Poll: Do you know more than one language?

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Three languages: Cebuano, English, Japanese. I guess if you are really counting programming as a language then I speak four (C++). Born in the Philippines. Moved to America.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
DanielBrown said:
English, Swedish and some(very little) Spanish.
Being a Swede I can also understand Norweigan pretty flawlessly. Depends on which of their two languages they speak!
Technically, nynorsk and bokmål are one language, just two ways of writing it - which is a bit confusing.

Norwegian feels more like thirty different languages though, depending on where in Norway you come from.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
English primary. I don't speak Spanish well, but I can understand what other people are saying.

Generalzdave

Oct 4, 2010
I take courses in Spanish because immigration is a factor, both illegal and otherwise, and because it helps with my English grammar. So I can speak it fairly well, but she still hasn't taught us the word for "translator", which is the only sentence I need to know.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
I speak some Japanese, a number of programming languages, and I feel like I'm talking in another language any time I speak to somebody outside of my industry. Does that count?

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Polish, English and a bit of German.

With a little effort I can also communicate with Czechs and Slovaks but I don't actually speak their languages. (That's not really a big feat, since Polish, Czech and Slovak are pretty similar.)

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
KingofallCosmos said:
Dutch, English pretty much fluent
French, German, Japanese (not much experience in conversation though).
With my Latin knowledge I can get by in Spain and Italy too.

I see a lot of people interested in Japanese. Do it, it's not that difficult, as opposed to chinese or so.
The kanji is a ***** though. Still can't read the newspaper, but I only use 10% of what I know.

感じ は 大嫌い.  >_<

Though the hiragana and katakana are far easier. And the grammar isn't too bad from Spanish or even German.

(I know English and Japanese)

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I can speak Swedish and English, I used to know some basic French, but I've forgotten most of it. I also picked up some Japanese from watching anime, not much though.

Apr 5, 2008
English, French, Spanish (Spain spanish, not S. America spanish) and Arabic.
I can also get the general gist from written italian because of its similarity to spanish.

Although I can count to ten, ask for a white coffee, say hello, goodbye, please, thank you and "my darling" in a handful more :)

Temah

Dec 5, 2010
Sadly no, want to learn japanese but its a matter of having the time to dedicate to it.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Cajun French
and Boston English and i hate to say it but I know alot of Ghetto no not where the Jews were but you know what i mean

Plumerou

Mar 7, 2011
spanish as my main language, and thanks to forums like this and online games i can speak english without much problem, and thanks to world of warcraft of all things when it comes to speaking and listening :0