Poll: Ex-marine shot at 70 times hit atleast 60 bleeds out because SWAT team wouldn't let paramedic's in

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Summerstorm said:
3. WHY does everybody in america has got a fucking ASSAULT RIFLE at home?
That's not a fair assumption from this article. He owns a gun that he was trained to love and care for and look after for at least a couple of years. It would be odd if he didn't get a AR15 when he got home. Becomes a hobby, a habbit, a point of pride, what ever.

It's that and the AR-15 is a sexy gun.

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Those poor children will probably have skewed views of the police for the rest of there lives.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
internetzealot1 said:
And you can't shout "Police" or something? Jesus, guys...
Oh that depends. Some kind of raids (Search warrants) allows the Police to enter without informing people inside about it.

Its really sad to see people die of police mistakes, but it also shows what kind of country USA is. You hear car in front of your door, and you go check out whats going on with an assault rifle in hands.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
These officers should lose their positions and be charged. Not a suspension or some pansy punishment. They should be fired without benefits, and be charged for negligence. Not necessarily for the shooting (when a police officer goes into a house and they encounter somebody armed with a gun, that tends to happen), but certainly for refusing medical access.

Make an example of corruption and incompetence and both will cease eventually.

Patriot4Life999

Oct 9, 2010
I am freaking amazed that the Police department changed their damned story several times!! This is an outrage, I also bet he will not be allowed to have a proper military funeral either. This is horrible in every aspect.

destiaer

Jun 26, 2010
MASTACHIEFPWN" post="18.287390.11350953 said:
Did the guy even fire his gun?

Don't they have to fire at you first in War with that Jeneva convintion crap? Does this apply to police?

It said in the article that his safety was still on his gun, so no, he never fired it. And no, not since the Patriot Act was instated, I think. They can shoot you or arrest you if they feel they have "probable cause." Didn't use to be this way, ya know...and it could be a lot worse. This, however, is inexcusible. I can only wish that justice will be swift.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Firing on him first, completely justified. He walked out with an assault rifle after all.

Not allowing him access to paramedics, however, is absolutely fucked in the head.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
No-Knock warrants should not be possible because of this. You put people in the situation where they're justified in defending themselves and this shit happens.

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
Nick Stackware said:
Firing on him first, completely justified. He walked out with an assault rifle after all.

Not allowing him access to paramedics, however, is absolutely fucked in the head.
It's your house.

If you have a weapon, you're gonna pull it out when someone is breaking in. How the hell is anyone supposed to know who's breaking in if nobody announces it?

I usually side with the police in these stories but this one is outrageous incompetence...

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
unsuprizing i know this guy who is a manager at a GW he had a SWAT guy come often the guy asked "you wanna do a traning exxercise" which is basicaally you shooting at them all day with simmunitions and he said when telling the story that they were doing a hostage rescue senario killed the hostage so they after wards said o'well thats what we call a bad day just dont have to many of them, sooooooo ya cant understand the paramedic part thou it will be amusing if it turned out that the house they were exsposed to raid was next door that would suck

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
ThongBonerstorm said:
Your ignorance, it hurts my face. you could have at least read the article, not just the headline. they did have a warrent, it never said they didn't identify themselves, and if you tried, i'd hope you got shot to shit as well.

guy didn't need to fire his gun, what kind of sense would it make to have to wait some someone to shoot at you to defend yourself? and do you even know what the Jeneva convention is?

also, he could have been accused of shoplifting a chocolate bar, thats not the issue, HE PULLED A GUN ON COPS what the hell do you expect to happen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0f00_JMak&feature=player_embedded

Your ignorance, it hurts my soul. I guess it's a good thing we have the right to bear arms, so that SWAT members can fire at us like cowardly gangsta thugs and be congratulated for doing so.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
geldonyetich said:
As the SWAT team forced its way into his home, Guerena, a former Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq, armed himself with his AR-15 rifle and told his wife and son to hide in a closet. As the officers entered, Guerena confronted them from the far end of a long, dark hallway.
Yeah, I'd say this more or less is signing your own death warrant.

Honestly, if you got hit with 60 bullets, I don't think a paramedic's going to be able to do much for you anyway. It'd probably take them at least an hour just trying to find all the holes. Even then, if you managed to survive the internal organ hemmorhaging, succumbing to lead poisoning is fairly inevitable.

Anywho, tragic loss of life, very regrettable.

This being an Internet forum, I think the real agenda here is to encourage legalization of MJ.
no lead that would be aganst the geneva convention

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
The pigs screw up once again...this could have been handled a whole lot more intelligently by the swat team and not a single soul would have been harmed. -1 for federalized law enforcement.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Blank Kold said:
How much do you want to bet that they get off with a slap on the wrist?
Did the guys act out of orders?

The way I see it, they have Rules of Engagement, and these orders and rules are created by higher-ups. SWAT teams are just tools, and spec ops in general are never held accountable for anything, they're trained to follow orders.

Unless they specifically went against what they were told (Maybe the other guy's AR15 had to be fired before they can shoot back or something like that) - they don't deserve any punishment.

The guy that gave the orders to do this, though..

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Sudenak said:
Your ignorance, it makes my head explode. First thing, SWAT doesn't just pull people in off the streets and train them, you have to qualify first, you have to have had six years on patrol as a police officer and seven years in the Police Department, and what would you have done in that situation? SWAT officers are drilled to the bone that when they see (In this instance) a man standing at the end of a dark hall way, with a civilian legal rifle you drop them Flat. Fuck. Dead. And only then do you move in, he had a fire arm, he may have had it pointed in the direction of a heavily armed officer of the law and he brought it on himself. The Ex-Marine was in the wrong in this situation and got himself killed which doesn't make it any less sad. And further more, Paramedics are NOT allowed into a Hot Zone until it is cleared. And they probably wouldn't have done much good anyways. He was a goner by the time he picked up his AR-15.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I don't understand the point of knocking if you're going to break the door down so quickly seconds (<10 seconds here). I know it's because they didn't have a "'no knock' warrant" but it seems a bit silly. I could totally see someone going to answer the door only to have it knocked down on top of them. Shouldn't there be some sort of legal protection requiring them to wait a specified time in which a person could reasonably answer the door before they bust it down?

For the lose indeed, captcha.