Poll: Do you still play pokemon go?

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I played it a bunch at the beginning. But server issues, terrible GPS and cell phone coverage in my area, crashes, all compounded together into making me not give a fuck anymore. I might still open the app when im around friends that are playing, but I no longer care enough to try to look for anything on my own.

I think a lot of people are like that now. When the app first came out, I would see people everywhere trying to catch shit. The mall, the mini market plaza, the beach. Now, I hardly see anyone even bothering with it. I think the only people still playing now, are the fans of pokemon's core games.

The people who got it for as a fad are quickly fading away.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
My phone is too old to support this game so i wouldnt be able to play it even if i wanted to, which i dont.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Not as obsessively, but I still play it every day. Got eggs to hatch, dogs to walk, etc.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My phone can't run it. I'm shopping for a new phone at the moment (no, not just for Pokemon Go...it's a coincidence, seriously). I don't know if I'd get too into it though once I do have a chance to play it. It seems like Pocket Morty's is more of a Pokemon game than Go but it doesn't look like a game that I would outright dislike.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Never even tried it.
I thought it sounded terrible from the get go myself, so same here. I suppose it got some people off the couch at least... and others shot >.>

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Nope. I perfectly understand that their explanation for shutting down PokeVision makes sense, but I just don't feel like running around the neighbourhood makes much sense to me when I don't know what's what and when (or where).

Another thing that bugs me, though: That crappy little traffic graph they gave us to show us how traffic dropped - that graph may include PokeVision traffic, but it also includes me and and about 200 adults in my vicinity that just stopped playing last weekend because of PokeVisions forced demise. We deemed it a dick move right away and we still think Hanke et al made a huge mistake. But, hey, not my problem anymore.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I was really, really late to the party so I never got swept up in the hype. TBH I don't even think it's all that much fun, just a nice lil extra thing to do while I'm out and about. My kid really likes it though, she gets excited whenever I tell her I felt my phone vibrate while the app is on and she gave cute nicknames to all the poliwags we caught. (they're her favorite) I do hope that they put back/fix the footstep thing, that would probably motivate us to play a lot more knowing that a pokemon is close by instead of ??????

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Maybe I'm in the minority but I've been playing it more than ever since the update. The loss of tracking doesn't bother me because I never used it: I prefer to just have the app open while I'm on a walk and catch whatever I bump into. More importantly, the latest updates have not only improved stability and battery use, they seem to have done something with the spawns that have led to a more diverse range of Pokemon. Before I could never find anything other than the usual plethora of Pidgey, Zubat and Rattata, but now I'm seeing Pinsir, Bellsprout, Growlithe, Abra and numerous water types every day. It's more enjoyable now than it was when it was at peak "fad", which just equated to shitty servers and poor performance.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
My health has been pretty shitty the last couple of months, in the beginning I played quite a bit but I've become kinda tired and depressed lately so I haven't been bothered with it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I just caught a Bulbasaur!

My Bulbasaur is a fat bastard but it's the first one I've found so far. I only just got a new phone so I'm seeing how games run on it...by games I mean Agar.io (like crap, bad internet), Miitomo (must. fill. database.) and this. I want to walk around but I live in the middle of nowhere and my anxiety is keeping me from leaving my bedroom...for now...

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
I ran out of pokeballs and wasn't going to spend money or go to pokestops for 1-3 balls each so I quit. Boring anyway, no point if you can't train and fight like the real games!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Now that I have the opportunity to play it consistently (borrowing my girlfriend's second device, as opposed to relying on my smartnot-a-phone), I play it whenever I have the chance. Usually whenever we're out somewhere on walks.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Yeah, its something to do and it will still be interesting enough until I collect most of the pokemon there are.
It's too bad the gyms aren't all that interesting or I'd be interested in raising my pokemon's CP. But as it is, a 1k pinsir might as well be a cp10 weedle considering I've already got both of those pokemon and have no reason to be taking gyms.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Frappe posted his real name. Time to hunt him down for vengence on something he said in Religion and Politics 3 years ago...

No but seriously I am enjoying this game, only just really getting to play it due to being out of town. I spent some money on incubators and Ive got eight- five kilometre eggs all incubating to hatch at the exact same time. Its gonna be mad exp!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It got released in my country literally today... So maybe I will keep playing it.

Zendariel

May 15, 2012
It's been out here for about a month and I'm playing it with my gf. We didn't go out so much because I suffer from chronic fatigue(CFS) which has lead to some anxiety, and she has depression, but we've gone for walks almost every day we've been able after it launched and seen much of our hometown we had not seen before. We also see a huge number of people playing it from every age group imaginable.

Really hoping the tracking gets implemented again as that was a feature I really wanted to try but was already broken when it was released here. Also for me gen1 has been perfect as that is the one I played the most and she had never before gotten into pokemon. The games got a bit exhausting when it went over 350 or so pokemon and now it's probably somewhere around 900-1000 different pokemon? But for the foreseeable future it's going to keep us outside few hours a day or every other day which is great.