Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
cuppajoe1687 said:
Saulkar said:
StBishop said:
This makes me believe further in a system that evaluates an individual on their mental and sexual aptitude and development. Say you have someone who wants to start having sex under age say 12 or 13 but you do not know how capable they are. In that case I believe there should be an specialized aptitude test that evaluates an individual and determines whether or not they are ready. In the event that the individual wants to have a sexual encounter with someone who is like 5-10 years older than them, those people should also be (anonymously unless they commit a crime) registered following a similar test (more like an interview followed by a period of observation as a written test can easily be cheated) so that not only do you have a face, you have an ID that can allow you to track them down quickly. But none the less with such a complicated system many more might just forgo it and commit the act illegally. Here in Canada there was much opposition towards the age of consent being raised from 14 to 16. Reason being is because it would do nothing to stop underage sex and because it was made illegal, rape and abuse victims would be less likely to report it as they had broken the law.

The age of consent law in itself is all encompassing rather than tailored to the individual as not all people are created equal.
umm...a test to be eligible for sex? Please tell me you're dicking around.
To have sex below the minimum age!!! Read! It is easy. Above age of consent? Go hard, fuck all the orifices you want, no test needed.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Alumatine said:
bakan said:
I mean, seriously who pays a babysitter to look after his/her 14 year old child, aren't they old enough to be alone for some hours...
Nah, you need someone to be there. Otherwise they roam the streets trying to pick up 20 year old hotties...

Kenbo Slice said:
Guys guys guys, I think we're all missing the point here: That kid hit that! If I was 14 and that wanted to fuck me, I'd feel pretty damn lucky.
I like you, I feel the same way. This whole thing is contextual. Obviously there is a law, and the law needs to be followed but come on... she wouldn't need to get me drunk... that's all I'm saying.
*High five* I really want to shake that kids hand. I didn't have a babysitter when I was 14, but damn, that girl can babysit me anytime she wants. She won't be into me though, I'm the same age as her :p

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
Like 20% of the posts in the last 5 pages have been "Where were these girls when we were 14..."

I think that, paired with the edit of the original post, kinda put this consensual aspects of this debate to rest in my opinion. :(

Kenbo Slice said:
*High five* I really want to shake that kids hand. I didn't have a babysitter when I was 14, but damn, that girl can babysit me anytime she wants. She won't be into me though, I'm the same age as her :p
We need a time machine my friend. :(

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
If he actually consented to doing it, then they SHOULD both be charged with only alcohol abuse, since technically neither of them are at the legal drinking age here. But, our legal system is horrible...Even if he did consent to having sex--even if he was actually the one who initiated--legally, he can't consent (according to the law, minors and the mentally-handicapped cannot consent to having sex). Therefore, the babysitter will be charged with both statutory rape and alcohol abuse. Personally, I don't believe that the babysitter should be charged with statutory if the second article is to be believed, as that makes it much more likely that the boy consented...but, according to the law, she is guilty.
Also, before I forget--to all you asking to flip it around, as if it were a guy being charged with a 14-year-old girl...well, that'd mean that the girl consented, now wouldn't it? And that they'd had a relationship for about 6 months. So to me, it's kinda the same thing. Sure, the guy would be hated a lot more for it, but the girl would still have been theoretically dating him for half a year.

Fugitive Panda

Jan 21, 2011
Frankly, these days a 14 year old is probably 'mature' enough to handle sex, so I don't think this warrants prison time. Not that this still isn't dangerously irresponsible, but the laws in response to these things should be made more flexible, if anything. I vote for rehab, I guess.

Also, currently the highest poll option is 'Get that kid a medal!' which is kind of sad.

cocoadog

Oct 9, 2008
The edit makes it less creepy... but aww hell hasn't been a good witch hunt in a few hundred years, off with her head I say!

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Well, umm that's strange. I'm all for the immutable word of the law and double standards in any capacity can go fuck themselves so if she has to go down for stat rape then so be it, fine. She broke the law. But that said...

THAT LUCKY LITTLE FUCKER!!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, so she's 19. Well then if she were from the Canada then she's within the legal age of consent for a 14 year old, ha (5 years if the person is 14, 16 is fair game). She would even be allowed to buy the booze.

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
cocoadog said:
The edit makes it less creepy... but aww hell hasn't been a good witch hunt in a few hundred years, off with her head I say!
A few hundred years ago, a 14 year old could be running a country in some parts of the world. If they could handle that, then it's insulting to think they he wouldn't be allowed to be with the women he cared for, regardless of age.

cocoadog

Oct 9, 2008
Alumatine said:
cocoadog said:
A few hundred years ago, a 14 year old could be running a country in some parts of the world. If they could handle that, then it's insulting to think they he wouldn't be allowed to be with the women he cared for, regardless of age.
SHHHHHHHH. Let me hunt my witches in peace.

