Poll: do you like jimquisition?

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
No. I feel he not only doesn't say anything new or interesting, but he also believes vulgarity is a substitute for actual humor.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Ravnican said:
No. I feel he not only doesn't say anything new or interesting, but he also believes vulgarity is a substitute for actual humor.
Pretty much sums my feelings up right here.

PipPup

Apr 22, 2011
Ravnican said:
Yahtzee said the same thing about his vulgarity in one of his reviews. Wet, maybe?

Lionsfan1986

Oct 20, 2008
I never watched basicly it doesn't seem intresting enough. By the looks of the comments I never needed to watch.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
yes, or at least his most recent episode, if things continue the way "too cool to be cool" was going then i could see myself watching despite the quite annoying persona he adopts on screen.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Kinda, its definatly been getting better, not sure yet, so we'll have to wait and see cos its early days

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
No, I don't like him. He uses nothing but vulgarity and troll humor and hides behind the guise of satire. However, people are allowed to watch what they like. I just stay away from it.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
No. Don't like his voice or mannerisms. He probably makes some good points, judging by what he's written in Extra Consideration, but his on-screen persona displeases me.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
He is unbelievably annoying, even when I agree with most of what he's saying (Defending CoD, for example). He has that highly exaggerated british accent that I can't stand.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
I don't really like the show, but it has improved a bit, but I don't dislike it to the point of not watching it (I really have nothing better to do anyway, and it kills some time.)

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
I'll watch it to kill some time, but I don't consider it to be one of the Escapist's finest; the persona, self-aware parody or not, is too abrasive for my taste.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
I most certainly do not. He has no idea in hell about how to present. Beyond having an abrasive style, and being seemingly unable to write a speech, he insults the viewer, and not in the kind of way Yahtzee or South Park does. He comes off an arsehole. The bad kind of arsehole.

loui.emma

Mar 11, 2009
To be fair, I only watched the first episode but something about his voice made me want to hit things.

Thats not his fault of course. Can't even remember what he was blathering on about now.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Yes and no.

He has some good points that none of the other shows seem to fully express, but he comes off as a total jerk, just isn't funny and the show itself would be much better suited to being something like Extra Credits.
Taking the guy offscreen and replacing him with a cartoon counterpart and a bunch of images would be a massive improvement.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Ravnican said:
Sounds like 80% of videos on the internet.

Reallink

Feb 17, 2011
Nah. It feels like its not in the same vein as the rest of the escapist. Sure, Zero Punctuation is offensive, but he gives reasons for it. The Jimquisition just feels like a self indulgent rant that should be on YouTube, not the Escapist

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
My biggest problem with the Jimquisition is that it doesn't feel like the same production value that goes into the other shows on the escapist. No offense to TGWTG but the Jimquisition really feels like a bottom rung/ entry level show on that site and not something that goes with the really great shows that the escapist has. Seriously a guy behind a podium and random scribbles popping up is a little bleh.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I watch it. There are times when i believe he's way to full of himself but other than that i haven't seen much faults with it.