Poll: Final Fantasy X remake - do YOU hate it?

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Zekksta said:
I'm kind of over remakes and reskins.

Bring on the new games I say.
First reply already has it covered. Unless a game is so old that it's not possible to play it anymore, I don't really see a need for remaking it (although it can be a nice touch to do some minor UI cleanup when rereleasing things just for the sake of convenience, particularly for PC games).

Particularly in this case, FFX is the game that finally made me sick of the FF series entirely and give up on it. I'd really rather see them doing more with their non-AAA titles instead of turning franchises I used to like into crap I can't stand (Mana series, I'll miss you) and remaking every FF game 75 times. At least I still have New Game+/hard mode left in the criminally underrated The Last Remnant, the PC version of which is actually good.

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
Not fussed, I enjoyed older versions of Final Fantasy (everything beyond X sucked but I liked X). However the day they release another console KH which follows Sora is the day I leap with joy and sell my right testicle for a PS3 and a copy.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
If they fix that god awful voice acting and maybe redesign some characters (Seymour and that fucking hair) I can get behind it I guess. Still think they should trying to make good new games instead of remakes.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
4RM3D said:
Where is the Final Fantasy VII remake? Don't make me wait till the Playstation 4 (or 5).

Why is Square-Enix remaking FFX of all the FF games, anyhow? Can't say that I have been waiting for this. But if I do get a Playstation, I'll pick up the game eventually.
Because all they need to do to rerelease FFX is to give it a new coat of paint. From what I understand you can't do that quite the same way for FFVII, you'd actually have to make the graphics from scratch. It's far more work for the money.

Also I never cared that much for FFX so I probably won't touch it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Hey, guys. You what some people who have a PS3 didn't have? A PS2. So unless you'd rather keep them from having the opportunity to play the game, don't criticize it for being a rehash/cash in.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
As long as they don't mess with the timeless "laugh" scene then i'm cool with it. Damn you all, it was a moment of pure emotional poetry I tell ya!

In all seriousness is there any good reason for remaking this? FFX doesn't seem to be that old to me nor in desperate need of a graphical facelift so...why are they doing this again?

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Wow, they are remaking FFX? What utter contempt for their fans. The ONLY final fantasy game I have seen even requested for a remake was 7. ...am I wrong here guys? Am I missing something? And I don't care if you loved or hated 7, we all know that's what the majority wanted. Not only is that the only FF to get it's own movie, but that fake demo they showed years ago actually sold PS3s. They said they weren't making it and IT STILL SOLD PS3's. That's incredible... Putting your own preferences aside, you cannot deny that's the one that would sell the most. I can't even imagine how much money such a game would actually pull in if it was sold. But yeah, the only explanation is square is both stupid and they have contempt for their audience.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I tend to be neutral on remakes unless they screw up mechanics/layouts like in the wild arms game.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
I'm indifferent to it. Mostly, I find it pointless. Unless they do something to make it worth while (such as the rumored redub) or add some additional content. There's really nothing else they can do it it. They may smooth it out a bit but they can't really make it "HD" cause the game isn't made in a widescreen aspect ratio; it would be stretched to shit or just show you more scenery for no reason. Graphically, the game still holds up for the most part, and they sure aren't going to go in and drastically retool the gameplay in any significant way

I would much rather see them do some sort of compilation release; give us a PS3/360 disc set with several of the FF games on it, perhaps even all of them pre-13. Maybe make some sort of special collectors release or some such. I think that would be a much more worth-while project than an "HD" re-release of a game that's barely 10yrs old and most of us still have a console that can run it.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Final Fantasy X nearly made me lose faith in the franchise. Final Fantasy XIII actually DID. And now we get Final Fantasy XIII-2, the lamest idea since Final Fantasy X-2, followed by Final Fantasy X.

AGAIN.

That's it. I'm not buying another FF game until they remake VII or IX. (Or VI! Now THERE'S a game that deserves to be introduced to a new audience!)

jwonno

Oct 30, 2011
Yes Final Fantasy X was somewhat linear up to getting the airship, and I agree that if you stick to the main quests it isn't much of a challenge. The battle system is always personal choice as they change it pretty much every time.

HOWEVER, if you start exploring once you're able to, you'll soon realise that there is a lot more to do and challenges to beat. Monster Arena in itself is a huge hunk of gameplay, both in terms of completing it and what you can get from it.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
I love FFX, but it doesn't really need a remake. It's a fine game as it is. Better to just release a port on the PSN Store or something. Interesting to see how they do it though.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
A remake of my Favorite FF game? Of course I don't hate it!!! The hell with anyone who says another FF deserves a remake >.>

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
AcidKnight said:
Seriously the only reason people hate the remake of FFX is 'cos all FF players are crying they aren't getting FF7 remade. It seems the vast majority of FF gamers adore the ever loving hell out of that game and wont shut up about it not being remade.

I have never seen such love for a game, seriously! I started playing it and just couldn't force myself to get very far (I am up to some part where I have to make Cloud cross dress for some reason) and all the while I am thinking "this is THE FF game? Why?". A lot of people have said it gets better at some point but people complained about FF13 taking 20 hours to get good and apparently 7 is better than 13, so shouldn't it be good from get go?

Hey, if you love the game then fair enough, just hush down a little bit ... I want MGS1 remade with 2 and 3 but I am not all up in arms about it.

More on topic and less ranty. I love FFX and can't wait to get it for my PS3, I already have it for PS2 and I own a BC PS3 so I can play it but I really want to see it remade.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I'd be fine with it since I missed out on it before and the ps3 isn't backwards compatible, plus it would be a hell of a lot better than ffxiii. I hope they take this chance to implement all the features from the pal version in the American release.

DarkSoldier84

Jul 8, 2010
This is the first I've heard of a Final Fantasy X remake. Seriously? The game's barely ten years old. I know every Square fanboy wants Final Fantasy VII remade first and Square-Enix continues on more Dragon Quest games (of course, since every man, woman, child, and dog in Japan buys the new DQ games on Day One) and the presentation of Final Fantasy titles.

You know what would be a better use of resources than a remake of FFX? FFX-Zero. Let us play Braska's quest, show us how he met Auron and Jecht and how they fought Sin.

I wouldn't mind an FFX remake that redid the voice work. By Yevon, those voices were terrible. Not a good way to enter a new hardware generation. If I ever meet James Arnold Taylor, I'll tell him that I want to punch him for his Tidus voice (I wouldn't actually punch him; I'd just say why).

What I want out of the "Final Fantasy remake" thing is a new FF6. It was the best written game in the series, with every character having their own crises to resolve, and there are fourteen playable characters.