Poll: General age and gender-groups on The Escapist?

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Male
28 years old, most people say i act like i'm about 18, don't know what that says about me as a person but whatever...

Its good to see a few ladies on here... Now if i could only get one of them to talk to me... i'm so sad....

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
mgirl said:
Female, 18.

I'm actually quite suprised at the small number of female votes... I thought there would be more than that at least!
In contrast, I'm not at all suprised about the small number of female votes (by comparison).
People can harp on as much as they want about the closing gender gap of "gamers" I'm still not seeing it.

Also, Male 21. I pretty much fit the core demographic, except I actually play sport a LOT more than I game. I really just come here for the nice people and forums with some substance, and of course the videos. =)

EDIT:
Mr Fixit said:
Its good to see a few ladies on here... Now if i could only get one of them to talk to me... i'm so sad....
Hey buddy, have you tried talking to them =) ? Find a usergroup that you relate to, like interests or regionally, and drop 'em a message saying 'hi' =) . Please don't be creepy-ish though, don't let the side down =P .

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
mgirl said:
Female, 18.

I'm actually quite suprised at the small number of female votes... I thought there would be more than that at least!
The stereotype about all-male gamers is still true in some respects. The majority demographic for more "hard-core gamers" (a term I use loosely, just to mean people more into gaming, a.k.a. the type of person to be on this site to be on this site) still leans towards the males, though it is starting to get away from being quite so heavily skewed in the male direction.

That being said...

I'm a 21 year old female. 'Ello, y'all.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
both mean under 18, don't they? The arrow points at the smaller number no matter the direction.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Male, 20

I wonder what the break-down for sexuality and gender identity is. I've seen other forums with a fair number of people that are biologically male but consider themselves female (and from there are either gay or straight, it's fascinating stuff).

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
17 year old male here.

Under 18 is a bit ambiguous, because that could mean anything from me, to the kind of child you imagine screaming on CoD.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Mischa87 said:
Female, 24 going on 692. Also, I'm surprised at the lack of female response here, I personally know more females on here than the post shows. Not to mention the whole gender divide in gamers is vanishing, it's something like 42~% of gamers are female now.

To the women: Come on out and vote, it's anonymous, you don't have to worry about mouth-breathers stalking you after responding (A lot of women won't even reveal their real gender online,for fear of being creeped on, or otherwise harassed)
The only problem with a blanket statistic like "42% of gamers are female" is that it generally doesn't define what a "gamer" is in this context. Do gamers here include people that only play Angry Birds and maybe own a Wii? Or does it only pertain to "hardcore" gaming?

Still, I imagine that female gamers on the Escapist number a bit higher than on other gaming forums, for we seem a bit more open and, for whatever reason, attract hardcore gaming girls.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
23 (24 this December) and Female. Alright, enough of this stuff, I have new games to play.