Poll: Empire or Stormcloak?

Denomoses

Dec 30, 2010
I went with the empire because the Stormcloak rebellion basically stood for what the one nation policy and Pauline Hansen did where I live, Australia. While the empire are questionable at least they keep Skyrim multicultural. Its a well designed war on Bethesda's part because of the fact that neither side is really in the wrong or right. The Stormcloaks want Skyrim freed from tyranny but they also want to make it a seperate state and only allow Nords in which I didn't like. The empire is somewhat tyrannical and unjust but it tries to keep peace, order and equality. And besides most of them hate the Thalmar anyway which is a good trade-off.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I chose empire. I REALLY like the look of their armor in this game. Plus, Ulfric stormcloak wants foreigners to leave Skyrim and my Redguard thinks dat's racist.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
A personality quirk of total loyalty to authoritarian figures/factions and a hearty love of Warhammer Fantasy has made me Imperial to the core (so much so that I still struggle not to attack all Elves on sight)!

Ironically, I have CENSORED FOR FEAR OF SPOILERS whilst with the Dark Brotherhood......

Even more ironically, given my Warhammer love, I'm an Argonian!

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Empire ofc. You'd be blind to not see the "Nords are the master race" mindset those stormcloaks are so fond of.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
deckai said:
Till now I tried to avoid joining any side. At the beginning both sides had their points and my alignment changed several times with the new things I learned about the fractions. Right now, the empire has my empathy, not because of what they do, but of a thing I read about Ulric.

During one of the missions for the Blades, I found a file about him, that states that he's a sleeper agent for the elves(although uncooperative). Which pretty much questions his whole rebellion.
I just found that bit of dirt on him (I'm doing the dragon main quest first and then the war one). I also walked in on him and his General talking. He is utterly racist and nationalistic. He has connections with the same people he decries the Empire for working with, and he wants to be king to be king, not for any real noble reason. All signs point to him being a sleazy politician who only cares about himself. I trust General Tullius far more and at least the Empire promotes multiculturalism.
This is mainly the reason why I "would" side with the empire, although I try to support each province on its own, although a few of the Jarls are major douchbags... but that doesn't mean the population deserves to get punished. Also, this is why I love skyrim, no other game managed to change my opinion on a fraction so many times. Usually I decide early on, what fraction I want to support.

Corporal Yakob said:
Funny, that's the reason why I play an Argonian ;D

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
deckai said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
deckai said:
Till now I tried to avoid joining any side. At the beginning both sides had their points and my alignment changed several times with the new things I learned about the fractions. Right now, the empire has my empathy, not because of what they do, but of a thing I read about Ulric.

During one of the missions for the Blades, I found a file about him, that states that he's a sleeper agent for the elves(although uncooperative). Which pretty much questions his whole rebellion.
I just found that bit of dirt on him (I'm doing the dragon main quest first and then the war one). I also walked in on him and his General talking. He is utterly racist and nationalistic. He has connections with the same people he decries the Empire for working with, and he wants to be king to be king, not for any real noble reason. All signs point to him being a sleazy politician who only cares about himself. I trust General Tullius far more and at least the Empire promotes multiculturalism.
This is mainly the reason why I "would" side with the empire, although I try to support each province on its own, although a few of the Jarls are major douchbags... but that doesn't mean the population deserves to get punished. Also, this is why I love skyrim, no other game managed to change my opinion on a fraction so many times. Usually I decide early on, what fraction I want to support.

Corporal Yakob said:
Funny, that's the reason why I play an Argonian ;D
Yakob: Filthy xenos scum! (raises sword)

Deckai: But I'm one of you!

(Caught between Imperial born revulsion of the alien and cold hard logic, Yakob's swing misses and only manages to lop off his own head)

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
Imperials because I am a Dunmer and stormcloaks treat me like shit.
Pretty much exact same reason for me on my 1st playthrough.
Second with a Nord will be with stormcloaks.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I go with the Empire. Yeah, they tried to execute me when all I did was hijack a caravan of sweetrolls meant for the Jarl of Markarth. But that whole "kill him anyway" bit is just an obvious ploy to bias the player against the Empire from the start and to try to bring them even with the faction of racist assholes who are just fighting for tradition. And that's a tradition that most citizens of Skyrim seem to have moved on from anyway.

Foxpack1

Dec 23, 2010
SPOILERS BELOW

When you think about it, the Stormcloaks are definetly the bad guys as the parallels they have with the Nazi's is quite shocking.

Angry with a peace treaty they were forced to accept: Versailles/White-Gold

Hates minority groups: Jews,Slavs,etc/Non-Nords

Will make the nation great again.

Charismatic leader and ex-soldier who claims to be doing things for his ideal people: Hitler and Aryans/Ulfric and the Nords.

Attempted overthrow of elected government: Munich Putsch/Stormcloak rebellion.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Skyrim belongs to the true nords, the Stormcloaks! At least until they take the Empire out of the equation. Then I'll slaughter them all like cattle and my High Elf will become the Matriarch of all of Skyrim.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
The what now? Whocloaks? There's a war going on? Oh wait, I'll get back to you in a second, I just gotta check that thing out over there! Ooh it's pretty!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well so far, I'm kind of neutral in this conflict.

On one hand, the Imperials did ban Talos worship. Which makes it understandable why the Nords would be pissed.

On the other hand, the Stormcloaks seem like a bunch of xenophobic nationalists. They pretty much treat anyone who isn't a Nord like garbage.

So for now, I'm not really choosing a side. I think the true enemy would be whoever is responsible for all the dragons invading Skyrim right now.

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
I was going to side with the Stormcloaks but i overheard Ulfric talk about attacking Whiterun.
I went straight to Solitude and signed up for the Legion simply because I wanted to kill Ulfric.