ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Matthew94 said:
ResonanceSD said:
Well yes, but I quite like this one. Oddly enough, people still recognize me.
No one else has two GTX 580s

I think it's because you have a distinctive way of talking, like many here do. You can just see small things that make you look at the username then BAM it's ResonanceSD.
In my defence, I haven't referenced my hardware for at least a week, except for that one thread where that girl was like "AMD's GTX 580 wasn't even the best card of it's generation" and I'm like, *****, please.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
In my defence, I haven't referenced my hardware for at least a week, except for that one thread where that girl was like "AMD's GTX 580 wasn't even the best card of it's generation" and I'm like, *****, please.
My kinda guy, what cpu you running?

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
LordFish said:
So I've noticed that I appear to be the only person in the internet to have a real picture of me as my avatar... Am I weird? uncool? confident? scary?

Common, What gives?

EDIT

The 'No' answer should read "No, It's nice to put a face to the words" For some reason it wont let me edit it
hey, do you really need an eye-patch or is that pirate-chic?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Istvan said:
Neh, though it isn't the safest thing unless your goal is to hide in plain sight.
Yea, I had my actual name as my user name untill I realised how to change it.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Only one who uses a picture of himself?
*ahem*

http://www.designofsignage.com/application/symbol/hospital/image/600x600/arrow-left.jpg
And a damn sexy picture if I do say so myself ^_^

If I'm gonna be talking to people, may as well do it face to face. Or as close to it as I can get on the internet anyway.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
LordFish said:
ResonanceSD said:
Inb4 @Matthew94 starts screaming at me.

an i7 2600K OC to 4.7 with Speedstep on (because I'm not an idiot).

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
anthony87 said:
Only one who uses a picture of himself?
*ahem*

http://www.designofsignage.com/application/symbol/hospital/image/600x600/arrow-left.jpg
And a damn sexy picture if I do say so myself ^_^

If I'm gonna be talking to people, may as well do it face to face. Or as close to it as I can get on the internet anyway.
I'm just going to hijack your post wholesale.

EDIT: Though looking at it now, it's about time I got a new picture. That one's really old, and that's not even what I normally looked like then.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
LordFish said:
ResonanceSD said:
Inb4 @Matthew94 starts screaming at me.

an i7 2600K OC to 4.7 with Speedstep on (because I'm not an idiot).
I'll keep quiet then :p *mumbles something about a hex core @ 4ghz... am3 socket* :p

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
No, you're not weird in any way. I like to see the face of the person "talking" I guess.. Sure most people don't use it, anonymity and all that jazz..
But no, you're not weird, and you're most certainly not alone. I've actually had myself as an avatar here on the Escapist a couple of times as well, although I did not look quite as swashbuckling (and... bored??) in mine.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Um.. no.

Other people on the site do it, too.

Personally, I find face picture avatars to lack character. Having a, say, character from a game as your avatar (Take my Kat avatar from Gravity Rush as an example) will allow me find out what kind of games and everyday activities you enjoy and the like.

If you give me a face, I have nothing to go on other than "this is my face". :p

MortifiedPenguin said:
-lol ship-snip-
On a completely off-track note, I love your Hero Prinny avatar, dood.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I might use a picture of me as my avatar, but i don't want the GOVERMENT to know what i look like, for future "purposes"...

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
lacktheknack said:
smearyllama said:
Nah. We've had a bunch of users with avatars like yours. That one guy, whose name I can't remember, had a picture of him with his pet rat on his shoulder. He doesn't really come around these parts anymore. Moved on to greener pastures in early 2011, if I'm remembering right.
Simulord. He was pretty sure that the mods were after him.

OT: I don't do it, I prefer to put funny, horrifying or weird avatars next to my posts. I don't think it's odd if someone does, though.
That's the guy. Cool fellow, if I remember. What were the mods after him for, if I may ask?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wait, you mean most of these avatars aren't actual pictures of the user? Go figure, I guess that explains a lot. Do you guys all have horribly deformed faces or something?
-Kool Aid man

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Its rare but I like it. I would do it as well if I could find a picture of me I don't want to burn on sight.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
LordFish said:
So I've noticed that I appear to be the only person in the internet to have a real picture of me as my avatar... Am I weird? uncool? confident? scary?

Common, What gives?

EDIT

The 'No' answer should read "No, It's nice to put a face to the words" For some reason it wont let me edit it
You made a thread for this, really?

No, I don't think you're weird this isn't exactly something that isn't done before. My real picture is on my steam profile.
People post pictures of themselves all the time.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Not weird, just not my thing. I'm not insecure about my looks or ashamed of anything. I guess I just embrace the opportunity to post pictures of things I like or find amusing.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
No, I'd put up a picture of myself if I had one (I'm fairly good-looking). But I don't. :( Plus the evil smiley face is just my thing... Which is odd seeing as I'm extremely friendly.

Whatever!