Poll: Escapists' Avatars

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
ThatLankyBastard said:
I honestly don't know where mines from... I just found it and liked it...

Actually, now I'm wondering... Anyone know what my Avatar is?
I think yours is from the anime Soul Eater.
But I'm not 100% sure.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Niagro said:
Argtee said:
Niagro said:
Obvious avatar is obvious.
It may be obvious that it's from an anime, but some people might not know what anime it's from.

Luckily, I've watched Claymore!
Forgot to put in "Cookie for it", but you got it anyway, so I suppose you can have half a cookie:

Also, you watched Claymore, you have my respect.
Ah, my first...half-cookie.

I have that warm, fuzzy feeling.
[sub][sub][sub][sub]OMNOM[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Also: The ending of it was...kind of disappointing.
I guess they had to end it somehow, seeing as the Manga isn't finished.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
An anime series (or a series of series) called Tenchi Muyo.

Argtee said:
Uh, Internet...I guess.

Either that or "Other", but I think it has more to do with the internet. (Seeing as it has a meme at the bottom.)

"Cool story, bro" is a meme, right?
Sort of. I mean there is a Urban Dictionary entry for it. It is supposed used ironically and last I checked the internet doesn't know how to use irony correctly, nor know the meaning.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
<-- Hm... Let me see... Gaming. Definitely gaming. Or internet culture. I think those both count.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Argtee said:
Niagro said:
Argtee said:
Niagro said:
It may be obvious that it's from an anime, but some people might not know what anime it's from.

Forgot to put in "Cookie for it", but you got it anyway, so I suppose you can have half a cookie:

Ahaha!

Now I have an especially tasty metaphorical cookie to give you then, in the form of Norihiro Yagi requesting a second season of the anime be made, disregarding the crappy ending of the first one.

Enjoy that =D

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Irridium said:
I shouldn't have to explain.

Before it was a dancing ninja. It was the guy from Karateka(I think thats what the game's name was anyway...)

I'll probably return to it. Or not. Maybe. Perhaps.
The dancing ninja that was always on beat with any song I listened to? I miss your old avatar already!!

OT: Mass Effect Shepard's armor, nothing fancy.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Niagro said:
Argtee said:
Niagro said:
Argtee said:
Niagro said:

Ahaha!

Now I have an especially tasty metaphorical cookie to give you then, in the form of Norihiro Yagi requesting a second season of the anime be made, disregarding the crappy ending of the first one.

Enjoy that =D
Mmm, Metaphorical cookie.

It's so good you can't even see it...

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Marter said:
Gaming and Anime, mostly.

Although I'm seriously considering changing it to something...non-Pokemon related. :eek:
WHAT!?

BUT THAT PIKACHU IS SO CUTE AND IT SUITS YOU, CUZ YOUR A POKEMON WIZ!!!

LifeCharacter said:
Well it's Kurimu from Seitokai no Ichizon, I do wonder what medium it's from sometimes.
I really hope they make a 2nd season to that anime

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
LeonLethality said:
Deef said:
I foresee this thread getting a billion replies despite the fact that it's just people talking about themselves.
The most successful threads on this site are ones where people get to state the obvious about things, complain about things, or talk about themselves. So yeah you are pretty much on the money there since this takes up two of those categories.
I'd make that three.

There's always something to complain about. There are not enough options in the poll for the genre-specific, This has been done before for the purist. And the lovely Escapist isn't what it used to be for the nostalgic taste.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Marter said:
Marik2 said:
WHAT!?

BUT THAT PIKACHU IS SO CUTE AND IT SUITS YOU, CUZ YOUR A POKEMON WIZ!!!
Kinda bored with it though.
BUT ITS FREAKING PIKACHU WITH FALLING SNOW IN THE BACKGROUND!!!

And lol I never thought you would be bored of Pikachu, and I liked your old pinsar avatar.

Was that your first avatar?

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
Mine is a symbol for the "Zeta Male." It's a terribly interesting(to me) concept that I latched onto. I have very serious doubts anyone here has heard of it, but has significance to me, so I keep it.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Marik2 said:

And lol I never thought you would be bored of Pikachu, and I liked your old pinsar avatar.

The snow's only during winter anyway. I'm removing the snow after winter ends. (Admittedly, in Canada, that'll be in May or something, but still...)

No, Pinsir wasn't my first. I had a couple ZP ones before that, BECAUSE I WAS LIKE, SO TOTALLY COOL WITH MY ZP AVATAR!

And soon it'll be...something else, which I won't disclose here.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
My avatar is a bastardization of the image that Stuart Ashen, a reviewer of retro tat devices on YouTube, uses in the beginning of most of his videos.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Television, Captain Kirk (Star Trek), and it might be obvious, but I dislike those who've said their anime is obvious when some of us aren't obsessed with anime, so if you're not obsessed with Star Trek and didn't recognise Captain Kirk, there you are.

It's particularly funny, if you search "I'm Captain Kirk" on Utube, the first hit by doc1885bc, about 18 seconds in, that's the expression. Would post the link but it might violate something, so playing it safe.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
I honestly don't know where mines from... I just found it and liked it...

Actually, now I'm wondering... Anyone know what my Avatar is?
Dr. Franken Stein from Soul Eater. :3

Mines from Neon Genesis Evangellion, it's Asuka Soryu, the pilot of Eva 002

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Marter said:
Marik2 said:

The snow's only during winter anyway. I'm removing the snow after winter ends. (Admittedly, in Canada, that'll be in May or something, but still...)

No, Pinsir wasn't my first. I had a couple ZP ones before that, BECAUSE I WAS LIKE, SO TOTALLY COOL WITH MY ZP AVATAR!

And soon it'll be...something else, which I won't disclose here.
Oh well its all up to how you feel man, but I will miss that awesome pikachu avatar :(