Poll: Final Fantasy X remake - do YOU hate it?

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
I loved FFX but I don't really think it needs a remake, it still looks rather pretty, I'd rather they remade 7/8/9.

Also a PC release would be wonderful, since I don't have a PS3 anymore...

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
I liked FFX. But there are so many other Final Fantasies worthy of a remake. Like FF7. Square is just being thick when they would rather Remake X then VII. Or IX. Or VI....

There would be nothing wrong with them making a FFVII remake. They would be giving the fans what they want and be going for a huge cash-grab. You know. Something EA and Activision always go for but get the flank for it. Square on the other hand would probably get away with this one.
Unfair. Think about the logistics of FFX (I'm assuming you've played VII and X here). Think about the size of each segment of the map and how you see them. Now think about VII and the sheer SIZE of the game. More importantly think about the graphics we already have in X and compare it to VII.

A remake of X is relatively easy, even a FULL remake as opposed to an HD touchup is easy. A full remake of VII is extremely costly.

Now I want VII to be made, I do. I would love remakes of VII and IX and to a slightly lesser extent VI. However the logistics are difficult, it will cost them huge amounts of time and money. The production time for a game of the graphical quality of XIII is massive and that costs. Making it the size and scope of VII and giving it better than XIII-2's graphics...well, it's gonna be hell to pay.

Oh but the rumours continue to fly that it's happening, it gets denied, it gets called impossible, it gets mentioned in a whisper and it goes on.

As for the boss of FFX people keep complaining about Yu Yevon is not a final boss in terms of difficulty, that's the one before, Yu Yevon and the aeons are there as an emotional goodbye, you're meant to be empathising with Yuna as she has to kill everyone of her friends and then killing Yu Yevon is a sort of ending moment, it's not about the power, it's equivalent to the fight between Cloud and Sephiroth at the very end of VII, you win by design, the play is there to engross you.
Of course if you don't empathise with Yuna then that's the fault of the game but the end boss is purposefully impossible to lose to.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Sylveria said:
I don't actually have a PS3, but it's the same principle, and yes, I'd rather get on PSN and download a port than order an entire console and game and have them shipped.

And still, how is it a bad thing for anyone else? It's a Win-Neutral situation. People who want the game can get it easily, people who don't will, at worst, have to scroll through one more name in the PSN library.

EDIT: And IIRC it'll be an updated version, not a direct port. Don't know exactly how updated.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Naeras said:
4RM3D said:
Where is the Final Fantasy VII remake? Don't make me wait till the Playstation 4 (or 5).

Why is Square-Enix remaking FFX of all the FF games, anyhow? Can't say that I have been waiting for this. But if I do get a Playstation, I'll pick up the game eventually.
Because all they need to do to rerelease FFX is to give it a new coat of paint. From what I understand you can't do that quite the same way for FFVII, you'd actually have to make the graphics from scratch. It's far more work for the money.
True, but I think that a FFVII remake is gonna be more profitable than a FFX remake. Even if they have to redo everything in FFVII.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
FFX was actually my favorite of the Final Fantasy games that i've played (7,8,10). With that said, I think remakes are pretty dumb. They would be better trying to make new good games rather than trying to recapture old glory days. Doing remakes just seems delaying FF's inevitable collapse.

Pseudonyme

Nov 24, 2011
RJ 17 said:
But let me just say this, above all else, HERE is why FFX was an absolutely shitty game: it is literally impossible to lose against the main boss (Yevon) unless you kill yourself...TWICE!
Yevon is not the main boss. Penance is the main boss. If you can't see the merits behind a story driven battle then I think final fantasy of all things may be a bit much for you.

The best part of the yevon fight was zombifying him then throwing downs at him anyway.

I liked ffx. Quite a bit. It's still perfectly playable and easily emulatable, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to the remake, even if it's only an excuse to relive the game again in a prettier way. Moreover, since I'll be picking it up for the vita, it will be portable, and that will be grand.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I hated FF X.

I am looking forward to this remake.

Simply put, Tidus was VERY poorly handled as a character. His arc takes too long to bear fruit, his character remains far too self-centered throughout, and his voice acting... ye gods. His very existence managed to kill the game for me.

That's why I'm excited about the remake. This is a chance to revamp it, get a better voice track for him, and tone down the 'It's all about me!' his dialogue seemed to ooze at times. I'm willing to give the remake a chance for this, since it will let me play the game without being... distracted... by the lead.

Silent_Protagonist

Jul 6, 2011
No, I am not looking forward to it.

I would much prefer a remake of Final Fantasy 4, 6 or 9.

Never did like Final Fantasy 10....

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
AcidKnight said:
A lot of people on the internet are complaining that the FFX remake is a waste of Square's time, whether its because they want another Final Fantasy remade first or they didnt like FFX the first time around.
It's not that they don't like FFX. It's more that they don't like being trolled by Square. Final Fantasy fans have waited more than a decade for a FF7 remake. And what do they get? A FFX remake.

I think I find this hilarious more than anything else. But then I rather liked FFX, and I wouldn't mind playing it with a bit of a makeover. Granted, I would much rather have Kingdom Hearts 3, and every time I see anything from Square that doesn't have to do with KH it makes me die a little more inside. But then I move on with my life...after I go to my closet, kneel before my shrine of bones dedicated to Hades, and put one more pin in my Tetsuya Nomura voodoo doll.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
If by "remake" it's just another lazy polishing of the graphics and slight modification of the sidequests, then it can go suck as much as it wants far away from me.

Chris Beck

Jul 20, 2011
Personally, I'm very excited for this remake! Final Fantasy X may have been a bit more linear than I would have cared for, but the cast, story and leveling system are excellent. I'm also excited that this seems to be a golden opportunity to bring the additional content from the International version to the U.S.; nothing I love more than good, challenging extra bosses :D

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
FFX is a perfectly good game on a system with relatively nice graphics, even by today's standard. Why not fix up IX or VII? I'd go for either of those two.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
A remake?

...damn, I don't have a PS3, or I would look forward to it. Technically, I haven't even started my own copy (played a little at a friend's house; based on that and recommendations, I expect to enjoy it), but still, if an even better version comes out, I'd play it in preference.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I thought FF X was pretty damn awesome. Many of the characters were flat, but the combat and story made up for it. It had great graphics to begin with but I'll enjoy it again when it's out. X-2 had some decent ideas like the climbing, but it was mostly terrible. Hearing Tidus referred to as "you" constantly got on my nerves.