Poll: Firefox vs. Chrome (and why?)

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Chrome was just too intrusive "please sign in" to my fucking browser? go away.

Also I have been using firefox since before chrome was a twinkle in someone's eye.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i want to use firefox, but it's super-unstable on my pc for some reason, and crashes every 5 minutes on a good day, so i use chrome

Poppy JR.

Jun 25, 2013
Chrome because it's super fast, and you can customize themes easily. The apps aren't too shabby either.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Firefox. A long long time ago when I was moving from IE I read a study somewhere that said that Firefox was faster then Chrome or something like that. I'm not sure how correct it was, but I've used it ever since.

13thforswarn

Jul 11, 2009
I used to use Firefox all the time, but two things made we switch ti Chrome completely.

1) When Youtube made it's retarded layout change (the subbox no longer being in a grid format) Google Chrome had better extensions than Firefox to switch it back to a grid format.
2) After 5 years of using Firefox, Firefox all of a sudden began crashing my computer. I don't know how, or why, but it does.

So now I've switched to the best alternative. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Both Firefox and Chrome have their own perks make them excellent browsers.

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
Niehter, get waterfox it's optimized for 64 bit. All the features of firefox and almost as fast as chrome.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Casadechrisso said:
No Chrome on my PCs, I already have enough Google sniffing on my phone and websites like YT. I'm not paranoid, but at least with PC webbrowsers I still have the option to keep my pants up...

On the PC: Palemoon (optimized FF)
On the Mac: Safari
The thing is though there is literally a ton of Chrome extensions solely dedicated to privacy, so you can have all the benefits of Chrome (the crazy speed and user friendly interface) without any of the drawbacks (the snooping).

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I used to only use Firefox, but one of the updates made viewing and printing PDFs at work a huge hassle. So now I use Chrome for work and home.

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
I use to use Firefox and Safari, but now I use Chrome. Chrome seems better and I don't get annoying loading time like I got with Firefox sometimes or it never once has crashed with me, like with Safari.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
So, I'm the only one who uses Opera?
It's pretty fast, the mouse gesturing is useful and the browser can be easily use to check email and rss feed. It can also be use to irc. So, yeah, big Opera fan! :)

BakedSardine

Dec 3, 2013
Safari.

Chrome crashes constantly on my Mac for some reason, so just easier to stick with Safari. Chrome at work, where I have to use Windows.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Firefox. It's interface is just too friendly to me for Chrome to make a difference. I'm an old futzy man I'll admit when it comes to tech.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Despite I know Chrome is better but I just still prefer Firefox. I just don't like Chrome minimalist appearance and I can still change the layout to the way I want in Firefox.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Chrome , mostly because it is better at syncing things like bookmarks to my other devices. Only reason really I used to use FF and it was as good that minor point not withstanding.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I use chrome all day everyday, I used to be a big firefox fan but I found chrome just worked better as time goes by.

As a web developer though we (where I work) develop with firefox as it does exactly what your expecting, then we make it work for Chrome and well then IE...cause IE is just a damn disease on this earth and never works like it's meant to...

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Chrome. 3 words: Integration, minimalism, speed.

All the google stuff works great through chrome, makes admin minimal, I have f*** all to hide XP
The clean, minimalistic look and fast, easy to use UI is for me the most stunning thing I have ever seen in an application.
Finally it is just really really fast, even if it does enjoy eating RAM.

The extensions are also really simple to add and manage for chrome and the fully customisable theme (I even made my own themes at one point XP) makes it quite adaptable.

Moderated

May 12, 2012
Wraith said:
I doubt it would be editable to my specific tastes.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously, you can have it look however you want. This is my firefox:
http://i.imgur.com/HON8TrQ.png