Poll: Favorite Foreign Language

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
I prefer latin languages because: A) I can understand them somewhat (I speak Spanish, so that helps) and B) Italian is really cool.

I should go learn it

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Well it's a tie for me between Russian, Italian, and Vietnamese. It's actually thanks to you guys that I made a decision for one I wanted to start learning (Italian). It's going well, and once I'm comfortable with it, I may go on to learning the others!

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Russian is my native tongue. But i love it.
But out of foreign languages I'd say Japanese or Spanish.

And to all out there wanting to learn Russian, let me tell you it's hard.

Поэтому желаю вам удачи, товарищи эскаписты...

Hunter6475

Nov 19, 2009
If only based on the poll for me it's a tie between French and Japanese. But I guess that's only because I have family who have either French or Japanese heritage so..still doesn't mean I speak them fluently, I'm at the basic conversational level for both right now.
I voted for other since there was no "both" option so I would probably include Thai, its an interesting language if you give it a chance, also because of heritage reasons.
I'll stick with English until I can atleast hold a 5 minutes of conversation in another language.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Anchupom said:
"Es tut mir leid, aber es ist zeit zurückgeben auf Die Mutterschiff."
(that's grammatically correct, too.)
"Es tut mir leid, aber es ist Zeit zurückzugehen auf das Mutterschiff."
Or, less awkward: "Es tut mir leid, aber es ist Zeit auf das Mutterschiff zurückzukehren."

OT: To me it has always been the language I didn't really understand. First it was English, when I knew that it became Japanese and when I learned that it became "Chinese" i.e. Mandarin.

Dystopia

Jul 26, 2009
I'm baffled as to why you've got an option for 'both German and Russian' but no options for French or Spanish. They are the two languages I speak besides English.

My favourite is Romanian though.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
russian german and japanese are my joint favourites
and someone else has probably pointed it out already, but 'foreign' is subjective... english is foreign to people outside the uk/us or wherever

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
English is pretty fun, and really useful these days. And thanks to the Internet and TV, I'm able to speak it quite fluently.
Also, i think German is a cool language. Don't really know why, but nevertheless it is.

standokan

May 28, 2009
spartandude said:
French

parce que le singe est sure le branche
Oui, l´ours a une barbe rouge

OT German, because I can slightly understand it and that nazi jokes are bound to be made.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Chinese. When you grow up in Shanghai, its hard not to pick up an appreciation for the language. Also, you learn to despise Japanese and ,if you travel to the south of China, Russian.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Definitely Portuguese. It sounds exquisite and I'm learning it at the minute, it's great fun.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Meneghetti said:
I won't vote, because I'm not from a english-speaking country.

My native language is Portuguese, and I speak english, took classes of Japanese and Italian, worked with an Uruguayan (Spanish speaking) and want to learn Russian, German and French. :D

I bet no one is gonna say "Portuguese" as his/her favorite... *sad*
Hey, a native Portuguese Speaker!
Estou aprendido a tua lingua, eu gosto muito dos sons. Conheces a algumas bandas de musica portugueses o brasileiros? Eu quero expandir o meu conhocimento da lingua!
Obrigado e saudacoes!