Poll: Ever done this?

goddz001

Aug 5, 2009
funnily enough i was gonna write something else here, but then i deleted it. after remembering what the topic was about i decided to write this. just thaught youd like insite into my life...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
kouriichi said:
Yeeeep. Usually, the reason is that responding to the person is pointless, because they're idiots.

No offence to most people on the site, but there are quite a few......

"People of lesser intelligence" on this site, as with almost all.
Lemme just fix that up for you.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I do. Usually I have to thinka bout it, look at it, decide what kinda crap I may or may not for it, and finally if i want it to be said.

usually I just type it and delete it, just so its out of my mind.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:
Yeeeep. Usually, the reason is that responding to the person is pointless, because they're idiots.

Shoosh.
I dont pride myself on my spelling.
I pride myself on my good looks, charm, and awesome cooking skills.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Oh yeah, I used to do this all the time. Hell, sometimes I still do it. It's usually because I think either "People have already said this. No need to repeat, this won't contribute much to the thread" or "Wait, I no nothing of this topic. Why am I here?"

I must say, though, looking at the poll, it feels good to know I'm not the only one who does this.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
kouriichi said:
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:

Shoosh.

quite a few...

"People of lesser intelligence" on this site
"People of lesser intelligence"
Just saying... Don't make statements like that and then leave mistakes in your post. Really doesn't look good, mate.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
I was going to just say "Yes" then I said "I don't think that'd contribute to the conversation much." And then I said "Wait, I just did exactly what this thread was talking about. I can just type this!"

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Whether or not I decide to post something usually depends on if I think it's mild enough to avoid undue attention.

May 5, 2010
Yes. Many times I'll lose my train of thought or realize that what I was saying was wrong. Or I'll just realize that I'm not contributing anything.

Ironically, the Escapist didn't seem to want to let me post here at first.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Aye, I only post about 1/3 of what I intend to write.
Often I leave the thread before posting because my post seems confusing or I realise that I don't really want to share my statement with others.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:

Shoosh.

quite a few...

Just saying... Don't make statements like that and then leave mistakes in your post. Really doesn't look good, mate.
Neather do white suits after labor day, or tight jeans and belly shirts on heavy set-women.
:) but some things cant be changed.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I'd say about a third or more of the responses I start typing out here I end up backing out of. It's not necessarily always because I don't think that it doesn't add to the conversation, but that I know I didn't put it the right way and don't wish to backtrack and restructure my entire statement.

I wonder how many people ironically did that exact same thing in this post though.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I sometimes want to post something about how pointless it is to post something on that thread, write it, smack myself in the face, and go do something else.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
kouriichi said:
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:
Jaranja said:
kouriichi said:

Shoosh.

quite a few...

Neather do white suits after labor day, or tight jeans and belly shirts on heavy set-women.
:) but some things cant be changed.
Not my problem if you don't want to improve your spelling.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I'm actually really hesitant with most of my posts, I have a good memory and thus remember past bad comments I've made like they were yesterday so I'm really careful, a lot of times I start writing a response and then backspace it.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
After I realised that I just spent ten minutes trying to word my response so that some idiot won't flame me for it I give up and close the tab. If I chose to finish reading and posting in all the threads I was planning to do so in, I'd have double the post count. I'd also be banned.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
I don't usually get to the stage of actually typing it out, but I do often conceive answers and then decide against writing them.