Poll: Do you prefer gaming on your console or pc

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
How did you go to a gaming forum and think "I know! I bet no one's made a thread about Console Versus PC yet!"
Seriously, this is so fucking unoriginal. Not to mention these always contribute to flame wars.

Ocoton

Sep 25, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Ocoton said:
Untill you break this in paragraphs, I am not going to read this. Structure it better. I know you mentioned something about my arguments being backwards.

Explain to me the massive succes of the consoles then. Also, not a fanboy. I am a bit above that still.
It wasn't that long and you don't deserve grammar. Consoles blew up in a big way in my opinion because at the time pc gaming was nowhere near what it was now. It was extremely expensive at the time consoles first started to own a pc, let alone own a good one. Where as now it's a lot more affordable. The range was limited, and you required decent technical knowhow to handle a lot of issues. But that was a different world. Pcs then were large, bulky and impossible to travel with, where as consoles were light and simple, unplug, pick it up, walk across the street, plug in two cables and put a cartridge in. Done. A pc was a lot more awkward. But these problems have been solved, and as such pc gaming is starting to boom in a beautiful way. The compatibility, freedom, ease of access and cheap prices have made it the most appealing option for many individuals. Laptops can keep up with pcs gaming wise so transportation is not an issue, the entire system has overcome its issues and as such is now superior.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
PC, because I am far more comfortable with the mouse+kb control layout to the console controller, though i prefer the PS controller over the 360 controller.

TrollOgerElf

Sep 19, 2010
both have ups and downs but i prefer PC
that console war nonsense is not a game I am willing to play and who cares what macs think?
they don't even have a console version of them. [\taunt/]

kek13

Sep 23, 2010
I personally used to LOVE my PC, it was seriously my favorite all time gaming machine I loved the mouse/keyboard interface as well as the option to customize almost anything in it.
In fact my only beef with the PC as a whole is the fact that most OS's can get virus's and that you have to check your system specs almost every time you look at buying a game to see if you can run it.
Overall I would pick consoles because of their simplicity and they tend to be cheaper than a PC gaming rig.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I do most everything on PC; that which I don't, I do on my iPod. Mobile consoles have an excuse for existing.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I use my console way more than my PC. I prefer controllers and all I have is a middle of the road laptop anyway.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Depends on the genre, I mostly use my console since I love JRPGs but when it comes to shooters I have to have a mouse and keyboard. However for recent games I've been playing more of them on my PC because I use my TV as a monitor and have a USB controller, so there isn't much of a difference.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
It depends on the kind of game I'm playing. I've always preferred my shooters on the PC, but games like Zelda, or Mario I'd rather play on the console. There's certain gameplay styles that lend themselves to a certain kind of controls.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Ocoton said:
It wasn't that long and you don't deserve grammar. Consoles blew up in a big way in my opinion because at the time pc gaming was nowhere near what it was now. It was extremely expensive at the time consoles first started to own a pc, let alone own a good one. Where as now it's a lot more affordable. The range was limited, and you required decent technical knowhow to handle a lot of issues. But that was a different world. Pcs then were large, bulky and impossible to travel with, where as consoles were light and simple, unplug, pick it up, walk across the street, plug in two cables and put a cartridge in. Done. A pc was a lot more awkward. But these problems have been solved, and as such pc gaming is starting to boom in a beautiful way. The compatibility, freedom, ease of access and cheap prices have made it the most appealing option for many individuals. Laptops can keep up with pcs gaming wise so transportation is not an issue, the entire system has overcome its issues and as such is now superior.
Once again, I cannot be assed to read this friend. I asked you kindly to break it up for me, I am not in the mood nor at a suitable energy level to strain my eyes to read YOUR wall of text. Also, I am foreign, can I pull out the "I am a foreign, don't hate my skillz" card now?

Break it up or don't bother quoting me again, look at the posts above you, even the minor ones have paragraphs to tempt to user to read their contribution/writing.
Christ dude, you're basically arguing your side with a "I'm too lazy to read it.". Either read it or don't start an argument. It's not long at all.
And I'm on his side here, he makes sense.

OT: Computer by far. I hate console controllers, though I like the relaxability. So, if I ever get too hunched up, I get my laptop wired up to the T.V
So it's consoling at no extra cost! Yaay!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It depends on the type of games or the content.

Like Meatboy I would have preferred on console were it not a billion times better on PC

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Consoles, simply because i don't have to worry about whether my laptop will play it (and it won't) and the amount of upgrading needed for a PC would piss me off. "what's that Amnesia demo check my graphics card? FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Maybe if i got teh baist PC evar i would reconsider but that's technically impossible since new updates would start outdating it.

And the switch from controller to mouse would fuck me up

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I used to go wherever the games were fun, so I'd get a mix of consoles and PC, but the recent lack of quality of titles has driven me to be exclusively PC. That way I can play the old gold titles like Deus Ex, and still pop in the occasional good game that gets a multiplatform release.

It's a shame too, because I used to just completely NOT draw distinctions between a console and a PC. What is it about gaming culture that has polarized our opinions so strongly, and why was that necessary?

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
Consoles - Many Different Kinds, and they don't slow down or freeze unnecessarily...unless it's the Xbox 360 but that was years ago.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I don't own a console. I was ranting about buying a second hand xbox and a second hand copy of RDR if rockstar didn't port it to the PC. However a quick try of the game in a shop has reminded me that I just can't use controllers for anything other than sports games and platformers. Bugger. I guess I'll just never get to buy another rockstar game. So it goes.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I cannot vote, because I am biased. :) Also I feel like "both" is a viable option for me.

My sound card is putting out a stupid amount of crackle, so I can't stand listening to it for long. As a result, I enjoy not gaming on my PC more than gaming on it. I still play, but my ears can't take an extended period. So I enjoy time with my ps3 more.

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
Consoles are cheaper and far less a hassle than gaming PCs, so I stick with consoles. I have some old school RTSs on my PC though.