has improved somewhat since it left 4Kids' hands.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Digimon, mostly because Digimon felt like an actual show with plot, but partly because I never really got Pokemon. I understand it as a fun distraction, but there's not really a whole lot of depth, even artificial depth (appearing to be deep but not really going anywhere). Also, I never ever liked the Pokemon games. They just were too slow and simple to me.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Xpwn3ntial said:
ZeroG131 said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Medabots.

I break this thread.
"KISS YOUR BOT GOODBYE!" Now THAT was the shit! God, I'd kill to own one of those things...though in retrospect giving a bunch of kids robots with missiles, lasers, and the ability to bend the laws of physics is just a lawsuit waiting to happen...
And it will still be awesome to behold.

Hectix777 said:
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something! Oh well, I guess I'll do a new thread in a couple of days about," favorite Saturday morning cartoons," and put Medabots in there and maybe even Beyblade.
You had better put Speed Racer on it.
Which one? the super old one, the remake by nickelodeon, or the remake on nicktoons (which is more of an epilogue or sequel than a continuation, it's kinda good but I feel like they need to hire the original Speed Racer writers.(also why'd was his name Speed? Is it a nickname or is that his real name?). One thing I didn't like was how they had to state, restate, state a third time, than state+state/squareroot of state?state to the power of state times pi over state that Rex was Speed's brother.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Dantness said:
What if you don't prefer one or the other? Because I have been a huge fan of both for quite some time. That goes for both franchise's show and games. I can't choose favorites here. If I *had* to choose one I'd pick Pokem- Wait no, Digi- Wait! I don't know!
Yeah thats basically my attitude.

MercurySteam said:
Marik2 said:
MercurySteam said:
I agree, the theme song was great. I used to have it stick in my head all the time.
I wonder if theres a full version to the song

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
How come no one in pokemon took the time to look around and say "Hey this place has no government, no military, and only one police officer in every town. Oh hey I have control over these creates that breathe fire and have psychic abilities I think I'm going to create an army and take this sh*t over."

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Dragonpit said:
First off: In the games, they have Pokemon graveyards, so yeah. They die.
Second: In season five, humans destroyed Digimon in such a way that they couldn't reincarnate into eggs, so they've been known to die for good, as well.
Third: While I enjoy both series, I prefer Pokemon by a close margin. I'm sorry, but Pokemon has more going for it. I even hear the anime has improved somewhat since it left 4Kids' hands.
Yeah but they never die in the game or in the show, for all I know there's a Teddy bear in those graves. Show me an instance of where an actual Pokémon died, as in flatline dead, in battle than I will believe that Pokémon can die.

Hatter

Dec 12, 2010
Pokemon. I was actually able to follow the story of the show when I was little, and therefore watched it. I always thought digimon was "cooler" but... yeah, had no idea what was going on.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I like Digimon more. I think they could have really created a nice alternative to pokemon with Digimon World if they made it a bit more accessible. When I first played it, I kept ending up with Sukamons with no idea why even though I spent all my time training them.

Third season of Digimon is probably better than any of the stuff from the pokemon show. Not sure how much of it is nostalgia, but I also remember Monster Rancher being pretty cool. I wish that took off better.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Ok, I'm basing this entirely on nostalgia but I love Pokemon. I really used to enjoy the games and I was generally ambivalent towards the other media.

As for Digimon...eh. It never did anything for me. No fault of its own; it just never caught my attention.

ZonerZ

Aug 27, 2008
monster rancher is the only one that ever counted for me. Not even considering the games.