Poll: Gamer Girlfriends

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
castlewise said:
Darkauthor81 said:
Then they're idiots that aren't ready for a relationship anyway. Their social ineptitude just saved you from being hit on by a jack ass and maybe a really bad first date. lol Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I don't think I'm in any danger of being asked out by a young jack ass seeing as I'm old, married, and a guy. But I see where the confusion is coming from.
My bad. Thought you were speaking from female perspective.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
SegaJanesis said:
castlewise said:
I would say that what guys really want is a girl who will watch _them_ play videogames and make appreciative noises at regular intervals.
This is very true. I regularly have to play badly so that guys will still feel manly and spend most of the time just watching others play and commenting on their perfect choice of combo.

Yawn.
lolwut? That doesn't make much sense...

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
Most of my girlfriends have been gamers. This is mostly because I like to date people who like similar things as I do.. Which often includes video games.. Though I will admit that getting dominated (getting only 1 kill for each of her 10) at Modern Warfare 2 by your girlfriend can be pretty emasculating :p

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Darkauthor81 said:
castlewise said:
Darkauthor81 said:
Then they're idiots that aren't ready for a relationship anyway. Their social ineptitude just saved you from being hit on by a jack ass and maybe a really bad first date. lol Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I don't think I'm in any danger of being asked out by a young jack ass seeing as I'm old, married, and a guy. But I see where the confusion is coming from.
My bad. Thought you were speaking from female perspective.
No worries. Its easy to confuse the bitterness of having to put up with young jerks felt by women with the disdain for young jerks felt by guys who know better. ;)

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
my girlfriend gets scared by the zombies in plants vs zombies.

i made her play amnesia and now she refuses to touch games.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
zehydra said:
SegaJanesis said:
castlewise said:
I would say that what guys really want is a girl who will watch _them_ play videogames and make appreciative noises at regular intervals.
This is very true. I regularly have to play badly so that guys will still feel manly and spend most of the time just watching others play and commenting on their perfect choice of combo.

Yawn.
lolwut? That doesn't make much sense...
Guys don't like women they feel threatened by. That's why for so much of our history women have been deeply socially and sexually repressed. All because of men who were afraid of losing their boners.

Adversely, girls don't like men they feel threatened by either. Which is why so many girls love having a gay guy friend. A guy they can feel completely comfortable with. It's just that women have never been in power enough to impose their insecurities on us like we have on them.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
My brand new shiny GF (we haven't gone on an official date yet) plays video games, she actually had a pretty stack of PS3 games when I went over, how often she plays these games I dunno. But I'm excited :D

PS: We played soul caliber 4 where she gladly wiped the floor with me after a quite explanation of control lol.

100% sure she isn't into games quite like me.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I'd love to have a gamer girlfriend. I'm asexual but I get lonely...But yeah, a gaming girlfriend would be a god-send. Wake up, breakfast, casual games, lunch, hardcore games, bed, handhelds for a bit, "go for the high score" (You know what I mean) and then sleep. Paradise.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Kinda...she liked the art style and played a bit of RPG, was good cause I love JRPGs and she loved looking at JRPGs, we got on pretty well...just I'm not too good a boyfriend so yes complications arose...nothing to do with games though, just me.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Sorta. My ex liked Mario Kart and Guitar Hero (though for some reason was unable to use the guitar controller, but kicked ass with the regular controller).

Natural Philosopher

Mar 2, 2011
I have a best friend (female) who games xD thats about as close I get lol. I would love my girlfriend to be a gamer though if its anything similar.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Darkauthor81 said:
Marik2 said:
No but I want one :p
Where is that image from? If it's from an anime or a manga or something I would totally love to see it.
I really doubt it

Found it on google, but yeah I would totally read or watch it :p

I found another one that was the same but it said "FUCK I want one"

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
My most recent ex had a ds, and insisted that made her a gamer. She also professed undying love for MW2, although she would never so much as touch the console. (I called bullshit)

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
Marik2 said:
No but I want one :p
HA! that is awesome! but while me and my girlfriend do game, its more because we are about 800 miles apart and it's one of the things that at least helps us stay in touch. Its fortunate that i found someone who likes first person shooters and all... but it gets almost to a disturbing degree when anything explosive involved. this is a girl that stabbed me in the back with an energy sword all because i had picked up a rocket launcher with one shot left. she loves explosives.

but no, i have no doubt in my mind that if she was in the room with me, she would resort to these type of tactics. awesome picture, good sir

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Atticus113 said:
Sadly no, girlfriend of the past year hasn't even owned a Gameboy. I did manage to get her hooked to Professor Layton though haha
All it takes is one game. You've found a opening in her defenses now insert a crowbar and start prying it open. I'd suggest a Phoenix Wright game.

Interesting side note. They're making a Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright cross over game.