Poll: Do You Swear?

Abbadiel

Oct 15, 2007
I live in a country where the word we use for "mate" (you know, mate as in "friend") is the same as "fucknut".

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
No because everyone I know who swears does it all the time. And it gets old fast. It's just a way to try and sound tough.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Legion said:
Yes, far too much. Although not in every sentence, and never when it isn't relevant to do so.
This. Plus I'm Aussie, we have a daily swearing quota.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Caliostro said:
bobknowsall said:
I'm going to resist the urge to type swearwords in ALLCAPS, if only to be a pseudo-rebel. *laughs*
Wouldn't betraying your will or honest intent for the sake of an externally designated ideology mean you're a conformist?

And if you acknowledge that, wouldn't that mean that you're ultimately not betraying your true will by not conforming to not conforming to conformis-... God my head...
Down this was madness lie, mate.

As for OP, while I'm not entirely sure, I think that bloody indeed is a cuss word. I mild one perhaps, but a cuss nonetheless.

As for using cuss words, I can tell you all that I do use them. Not all the time of course as I feel they mostly serve as a way to emphasise a point. Excess seems to remove focus instead of of leading it to the point. So, it's a useful tool, but one to be used smartly.

Swear words are not offensive and I can't see why I shouldn't use them, in general. Of course, if I'm talking to my gran I may moderate my language to fit, but then again, I do that all the time. I class I don't swear, on the job I do. With my gran I don't swear, with my mates I do. It's all about having an understanding about the situation you're in.

I don't hold with the people who find swearing offensive or something to remove from TV. It's merely words and frankly, I find bleeping childish and offensive. It feels like some people feel like we have to be protected from the world. We don't.

I may find a movie full of exaggerated cussing to be tedious but not offensive. Bleeping is sad though.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Caliostro said:
bobknowsall said:
I'm going to resist the urge to type swearwords in ALLCAPS, if only to be a pseudo-rebel. *laughs*
Wouldn't betraying your will or honest intent for the sake of an externally designated ideology mean you're a conformist?

And if you acknowledge that, wouldn't that mean that you're ultimately not betraying your true will by not conforming to not conforming to conformis-... God my head...
Yeah, trying to understand non-conformism hurts my head too, don't worry. That's why I only go for pseudo-non-conformity. Irony can conform to logic, at least.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Real-life, I can contain myself very well. My relatives never hear me swear. My teachers don't hear me swear. Not even my classmates hear it. Online though, especially in chat channels... I used to swear alot to the point that it possibly could have been considered excessive. But, as I said above, i'm trying not to anymore. I think it's working out well. :)

Got nothing to really be angry about anyway as of late.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
I tend to refrain from swearing, especially around females.

I just find it hard to stomach people who swear a lot. Sometimes it's absurd.

Most of the time I just get the first syllable out and then blank the rest of it.

Zetero

Apr 11, 2010
It depends. Sometimes i dont swear, but if i play a game and loose you can really hear it.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
Yes, should the need arise.

And 'fuck' is such a versatile word: I fuckingly fucked your fucking fucker of a mother in the fucker.

Elgegant, it is not. Versatile, however, it is.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
Voodoomancer said:
**** yeah, I ******* swear all the ****** ***** time, ***** it.
Isn't that actually saying you never swear since you kinda Bleeped out all the hot sexy swearing.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
FUCK YEAH!

But seriously, it's just words. It's not like you can kill someone with words...unless you control the Death Note. >_>

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
Fuck ball shitting yeah I do. It's god damn great to swear.

Nah. I do swear though, but I try to keep it at a civil level :)