Poll: Favorite Zelda Game

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Thinking about it seriously, I loved the open nature of Wind Waker. Twilight probably comes in second followed closely by Majora's. But since I'm in the very slow process of playing through all of the zelda games (non-zelda games don't help with that) it might change.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I enjoyed TP immensely. I feel like it took some of the problems in the series, fixed them, and gave it a nice little change of atmosphere that proved pretty refreshing. The sheer scope was also really neat.

I_Sinanju _I

May 3, 2011
Aw man, I thought I was the only one who LOVED Majora's Mask.
...Could it be I am... No longer alone? :'D

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Favourite is still Ocarina of Time, can't remember Majora's Mask anymore so guess I'll have to play it again.

Why you ask? For the memorable music, perfect temple designs and challenging puzzles, the many many interesting boss fights and how well the laid out the landscape, not to big or small and filled with secrets.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Charles McGuffin said:
I only like the The Legend of Zelda games, that neither conatin Link, Zelda and Ganon.
Oh, so you enjoy Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland?Yes, that's a Zelda Game.

Sorry, but it was there! I just had to do it!

OT: Majora's Mask. It was much darker than any of the other Zelda games, including Twilight Princess. Plus, it actually gave me a sense of anxiety when the world would end. It was great!

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
NowAndZen said:
Eh, boss? Go ahead and burn me at the stake for saying, but I feel like there's just one Zelda game, endlessly remade.
Okay: Series you now must also not like to the same degree as Zelda:

Every sports game
Cod
Battlefield
Halo
Pokemon
Pheonix Wright
Professor Layton
Age of Empires
Dawn of War
Many others...

Just because they are taking the same concept and twisting it only slightly, the series is still a masterpiece because it is its execution that is special. No game is similar other than it's backbone, and even its backbone has cracks in different spots from game to game. The puzzles and dungeons, the reason we play the game, are all very unique, and masterful.

Anyway: Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite, though I did love Majoras Mask almost as much.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Favorite - A Link to the Past.
Second - Ocarina of Time
Third - Majora's Mask
Its nice to see people like Majora's Mask. These are all very close in the standings.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
:O Majora's mask is winning, that surprises me since Ocarina usually gets all the credit. Majora's Mask is my favorite though...I played Ocarina before it, but Majora's was the first I beat all the way and I really love the darker style and storytelling. Plus, the stone temple's music is awesome :D

CScuff

Jan 14, 2011
Absolutely love the original. Something about it. I dunno. This post is so informative.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
mar4511 said:
So what is your favorite Zelda game Escapists?
Always and forever will be MAJORA'S MASK!!
Why? because it was bizarre, dark and twisted and took the serious to a level of disturbing that has made it stand out the most out of all the Zelda games.

Never has a Zelda game ever given me that same sense of Deja Vu and Familiarly Unfamiliar.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
I_Sinanju _I said:
Aw man, I thought I was the only one who LOVED Majora's Mask.
...Could it be I am... No longer alone? :'D
No you are not dear sir.
Now please would you be so kind as to help me topple the Soul Society *Cough* I mean Equestria? :D

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
No Zelda II: Adventure of Link?! You would honestly deny the best action/adventure platformer on the NES to being filed under the lowly "Other" option? I'm so disappointed...

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
It's probablly the nostalgia talking, but I was always partial to LttP. It was also the first one I thought was good. I'm glad I didn't play the orginal until much later since I never would've even considered playing any Zelda game after. I also did like Majora's Mask, but the time mechanic really annoyed me. I hated having to stop fighting a boss and travel all the way back to try again because I ran out of time.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
You know, I wanted to pick Majora's Mask, because in several ways I do consider it superior to Ocarina of Time. But, Ocarina has more sentimental value to me. It was my first console game on my first console (Up to that point I was all PC and Gameboy), and I have many fond memories of me playing it, so, I have to go with that as my favorite.

Though, I've honestly yet to play a Zelda game I didn't enjoy, so I feel like picking a favorite implies I don't like the others, which is far from the truth. But I guess if I could only have one, I would pick Ocarina of Time.