Poll: do you like jimquisition?

mrwoo6

Feb 24, 2009
He sometimes says something mildly intriguing and he tries way to hard to be funny. If he focused a bit more on the subject of his videos and less about his persona, he would be considerably better.

Watchable, but not great.

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
He's alright. I'm not sure exactly why he has a show, but what makes me laugh is seeing the comments for his videos. I can't believe anyone would take half of his egocentric and off-color comments seriously and week after week people are surprised and often infuriated with his remarks. It's all just an act folks. I don't see people getting half as hot and bothered when Yahtzee makes off-color remarks. If you don't like him, don't watch him.

Tumi23

Apr 22, 2009
I really like him i have been watching him since he was making the videos for Destructoid they were better back then but the best thing about coming here is that finally i don't have to wait a 2 weeks or 3 for a new video and the reaction from the people is truly priceless, if you don't like it don't watch it + about his humor all that, who does take this guy seriously its like reading his reviews and other things at destructoid i really just go reading his stuff thinking "lol this is going to be good" like he says he is "gamings biggest douchebag" and its just fun listening to his and plus yatzee's reviews are awesome but at the end of them all i really don't know what his conclusion is but hey thats my opinion and my answer to the question is Yes i do like him and its getting really annoying seeing alot of these jimquisition threads

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I like the voiceover parts, but when he's doing the monologue portion, it drags.

cydvis

Mar 2, 2011
I like it.

Although I think the show would be better if it had more "new ideas" and less explications. Most of the time his point is easy to catch up, so spend more than half of the show in exemples and explications is like a "waste of space" for me.

...and I like the "thank god for me" line, the awesome opening/ending song, the outfit, the background. A little more sound effects (record of people cheering in the background at the end) would be great.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
the first two episodes were just awful, but since the third, it's getting pretty good. It's not the new ZP by any means, but Jim seems to have taken note of the numerous complaints on these forums and toned the annoyingness (is that a word?) down a bit.

The persona still gets on my nerves, though. Jim Sterling is a pretty interesting guy, he shouldn't need to hide behind a bad character to present his ideas.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Harmondale2 said:
I will admit that the episodes hes put up on the escapist havn't been the best so far, but his original series on destructoid was great, so I'm still interested about what hes thinking, he is laying on the persona a hell of a lot more on the escapist which I am finding a bit annoying, the subtlety is gone.
Lack of subtlety IS subtlety. It's also increasingly hard to couch tongue-in-cheek comments into bombasticity without laying it on in shovelfuls.

That being said, I haven't watched the program, and have no intention to. Just at face value, it looks like the sort of thing I wouldn't enjoy, furthermore at first glance I thought he was talking into an old-style microphone, then I noticed it was a "pimp cup" and I completely lost the last shred of interest I might have harbored.

Philip Petrunak

Apr 3, 2010
No, the show sucks ass. Hard. It's just some ugly guy with greasy hair dressed in a suit trying to stretch jokes to far and make ironically bad points about issues I don't think anyone really considers that important. His voice is remarkably annoying for a man with a English-ish accent, the subjects of his show aren't very interesting, and there is nothing visually appealing going on.

Frankly, I'm wondering what the hell happened to Lisa Foils. I can only hope that show wasn't replaced with this crap. It kinda irks me that now I don't get an entertaining escapist video on Monday, one of the crappiest of the week. Still makes sense to have the worst series on the worst day of the week.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Humor is forced and he doesn't pull off the A-hole well. I mean he is one, but not an endearing one like Yahtzee. Just a straight up one.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Yes, I do.

I think the style of the show could use some improvement; I'm worried that this 'self-worship' thing he has going on will wear out its humour before too much longer; and the first couple of episodes were quite weak.

But I like him now, I think he's funny, and I look forward to his videos.

Oh, and the intro/credits music is awesome, an excellent choice. That helps too.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
It feels like ranting for the sake of ranting to me, if I wanna watch that I would watch Jim Cornette.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Ravnican said:
No. I feel he not only doesn't say anything new or interesting, but he also believes vulgarity is a substitute for actual humor.
My impression was .. he uses vulgarity in order to cover up his lack of gaming ability.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
There was another poll I posted in for this same topic, so here's my response from there, with some minor edits...

I dig it lots.

Not just the videos themselves, but just the idea of Jim Sterling's persona. I love seeing how haters just bite into it every single time, hook line and sinker. There's always, without fail, people going "Strike three, you're out" every episode, but show up for the next to "protest" it. You'd think that most haters would just ignore it five episodes in since silence speaks louder than any bitching, but they simply don't, for god knows what reason. I like the chaos Jim Sterling has brought. Peace is boring. Agreeing is boring.

A vindictive side of me rears its head whenever, say, some article about games as an artform appears (such as the recent Fox News interviews) That side of me relates with Jim's style very much. It might not be a rational side of me, but it exists, and it screams for gamers to quit being so stupid with this wanting to be "taken seriously."

It's so nice to see someone who won't always discuss the same tired topics in gaming. Hell, when he talked about women in gaming he at least spared me the ALYX-BAYONETTA-JADE bullshit and went straight to a point I hadn't heard made before.

I don't believe every site should be 100% serious talk about serious topics, no matter what the mission statement reads. To add to that, I feel that every single last artistic industry needs someone like Jim Sterling to speak to that irrational side of us that just boils when the "take me seriously" legions appear.

And that's how Equestria was--I mean, why I like The Jimquisition.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
I like the Jimquisition. He talks about interesting things and he's pretty funny. I also really love his stage character, I don't know why but I just do. He does seem to have a very small budget however, what with his videos being just him talking, some gameplay videos and MS Paint pictures.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
AyreonMaiden said:
There was another poll I posted in for this same topic, so here's my response from there, with some minor edits...

I dig it lots.

Not just the videos themselves, but just the idea of Jim Sterling's persona. I love seeing how haters just bite into it every single time, hook line and sinker. There's always, without fail, people going "Strike three, you're out" every episode, but show up for the next to "protest" it. You'd think that most haters would just ignore it five episodes in since silence speaks louder than any bitching, but they simply don't, for god knows what reason. I like the chaos Jim Sterling has brought. Peace is boring. Agreeing is boring.

A vindictive side of me rears its head whenever, say, some article about games as an artform appears (such as the recent Fox News interviews) That side of me relates with Jim's style very much. It might not be a rational side of me, but it exists, and it screams for gamers to quit being so stupid with this wanting to be "taken seriously."

It's so nice to see someone who won't always discuss the same tired topics in gaming. Hell, when he talked about women in gaming he at least spared me the ALYX-BAYONETTA-JADE bullshit and went straight to a point I hadn't heard made before.

I don't believe every site should be 100% serious talk about serious topics, no matter what the mission statement reads. To add to that, I feel that every single last artistic industry needs someone like Jim Sterling to speak to that irrational side of us that just boils when the "take me seriously" legions appear.

And that's how Equestria was--I mean, why I like The Jimquisition.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. You're also 20% cooler in my eyes now for the MLP reference.