LtWiesel

Jul 26, 2010
After this big edit...well, she gave him alcohol, okay pay a fee or whatever the law in this country demands.
Forced sex?...yeah it prolly was forced, I mean when a hot girl wants to have sex with you when you are 14 you just can't say no...

But afterall, if they had a relationship for some time just let them be together, take the booze away and give them some condoms!

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
cocoadog said:
Alumatine said:
cocoadog said:
Sorry sorry... BURN ALL THE HOT GIRLS THAT HAVE NO INHIBITIONS!... wait a minute... o.0

I'm sure there's some obscure monty python joke in here about being "as wet as a duck" but I'm not sure that I wanna go there.

Adrian Neyland

Apr 20, 2011
There is a complete double standard, If it was a male babysitter there would be no discussion about it. Why doesn't it work both ways?

RobJameson

Mar 18, 2008
I love how it's socially acceptable for people to congratulate a 14 year old boy for being raped by a 20 year old babysitter who was supposed to be looking after him. Not only did she have sex with a minor but she was also abusing a position of authority, she was meant to be looking after this kid and instead she got him drunk, I'm sorry but what if a 20 year old boy got a 14 year old girl drunk and had sex with her while he was supposed to be looking after her and the news would go wild, this guy would be a monster.

It's a huge double standard that exists, the woman deserves jail time and she has broken the law. On top of that a 14 year old girl is a lot more developed than a 14 year old boy, girls go through puberty earlier than boys so the age gap is even worse when put into this context. The victim also looks very young for his age anyway.

But seriously stop with the 'wow shes hot' arguments, what if Brad Pitt drank whisky with an eleven year old girl then had sex with her - imagine what a collosal douche you would look like if you started offering her high-fives and saying how lucky she was, that's what you look like now.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure everybody that's saying "lol shes hot tho" didn't click on the original story with the mugshot, as opposed to merely looking at the Myspace internet-disease picture. That nose is a case for rape charges.

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
Adrian Neyland said:
There is a complete double standard, If it was a male babysitter there would be no discussion about it. Why doesn't it work both ways?
Disagree. I'm from aus and our legal age for sex is 16 (Same as drinking at home) so I may come from a more liberal background than some others on here.

If it was a 14 year old girl, 20 year old guy, consensual and in a relationship. I think it would be fine. :) I'm not saying that everyone has to agree or find it morally sound or that laws should be changed, I'm just saying that basing emotional maturity on a number is a stupid concept.

cocoadog

Oct 9, 2008
Alumatine said:
cocoadog said:
Alumatine said:
cocoadog said:
Sorry sorry... BURN ALL THE HOT GIRLS THAT HAVE NO INHIBITIONS!... wait a minute... o.0

I'm sure there's some obscure monty python joke in here about being "as wet as a duck" but I'm not sure that I wanna go there.
How do we know said female is attractive? Is that actually a picture of her? (gee I hope not). But still rules are rules and this axe ain't gonna swing itself.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
19-14=5 years
hmmm. . .I am not sure how I can think about this in a logical sense. I mean yeah the girl is technically an adult, but it doesn't really strike me as odd really. I mean my grandparents have over a 5 year difference in age, so why is this any different? I almost want to give this guy a fucking medal.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
I dunno, I feel the minor age is a really debatable thing. Firstly, being from England the consent age is 16. I find this more realistic and reasonable. But if you think about it, someone can be 17 and 364 days and someone can still be arrested for having sex with them. I find it highly unreasonable.
In regards to this case, it really depends on the details. Which at the moment all seems like speculation.

Adrian Neyland said:
Actually, the discussion would be: Did the girl want it? If its consented I don't care what way the gender rolls are. Just saying, it's easier for a 20 year old guy to force himself on a 14 year old girl than a 20 year old girl on a 14 year old guy.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
RobJameson said:
I love how it's socially acceptable for people to congratulate a 14 year old boy for being raped by a 20 year old babysitter who was supposed to be looking after him. Not only did she have sex with a minor but she was also abusing a position of authority, she was meant to be looking after this kid and instead she got him drunk, I'm sorry but what if a 20 year old boy got a 14 year old girl drunk and had sex with her while he was supposed to be looking after her and the news would go wild, this guy would be a monster.

It's a huge double standard that exists, the woman deserves jail time and she has broken the law. On top of that a 14 year old girl is a lot more developed than a 14 year old boy, girls go through puberty earlier than boys so the age gap is even worse when put into this context. The victim also looks very young for his age anyway.

But seriously stop with the 'wow shes hot' arguments, what if Brad Pitt drank whisky with an eleven year old girl then had sex with her - imagine what a collosal douche you would look like if you started offering her high-fives and saying how lucky she was, that's what you look like now.
He was not raped.
They had been in a consentual sexual relationship for months.