Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Personally I feel you can't beat a good broad-sword. Nothing fancy just a nice straight blade to fight with.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Billhook or pollaxe

as there both pollarms and the Halberd is one as well i guess I'll vote for that

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Why isn't Bo Staff or Kamas or Tonfas available?

Doesn't matter - I'm a black belt. My hands will suffice.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Nothing screams 'I'm gonna fuck you up' quite like an axe. machetes and chainsaws aren't quite on the same level; machetes due to their smaller size and chainsaws due to being less practical. I tend to prefer weapons such as axes or spears, which have practical uses besides fighting people.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
I'm a big fan of swords, especially the lighter ones like rapiers. Be careful, though--swords will fucking cut you wide open:

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
A nice hand-and-a-half sword, with a poleaxe, halberd, or spear as a weapon with longer reach.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
Mace, it may be heavy but I can just swing it around without a care and it'll hurt someone. Where as a pointy weapon requires a little thought.

Razmas

Jun 27, 2010
I'm very partial to swords because I just think they're a very elegant weapon; but I'm quite fond of halberds too.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The sword. Its the only weapon on that list that doesnt have some kind of natural drawback. Plus theres a bunch of different types and syles to choose from.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Shadowstar38 said:
The sword. Its the only weapon on that list that doesnt have some kind of natural drawback. Plus theres a bunch of different types and syles to choose from.
swords have very big drawbacks(its why they were some of the least used on the battlefield in reality)
Range was king in fights(pikes,spears,& pollaxes)

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Thought there would be more calls for it, but I'd go with a scythe. Not practical sure, but dammit if it doesn't strike fearin everyone!

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Shadowstar38 said:
I beg to differ, swords are for swinging and you've gotta draw something back to swing it.
Anyway the best melee weapon in versatility is a pike with some sort of glaive. tons of range and can be used offensively or defensively. If you want something stylish or stealthy I'd go with a swordcane though.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I like swords. I guess it's because of the association with heroics, but they're very elegant, too, and they're easier to carry around then, like, a spear. I know that swords aren't the most effective weapon, nor the most cost-effective, but they're the most awesome.

I wish I could get a licence to carry a sword... That'd be pretty badass.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Spears. Easy to make, easy to customize for varying purposes, simple to train with, and very versatile overall. The fact that they're vastly underrated (swords get all the credit, it seems) doesn't hurt, either.

Shadowstar38 said:
No weapon doesn't have some kind of natural drawback. Swords overall kinda suck against heavier armors without very specific applications, where someone with a hammer, mace, or knife would just laugh. They're also more expensive and harder to make, and harder to train with. They also have individual drawbacks based on type.