Poll: Glasses-wearing escapists! How do you adjust them when they start slipping?

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Always the bridge with any one of my fingers. I always feel like I look anime sexy when I do that for some reason. Reminds me of this.

Just realized how appropriate my avatar is for this thread.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pandalisk said:
Oddest Most awesome way to push up your glasses I've seen actually was this fellow i used to work with at a bakery. Generally he'd work with flour and such so he'd always push up his glasses with the inside of his wrist so as not to mess up his lenses, looked very strange badass.
I do that with my sunglasses, because it looks badass!

Does it because of his claw weapons.
I've just spent a good minute pushing my glasses up with my wrist, i keep smudging the glass and my nose gets in the way!

I'll never be cool!
BEND YOUR WRIST HARDER!

OT: Two fingers on the bridge, one hand on a lens rim if I'm feeling flashy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Pandalisk said:
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pandalisk said:
Oddest Most awesome way to push up your glasses I've seen actually was this fellow i used to work with at a bakery. Generally he'd work with flour and such so he'd always push up his glasses with the inside of his wrist so as not to mess up his lenses, looked very strange badass.

I've just spent a good minute pushing my glasses up with my wrist, i keep smudging the glass and my nose gets in the way!

I'll never be cool!
BEND YOUR WRIST HARDER!

HARDER! BEND IT HARDER, DAMMIT!

If you're not dedicated to the art of wrist-glasses-fixing, you don't DESERVE to be able to do it!

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
It's kind of funny when I think about it. I noticed that my dad used to always push up on the bridge with his middle finger, and I always wondered why he chose that specific finger, then about a year ago, when I got my glasses, I immediately picked up doing that, completely unintentionally. I never really use the bird for anything else like my dad does such as adjusting the radio in the car, I just do it solely with my glasses.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Well, I used to be a delivery driver, so I wore sunglasses for about 6 hour stretches. I used the left hand, pointer finger and pushed up on the bridge. Made the most sense to me.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pandalisk said:

I'll never be cool!
BEND YOUR WRIST HARDER!

If you're not dedicated to the art of wrist-glasses-fixing, you don't DESERVE to be able to do it!

At least i get to wear my hand as a charm necklace now, just like Jamie Lanister, he's cool right? right!?

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
I use the Opti Grab!

"Damn these glasses, son!"

"Yes, sir. I damn thee!"

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jTH89HjTA[/link]

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
I usually grab the left hinge with my right index finger, and the right hinge with my right thumb, pinch, and push up. I'm weird like that.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
I tap the right side of my glasses with the back of my index finger most of the time

Sometimes its just the finger, sometimes its a knuckle.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
My glasses don't slip all too often but when they do, I adjust them based on your "other" category. I use my left hand with the thumb on the upper, outer corner of the left lens and the middle finger on the upper, outer corner of the right lens. This allows me to push the glasses flush and snug against me face.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Mine don't really tend to slip down, but if they do I often use the power of my own face to shift them (ear-waggling and nose-scrunching), occasionally one hand in the corner however.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Pandalisk said:
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
lacktheknack said:
Pandalisk said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pandalisk said:

I'll never be cool!
BEND YOUR WRIST HARDER!

At least i get to wear my hand as a charm necklace now, just like Jamie Lanister, he's cool right? right!?
Yes, exactly. Plus, you've now mastered the movement required to push your glasses up with your wrist! Feels good, huh?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I generally do it most ways listed, but I mostly push up on the bridge.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Generally with my index finger, pushing the middle of my glasses up. It's simple and easy. I don't even think about it.

Sometimes if they're like skewed or something, I do that and then use one of my hands to grab the ear and push it further.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
I absolved my glasses into my face. Now, they never slip with the BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES DRIPPING FROM HANDS IN GLORIOUS COMBAT!

OT: I only really wear safety glasses when in the workshop, but I use my knuckles ;)

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I place the middle finger on my right hand on the bridge between the lenses and push them up. It's how I've always done it. I also find myself doing it occasionally when I'm not wearing my glasses, so it might not just be them falling off that triggers this sort of response, or something.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I do exactly what the OP does, just with the middle finger of my left hand.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
Right hand (which is weird because I'm left handed) with my thumb on the right lens frame (where the leg bends) middle finger on the left side. I gently squeeze, pull away from my face slightly, lift up half an inch or so, and push back so they're in place again. I essentially make a half circle and reset the glasses instead of just sliding them back up into place.

chellfreeman

Mar 28, 2013
Okay, I'm wearing contacts right now, and just the sight of the title caused me to make the usual movement.

I either grab the entire frame (I have little black square frames) with my first two fingers and pull them up that way, or I do the usual index-finger-to-the-bridge librarian thing.

I know a guy who just smudges his finger directly onto the lens to push them up, though.

Edited to add: And I use my left hand almost exclusively, probably so I can keep doing whatever I was doing before with my dominant right hand.

Zweiblumen

Mar 21, 2009
To be honest they slip seldom enough that I have taken no notice of how I readjust them. I honestly have no idea what I do, which I find quite strange now that this thread has made me think about it.