Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Kusari gama... a chain with a sickle on one end and a big iron ball on another, what's not to like? :) You can crush, stab, slice, cut AND choke opponents. Hell yes!

Chimichanga

Jun 27, 2009
Gladius - a specific kind of sword closer to a machete - hack off limbs and has multiple uses.

That and it does +15 damage to Greek soldiers (ha ha ha, Roman history joke).

EDIT: If we're talking armored soldiers, then a flail or morning star.

No idea why there are so many weeaboo weapons in this thread.

CorruptCor3

May 17, 2010
Liiiiightsabre. Not seeing that option above, I cried a bit,and then picked sword because it is the closest.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
A pistol. Because that way, I wouldn't need anyone to get close to me before I could kill them.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Reaper195 said:
A pistol. Because that way, I wouldn't need anyone to get close to me before I could kill them.
Hmmm... Something tells me you may hive missed the point of the 'favourite Melee wapon?' thread...

Unless you are Indianna Jones of course!! :p

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
An axe.

It's a cutting weapon, and if you're willing to have it be heavy, you can also break through armor with it. As well, if you can get to the side you can slice someone's spine in one clean motion.

I think about weapons way too much.

Jan 12, 2012
Halberds are probably my favourite from a historical perspective; hand them out to a bunch of peasants, teach them to hold in a block when being charged, and presto, you've got a revolution on your hands!

rednose1 said:
Thought there would be more calls for it, but I'd go with a scythe. Not practical sure, but dammit if it doesn't strike fearin everyone!
To quote Terry Pratchett: "Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants revolt will know that in skilled hands it is quite fearsome. Once its owner gets it weaving and spinning no-one -including the wielder- is quite certain where the blade is now and where it will be next."

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Sword.
Generally the bigger the better.

In most RPG's I'll play as the typical 'stalwart hero' type melee fighter with a sword, it just fits for me really.

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
I'd probably go with the classic one-handed sword for so many reasons, but mainly because I consider swords to be the perfect balance between strenght, speed and elegance. Plus, I get a free arm to carry a shield, or... another sword!

rednose1 said:
Thought there would be more calls for it, but I'd go with a scythe. Not practical sure, but dammit if it doesn't strike fearin everyone!
Or that. Would probably be harder to wield, but I'd take the risk just for the plain awesomeness of fighting with a scythe.

Teddypimm

Jul 18, 2011
Halberd, there's something imposing about a halberd, its not the kind of thing you'll miss.
And that it can be used as a axe and a spear, which means you can set it against a charging opponent (Spears are better for that though, the have a lighter head)

How useful is that armour when you've ran into a very pointy stick with a axe-head on it, eh?

Its a pain to use in tight spaces though.