Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
Awhile ago I made a thread asking what everyone's favourite sword was.

Today I think I'll be more general. What are your favourite melee weapons, period?

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Axes just look so deadly, even the ones which are just meant to be utilitarian. I'll go with axes.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well for me it is slightly traditional: it comes down to either a sword or a spear. I think I'll have to say sword, just because there is more variety than a spear.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Swords, I am a huge fan of them.
Fact why can't we carry them around like the good ol' medieval days? (For self defense only)

If not that, it has to be daggers or unarmed, always my second favorite.

Edd4224

Jul 5, 2011
I voted sword, as you can have some beautiful swords but special mention has to go to Sauron's mace!

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I really love the Flail. Because really what your bonecrushing mace needed most of all was the ability to swing it around your head.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
Cast Iron frying pan. It makes satisfying noises :D But in the constraints of the topic, I'd have to say a sword.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
FalloutJack said:
The crowbar, of course.

Hey, I live in THIS century.
Definitely the Crowbar. I don't know why it wasn't an option, but it is the most common weapon you'll find these days in the general public area, and has numerous practical uses too. Add to that HALF LIFE and you have win.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Time to sound really generic and say sword; to be specific, the Katana. I like the history behind it, it's a good, light sword. It feels good to hold and carry, a symbol of honour and status, that's why I like it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sword. I don't know why I prefer those as my melee weapon of choice. I guess there is something appealling about those or how most fantasy heroes use a sword.

Dec 14, 2009
I like swords, but I know you can only really get away with carrying one around if you're this guy...

Damn, Vergil, why you so awesome?

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
I'd go with a machete. I'm not sure which option to vote for because they're halfway between a sword and an ax, and if you've ever used one you'll know what I mean. Nasty fucking things they are. A well honed machete will chop through a tree branch just as readily as an arm, and so I'm not sure where to qualify them. They can slash and drive like a sword yes, but they're also very adept at chopping down branches like an ax. I guess to the point if I had to carry a melee weapon I'd want it to be useful for more than one thing, so I would go with a machete before anything else. In this day and age, a blade is nothing more than a tool that can double as a weapon, just like a spade. Hell, according to the old adage even a handgun isn't a weapon, it's "something you can use to fight back to your rifle". And guess what, my rifle has a bayonet. And when your rifle has a bayonet and a sold butt-stock on it, you've got melee and distance covered.