Poll: Glasses-wearing escapists! How do you adjust them when they start slipping?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I push up on the bridge. if they fee off center I adjust them from the sides (usually at the hinge). youre actually not supposed to put stress on the sides, so i try to stay away from touching them as much as possible

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I use my left index finger to push them back up with the bridge mostly. Sometimes, I shove them up with my whole hand with clothing over them if I'm in some rush or flustered.

Or to simply combat the problem for a day, I wear contacts.

Nothing Tra La La

Feb 10, 2010
I have a terrible habit of scrunching my nose up. If I feel like the lenses aren't high up enough, I'll scrunch up my nose which ups them a little. Except I do it ALL THE TIME. Even when I'm wearing contacts I find myself scrunching my nose constantly (which gets me a lot of weird looks). I'm like a dang bunny rabbit.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
For the most part, I push them up by the bridge, but occasionally adjust them by the frame or corner/hinge.

Why someone would push 'em up by the lens, I don't know.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Mr Fixit said:
SckizoBoy said:
Mr Fixit said:
Most times it's the index finger to the bridge, but I have very good control of the muscles around my nose & ears & I can reset my glasses without even touching them. Yes I am a freak & I'm proud of it.
High fivez!

When my specs had ear pieces, I'd do that too (use the fact that I can move my ears to pull on the ear pieces back up my nose). These days I can still do it, just not as well, because my glasses just clip to the sides of my head.
Sweet, that's gotta be some type of super power we have or something...
Add me to the list, though I also wiggle my nose for added effectiveness. I pull back on my glasses using my ears, then wiggle my nose left and right to allow the grips to slip up. If they are being especially tenacious that day I may also add in some cheek movement.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
xmbts said:
Index finger and thumb on the outside of the right lens. Unless I'm working or concentrating then it's a finger to the bridge.
:eek:

Now do you go with the tip of your finger, or the side? cause I always use the side of my finger to adjust my glasses for some reason... I think it's mostly because after years of playing guitar, the calluses on the tips of my fingers have built up to the point that I really can;t feel anything on them anymore... the same reason I can't use touch screens with my left hand...<.<

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Depends on where my hands are in relation to my head, what mood I'm in, and a million other random factors. I do it every way, though I use my index finger when I push up the bridge rather than the middle finger, unless I'm subtly giving someone the finger. Just looks clearer that I'm not trying to insult someone.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
deserteagleeye said:
Always the bridge with any one of my fingers. I always feel like I look anime sexy when I do that for some reason. Reminds me of this.

Just realized how appropriate my avatar is for this thread.
DAMMIT NINJA >_<
Your like naruto but more stealthy :p
Anyway yeah just like this guy except I can pull of the sexy look, here's a few gif's I've made of me doing it at different times of my life:
I dyed my hair green for fun-Aren't I sexy :D

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
Right hand, middle finger pushing the bridge, other fingers almost fully extended and kept apart. Used to be index finger, other fingers closed, but I purposefully changed it after seeing someone else do it that way and thinking they looked like an idiot. I chose the new way because of Vash the Stampede. Sci-Fi Western Jesus in a red coat. So much to teach us all...

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
I generally just push up on the bridge. Once, playing with my band, my glasses were sitting right at the end of my nose after a heavy part of the song, so I just used the head stock of my guitar to push them back up.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i used to do the one hand hinge thing but since getting big as hipster glasses i moved to doing that with the lens.
i believe i used to push them up the bridge but then i started watching anime and noticed how weird that looks

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I eventually stopped wearing glasses as I've come to like the built-in anti-aliasing of not wearing glasses.

But when I did wear glasses, I would both go for the two-finger pincer approach as well as the easily misunderstood one-finger-in-the-middle one.

Never two-handed, as that seems like a total waste of energy.

Karlaxx said:
(...) Sometimes I squeeze the nose pads (is that what they're called?) a little tighter because I blame them for all of my problems.
Aye, that's another bit I found to be important: Get proper nose pads. Semi-hard rubber easily is the proper way to go, as they are comfy and capable of preventing slippage in most situations.

Hey! Totally unrelated: There are free redemption codes for Horn to pick up over at IGN - I'm not entirely certain it qualifies as a game, but I'm very sure it looks even better than Infinity Blade did back in the day. Way better, actually.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
I mostly only do the bridge-finger move as a joke, to accentuate when I've said something excessively nerdy (especially in company that isn't particularly nerdy in and of itself). Generally, I put my right thumb under the right lens and my right index finger on top and then position my glasses as I like that way. Sometimes I squeeze the nose pads (is that what they're called?) a little tighter because I blame them for all of my problems.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I had lasik but now I wear blue ray cutting glasses.
And I push them up withophe hand onthe corner

Sirtety

Nov 29, 2011
I adjust with the middle finger and I know exactly why I do it.

Not that I was trying to emulate it, I just found myself doing it subconsciously and never stooped.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I just hit the top of my nose with the back of my thumb, quickest way
My glasses suck, too narrow, probably no longer accurate and i sat on them so they are crooked
The 'better' glasses i bought to replace them fell apart
A dozen times
I think i posted a pic of them once here asking how people clean yours

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I use my left hand to press the middle of the frame of my glasses to press them upward if they start slipping way to down my nose.

That's how I do it.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
Froggy Slayer said:
Bridge, using my index finger, in 3 situations.
1) When I've just finished saying something clever.
2) When I'm feeling shy.
3) When my glasses actually need adjusting.
I love to adjust my glasses to punctuate a point. Some times I take my glasses right off my face as I begin a sentence just to put them back on as I finish. C.S.I. style.

I voted for adjusting a single lens with a single hand. It just seems more natural; I can readjust my glasses without really obscuring my vision in any way. It seems much more natural and convenient to me, while at the same time it allows me to keep eye contact with someone I'm speaking to. Other methods I find break up eye contact, which I find important in a conversation.