Poll: do you like jimquisition?

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
He addresses a lot of the same things that Extra Credits do and some things that Yahtzee does, I'll say that about him, but I love his cocky attitude, it's made me laugh a couple of times.

He's not supposed to be taken so seriously, and he's kinda spelled it out for you people in the newest episode. People here kinda have a stick up their ass like everyone who says something relevant is gonna be dignified or not be a character.

He's gradually getting better, and I've gladly added him to the list of shows that I regularly watched on The Escapist.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I like his stuff, not nearly as good as some of the episodes I've seen on Youtube but good. I don't see what people have against him.

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
Mr. Omega said:
Oh joy THIS thread again. -_-

I like it. Not as good as his Dtoid stuff, but it's good. I get that some people don't like it, but there have been worse series on this site. Some of the arguments against it are fair enough, but a lot of them come off as pretentious whining.

My personal favorite? People whining "The Escapist has better standards than this!" When the most popular video series on this site is about an angry British man making various dick jokes in a review of games.

And as for the "We already have Extra Credits" argument, does another perspective or another show discussing gamer culture REALLY hurt the site?
thisthisthisthis

Million times this

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
In general, yes. He makes some good points and I often find myself agreeing with him, and that's really all that matters.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Yes, I quite enjoy the Jimquisition. I think he is funny and insightful and gets better with every video - unlike my posts which are generally bland and short!

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I feel he should be more of a writer than a host. I mean he brings good points but his persona aggravates me.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Yes. I'll admit, his episodes on the Escapist have been under par for what he did for the original series on Destructoid. However, his last two have been quite good compared to his first batch and he's starting to realize that he won't be able to last forever if he keeps throwing out the "I can say whatever I want and not get fired!" card at every turn.

DanDanikov

Dec 28, 2008
We have production standards. We have quality standards. We don't have content standards; you can make a joke about a monkey's bottom as long as it's funny, recorded with professional equipment and well delivered. Sadly, Jimquisition (no 'the' I believe) fails on these counts.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
No, arrogance and crude langauge do not equal original and insightful content.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Is there a meh answer? How come people always this out. I like Jim when he is not in front the camera. When is narrating or has those short little random segments its okay. I don't like the whole V for Vendetta thing he has going on in the beginning though.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Not really my taste. I liked the Call of Duty episode and the Too Cool to be Cool Episodes that recently came out. But I don't know if I would say "liked" so much as I didn't dislike them. The only thing I found funny was the final part about Rosa Parks where he actually manages to make the joke funnier by explaining the joke with another joke that does a callback to the original joke. But that type of humor doesn't see its way into his show often. More often than not, he is just obnoxiously making points that are made every day on these very forums without bringing anything new to the table.

I normally don't watch the show but if the right topic gets shown as a teaser as to what the episode is about, I will watch any show on the escapist including Jim's.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Constructively, I believe his show is good, not the best here, but people give him a very hard time. I noticed people said that he was vulger and it was unnecessary. Well, so is Yahtzee and no one bitches about that, now do they?

He does need to work on his show though. Maybe a desk instead of a podium would help come off to the viewers or mayhap a different approach altogether.

I believe the dude deserves a chance to better his show even a little. If he doesn't then his show can sink like all of the other NOT-ZERO PUNCTUAION and NOT-EXTRA PUNCTUATION shows here.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
No, because I'm not big on the way he styles himself as "the biggest douchebag in gaming". Most of the people on this site are fairly intelligent, his sort of humor seems more fitting for high school kids.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
I didn't until i realized his persona was a massive joke ("I've never f***** a pair of plyers" i think was the exact moment...)

His vulgarity is a bit much, but honestly Yahtzee is more vulgar than he is (partly because he can fit more words into the show, but still :p) and i still enjoy his work. Is Jimquisition the best show on here?

F*** no. But it's still enjoyable, particularly his latest episode (too cool to be cool) and he does often bring up rather interesting insights.

Johnson294

May 8, 2011
Yes, Jim Sterling is awesome, he isn't afraid to speak his mind, brings up many good points, and is very funny.

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
I find it odd that people whining about "production value" are impressed by Windows Movie Maker and some stick figure drawings. I'm also shocked that people whine about his voice but haven't mentioned the narrator of Extra Credits. Nails on a chalkboard is putting it mildly.
That said, I'll take Zero Punctuation, Unskippable (though they are hit and miss), and Big Picture over it. It's only five minutes of my life after all: nothing to get pissed about.