Poll: do you like jimquisition?

Sickly_Gazelle

May 28, 2011
Like someone said earlier in the thread, I'll watch it to kill time, but it feels a bit... out of place compared with other Escapist series.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
No. I saw the first episode, and immediately disliked it.
I only have time to watch videos after school, and I'm a bit tired then, and I don't want a big, unfunny angry man yelling at me.
Just my opinion, enjoy your own.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Yes.

i hated the first couple of episodes but he has improved and I find him a refreshing antidote to the often interesting but sometimes overbearing intellectualism that characterises a lot of the other commentators on the Escapist.

It's also sometimes fun watching people rage about him in the forum.

The Loojster

Aug 3, 2009
DJDarque said:
No, I don't like him. He uses nothing but vulgarity and troll humor and hides behind the guise of satire. However, people are allowed to watch what they like. I just stay away from it.
Exactly how I feel.

Except I watch it for some reason.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
The only time I've ever laughed at a Jim Sterling joke was in a column, and that's where he belongs. I do grant that he has been getting better since his first video though.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Its still watchable, but its very close to not being worth it. In a few weeks I might just get sick of it and completely stop watching.

The themes are presented weaker than Extra Credits or the Big Picture, and the character is weaker than Yatzee, even annoying after a while.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
In the beginning he kinda annoyed me, but he grew on me by the third video - Fiz_The_Toaster

Basically this. I laughed at the latest episode quite loudly.

Oct 2, 2010
For me, the humor mostly fails.

And where he does play things straight, there's usually either very little argumentation, or it's mind-blowingly fallacious.

Overall, I think that Jimquisition is far less bad than it was when it arrived at The Escapist, but I still don't see much worthwhile about it. The comment threads for his videos are also usually uninteresting, since it's mostly just part, "haha, I love Jim, so funny to see all these butthurt people," and part, "argh this is terrible, the other series' at the site are far better."

smeghead25

Apr 28, 2009
I enjoy it. It's a unique style of humour, even if it isn't for everyone. I don't watch half the Escapist shows simply because some of them don't interest me. Stop complaining and just ignore it. If it really is as bad as you seem to think then it'll get cut. If it's not as bad as you say it is and a lot of people actually enjoy it then it will stick around.

Don't ruin everyone elses fun by bitching about it and wanting to change it because of 'vulgarity' or get rid of it because you don't like what he says. You don't have to watch it.

Censor your own viewing, not evertone elses.

felix1942

Sep 8, 2010
this a repeat forum
i don't really like it because he is in a room with terrible lighting and he has to fake yell and he just bugs me and his accent sound totally fabricated
this has really hindered me from watching it but i feel jimquisition is taking up a spot that could be better filled(i'll regeret that when movie bobs 4th show on the escapist appears i like moviebob but i mean when he's gone who's going to fill his shoe's?)

MasterV

Aug 9, 2010
Yes. I like listening to his thoughts, and I agree with him most of the time. He also presents it in a way that is, for me, quite funny.

danhere

Apr 5, 2010
His first few videos were similar to his views of Duke Nukem, but I think he turned it around fairly well.

Zabriskie Point

Nov 22, 2010
No. I don't find him funny at all, I think he's one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen.

He's like TheAmazingAtheist without the good points.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
The guy's like a Colbert-Report styled diamond in the rough. I could easily see him improving enough over time to become significant; he also gets an unusually large amount of abuse from haters online, which of course only makes his show more interesting, since I find a lot of the dislike kind of funny, now that I've seen the guy in action. Seriously....if had been a sort of "Adam Carolla" type of guy doing stuff like this it would almost make sense to me (the dislike and such) but he's this frumpy pasty fat british guy, and that honestly makes is act much more amusing to me.

Put another way: he's no Andy Kaufman....yet. But he could be, with a bit more polish.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Is this poll going to come up every week?

Yes. I like it. It's hit and miss, but hitting an easy .632

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
I put yes, it's not the gem that Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits or Movie Bob is but I find it very watchable. I feel kind of bad too because at first I really didn't like it but the quality is steadily increasing week to week and now I think its a really good show.

He doesn't deserve this kind of criticism though seriously, judging by the poll a lot of people do like it, if you don't then nobodys forcing you to watch it are they...

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
He has been improving. But no.

I don't think he is a genuine douche, instead he acts like a douche, but people who act like a douche still come off as a douche. Maybe it's just not my type of humour, but I've never found him funny and I think his acting is very stale and a bit try-hard. In regards to actual content, I've never seen him say anything thought provoking that hasn't been mentioned before, and the entire episode is generally an idea then just a lot of reiterations on the idea.

In brief, don't like the humour, acting and don't think he raises any worthwhile points.