Poll: Give up Human Form: If you had this option, would you take it?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
CulixCupric said:
jboking said:
COOOOOP-OOOOUT.
Ok, would you consider it valid if it was limited to just "Were-Otter"?
If you are able to turn into a human at any point after changing, no. Not valid. The whole point is that you have to give up your humanity and the benefits that come with it. If you can appear as human, you don't lose anything. That's what I'm saying.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Hm...yes, I suppose. I would be living as a...spirit, I guess you could say, on the Internet. Screw being a physical being.

Brad Calkins

May 21, 2011
Well obvious a god would be my first choice, but if that we're unavailable, I'd say a lich, preferably one of the ones that don't rot. Eternal life, the ability to create and control all forms of undead, and trust me there are a LOT of choices there. If you killed me, I could just find a new body because my soul would be in a seperate vessel all together, which I'd likely keep at the bottom of the ocean/deep underground and guarded by a crapton of zombies.

Jay Andrew

Oct 7, 2010
Yes, but only if turn into either the Sand Wraith (Prince of Persia Warrior Within) or a Saiyajin (DBZ)

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
jboking said:
CulixCupric said:
jboking said:
COOOOOP-OOOOUT.
If you are able to turn into a human at any point after changing, no. Not valid. The whole point is that you have to give up your humanity and the benefits that come with it. If you can appear as human, you don't lose anything. That's what I'm saying.
Then just a river otter then. although, I'd have to figure out how to speak english, eh, I've seen a dog do it, wonder if an otter could produce human speech in english. communication would be my first problem, so river otter with human vocal cords(?)

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Soooo...

I can give up being human... to become... something that can turn into a human or anything else whenever it wants...

What a hard decision... >>

Now... let's say I couldn't be a god, shape shifter, etc...

Then this would be a much more difficult decision.

Edit: I might... I'm not sure what... but I might.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
If you can be a shapeshifter, you can be any other form. There is no reason NOT to say yes to this, is there?

And for the record, you can't be the T-Virus. Viruses aren't lifeforms, because they're not alive.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
wow, am i one of the few people who said no? ok, here's my arguement;

you take the option and become a robot, mutant, etc...you become inhuman. now what should happen if the public finds out about this? would you become a respected member in society recognized for taking a step in innovative science? no, you'd be shunned and cast out for being inhuman. you'd have to live every day of your existence realizing that you are not human, you will never be human, you will never be normal, you will never be like them, you will never be accepted as a human being, and you will never be loved as a human being. imagine being the worlds greatest test experiment, and never allowed to return to your normal life ever again. you will have no friends, no family, no love, ever.

am i being too harsh on your fantasies? probably. am i still right? absolutely

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
mega48man said:
You're right, and have some valid, however what about people who are already alienated, and sometimes sacrifices are needed. in my opinion, humanity, as in being of the human species, is overrated. this lands in philosophy territory though. I've studied animal and human behavior, and all mammal species exhibit all human behaviors to some degree, and vise-verse. I don't really see a different in consciousnesses, just DNA.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Given that you've allowed the "yes" option to still have everything our human body has (in your example you say you'd be a shapeshifter that can turn back into your human form anyway), who the hell would pick no? It's like asking "Would you rather be able to lift 20kg, or 200kg?". If I can lift 200 I'll still be able to lift 20.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Jerram Fahey said:
Given that you've allowed the "yes" option to still have everything our human body has (in your example you say you'd be a shapeshifter that can turn back into your human form anyway), who the hell would pick no? It's like asking "Would you rather be able to lift 20kg, or 200kg?". If I can lift 200 I'll still be able to lift 20.
Some people are afraid of or dislike the idea of being or being seen as inhuman or different.

Shanicus said:
But if humanoids are out of the question... then what about Dragons/Behemoths? Both are highly intelligent life forms, capable of human speech...
humanoids, dragons, and behemoths are all allowed.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
No.

Would probably cause some identity crisis and/or make me go insane.
Which incidentally I'm fairly sure would happen to the majority of people who altered their humanity like that. That popular shapeshifter option would play so much havoc with the brain.

lady man lady

Apr 1, 2011
this site is called the escapist, i could predict this poll before voting. also, i want nothing special, maybe a moose. few predators, easy access to food. i just don't want to work anymore, life is such a burden sometimes.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
CulixCupric said:
jboking said:
CulixCupric said:
jboking said:
COOOOOP-OOOOUT.
Then just a river otter then. although, I'd have to figure out how to speak english, eh, I've seen a dog do it, wonder if an otter could produce human speech in english. communication would be my first problem, so river otter with human vocal cords(?)
I think if you are trying to be legit, you'd have to enjoy being a river otter in all your river ottery goodness. Meaning, no human language. However, if you DID speak english, you would be praised as a god.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Captcha double-posted me.

[HEADING=1]Hello, my baby!
Hello, my honey!
Hello, my rag-time gal!
Send me a kiss by wire
Baby, ma heart's on fire!
If you refuse me
Honey, you'll lose me
Then you'll be left alone
Oh, baby, telephone
And tell me I'm your own![/HEADING]​

[small]If anyone wants to congratulate me on getting the "Landmark" badge, that would be cool too.[/small]