Poll: Dubstep, how do YOU feel about it?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
There's some gems, but 95% of it is shit because it's made by any idiot who thinks he's a music genius just because he knows how to use dubstep mixers (or whatever). DnB is better in comparison, most dubshit uses wubwubwubwub effects without moderation.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I like ACTUAL Dubstep like Phaeleh and Burial and the early artists coming out of the London scene. Cannot stand modern dubstep like Skrillex or "Brostep" as some call it.

Phaeleh is excellent btw, a mix of early, bass heavy Dubstep and Ambient music and no wubs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BunHhpTFLys

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I like it, not my favourite genre but yeah. Prefer the darker, more guttural stuff

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Well it created this:

So its not all bad, however I prefer the more melodic dubstep to BwTAL DWUB WUBS!

Pakkie said:
Aaaaaaaand I'm in love. Fuck you dude

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sacman said:
manic_depressive13 said:
I have no particular feelings towards it. I wouldn't seek it out but it hasn't bothered me hugely the few times I have had to listen to it. It would probably piss me off if I had to listen to it too often though. It's a shallow and transparent type of music.
Yeah pretty much this... Though the shallow and transparent part goes for pretty much all "party" music... Not to mention you can apply passionless and sterile to a lot of it... It's just something all the bleepy bloop machines in the world having trouble getting across, you know actual emotion...<.<

if by "party" music you mean "electronic" then weather or not it conveys emotion is up to the listener....alot of it is hot or miss for me..but when it hits..it hits

I find normal guitars often bore the crap out of me...but that's just me

Leninv3l

Jan 4, 2012
I detest dubstep. It's like a bastardization of all good electro music. Frankly, i find it obnoxious and repetitive.

But to each his own I guess...

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
eh not to keen on all the skrillex type stuff tho occasionally im in the right mood for it and it just works.

prefer slower stuff
wich may or may not be dubstep its been years since i cared about properly labeling music rather than just enjoying it and not caring

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
Maybe as a devote metalhead something inside of me churns to have a great hatred towards other forms of music but i am also a lover of jazz and rock. I will grant the exception that they are in the same vein though. To me, Dubstep literally all sounds the same. It's possible i'm just a musical cynic and that i can't believe anything new actually sounds good. Which i guess is what i will chock it up to. I don't like it and it bores me greatly. Does it bother me other people like it? not really. Any obsession or fandom annoys me when it's so devote it can't be separated from the person. otherwise, I'm pretty meh.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm pretty much sick of it due to how mainstream it had gotten, it seen most media have a dubstep track to their trailer! Granted I fine when it can be used well and in moderation like the first Syndicate trailer but other than that, not my type of music.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I've heard some dubstep, and I don't really have an issue with it. The dubstep I've heard doesn't have lyrics, so at least I don't have to hear some whiny pop star singing clichés older than my grandmother.

That said, it's not my thing and I don't believe it'll last.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
I've a friend who's into dubstep. Being a young 18-24 adult, you can imagine I go to nightclubs and other such places. This is the right place to play dubstep. When everyone's too pissed to care and and the only goal is either "dance like a fool" or "get progressively drunker" (I do both.)

My friend listens to Skrillex on his laptop at home when when I'm over and we're having a chat, or playing a game. This is not the right place to play dubstep.

I also can't differentiate between what's supposed to be good and what's bad within the genre, it all sounds like a robot whistling through a voicebox underwater.