Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
I don't believe in ghosts, and I certainly HOPE my non-belief is correct, because ghosts are fuckin' SCARY.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
Bang Kaboom Ferrell said:
xshadowscreamx said:
i want to believe, i dont want nothingness in death..its unfair and cruel
Reality is Unfair and cruel To me death is like a long sleep that you will never awakan from
Dont be so sure...when we decompose we become other forms of life so...yeah

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Hazy992 said:
DoPo said:
Just pointing stuff out. The ghosts exist in an indeterminate state - nothing really points toward their existence or non-existence. I think we can draw a conclusion from that, though - Schrodinger is not having a really fun time after his death.
Now you're getting into 'you can't prove a negative' territory. The logical stance is to not assume existence until there's evidence otherwise.
Ninja-tastic.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I do believe in them, but i don't believe everything spooky i see is paranormal. Usually there are logical explanations...however sometimes there is something i see and im like "wtf...how?!?!"

For example this...

Some people say the fence wasn't attached properly at the bottom, so when someone hits the fence, the fence would swing up allowing the car to go under it, and when he goes through, the fence goes back down. I don't believe that because the fence isn't shaking afterwards, and there is no guarantee the fence, after coming back down, will land in the same position as it was before, like it's not slanted or anything. there are other explanations, but non of them really make sense.

Like apparently there is a hole to the left, which there isn't, it's just the light from the car headlights don't light that area up, if there was a hole the cop car would go through it.

Even if you don't believe in paranormal stuff, i can guarantee something unexplainable has happened in everyone's lives.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
The question whether ghosts exist is pretty much comparable to the mind-shatteringly important question of whether that guy in that border village in Kenya is a jerk or not. It might be, it might be not, but I'm pretty sure it's never had any noticeable impact on my life.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Simple answer: No.

Longer answer: No, because there's no evidence of anything supernatural. That, plus, as someone already pointed out, sound at certain frequencies can both cause discomfort in humans and can also hit the resonance frequency of a human's eyeball, causing them to see things out of the corner of their eyes that aren't actually there.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah, but I'm not sure why. I guess I've seen some weird stuff before and there's lots of video footage, and whilst they could all be explained some other way - by hallucinations, mistaken identity etc - it's highly probable we still don't know enough about the world to have discovered some weird phenomenon that causes stuff like that. Don't really believe that they're conscious spirits deliberately haunting the living though.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Nope. There are freaky things that happen that not even experts can explain, but they are nothing supernatural, let alone souls of the dead. Further investigation will explain it I'm sure. That said almost all of the reports of ghosts already have a logical natural explanation.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
No, but it still creeps me out when a door slams or pipes rattle when I am the only one in the house, usually because I forgot I had a window open.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
MaxiP62 said:
Also; this might get mixed results but, are Ouiji boards serious or what?
Probably not, it was just a board game, the contacting the dead stuff just got added later.

Same goes for Tarot cards, originally were just playing cards until the eighteenth century when people stated to attach the occult to them.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
DoPo said:
Hazy992 said:
DoPo said:
But think about it - there is nothing to disprove ghosts. What if hallucinations are actually caused by ghosts and all that?

Is that a joke or...?
Just pointing stuff out. The ghosts exist in an indeterminate state - nothing really points toward their existence or non-existence. I think we can draw a conclusion from that, though - Schrodinger is not having a really fun time after his death.
There is also nothing to disprove that I have a pet unicorn with a jetpack, but it doesn't mean I do have one. You can't prove a negative, it would be wise to remember that.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Da Orky Man said:
DoPo said:
Hazy992 said:
DoPo said:
But think about it - there is nothing to disprove ghosts. What if hallucinations are actually caused by ghosts and all that?

Is that a joke or...?
There is also nothing to disprove that I have a pet unicorn with a jetpack, but it doesn't mean I do have one. You can't prove a negative, it would be wise to remember that.
Seriously, what the hell people? When I say you haven't disproved them, I mean just that, you haven't disproved them. You know what's wise - not everything is a binary issue. So stop trying to make me think stuff I don't want to. Ghosts are not disproved =/= they exist.

For the record, I'll just state again something I've said before: I believe in things that can be proven, directly or indirectly. That which cannot be proven should not be accepted or rejected as truth. Blind faith is the root of ignorance and stupidity.

That's wisdom right there. Remember it.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I don't know why everyone is so focused on having evidence. The fact that they make no sense whatsoever should be enough reason not to believe.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
I think you can easily see that ghosts are a manmade concept by the fact that nobody ever reports a cow ghost, or a dinosaur ghost, or a whale ghost etc etc. Believing in ghosts assumes that we are something supernatural in ourselves in this world to have evolved some sort of spirit that other creatures don't have.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Sure don't.
I find people jump to the `it's ghosts!` thing far too much in my experience.
Of course, I like ghost stories for a bit of fun, though.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Saulkar said:
I am on the fence about ghosts but there was something that happened between my brother and I that is rather creepy. Me and my brother went to bed after sneaking around the local graveyard after hours and then the weirdness ensued. I woke up to find an almost spectral like figure hovering over my brother, a white cloaked grim reaper if you will. Given my affinity to such oddities, even at eight I was not in the least afraid. Moments later I woke up with my brother sreaming his lungs out. After my grandparents calmed him down he vividly described the exact same figure hovering over top of him in his own dream.

So what was it? Muttering in our sleep subconsciously acknowledged, a coincidence, some sort of electromagnetic transfer between our two brains, a real ghost. ;-) Hell if I know but it is not something I lose sleep over nor consider evidence of anything remarkable. Just a childhood oddity.
I would suggest sleep parlyisis, but for two people to be affected at once I imagine is rare.
symptoms probably don't match up either