Poll: Harry Potter, "You'll be missed?" or "Good Riddance"

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I got the "You'll be missed" feeling a few years back when I finished the last book.
I don't see the end of the movies as the real end. The real end was years ago, the movies are just extra material.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
JK Rowling has made so much money from the franchise we can be fairly certain she's not going to pull a George 'Franchisicide' Lucas and make a full expanded universe of it.

rutger5000 said:
I grew up with the books, knew and loved most of the characters so yeah I was somewhat sad that when I finished the final book. Luckily? the ending of the final book was so terrible that my love for the whole franchise decreased drastically, and I wasn't so sad it was over. I don't know if I would like the whole franchise now that I've grown up and I'll be able to read the bok more objectivly.
I never cared much about the movies, Perkamentes, the Weasles (except maybe Ginny) and several minor characters were played very well. But the rest of the acting just didn't cut it for me. Snape especially was a example of a perfectly good character, ruined by mediocore acting. Really a great actor might have been able to get an oscar playing a role like Snape. So no I'm not sad that no more movies will be made.
EDIT: I just remembered Hagrid. I loved Hagrid, I'm sad there won't be any more movies with him. Also it's kind of a downer that we probably won't hear much from the actor who played Ron. He was very good, but his looks don't fit many roles.
What are you on about? Have you ever seen Wild Target? As far as I'm aware, the guy who played Ron (Rupert Grint) has been in more thing than the others

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
I read the books, never got into the movies. As for the books, the story concluded satisfactorily. I won't miss a sequel, nor breathe a sigh of relief that there is none. Seven parts is enough, no?

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Neither really, never read any of the books and the movies were always good fun when i watched them, but i never became a Potter fanatic. So, yea

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Mostly I will miss Severus Snape as portrayed by Alan Rickman. All of his appearances were the highlights of the entire movies and he is one of my favorite movie characters of all time. So long Snape.

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
Like others, I missed it after I finished the last book. Every so often I wonder about an expanded universe, but I think most of the questions or issues I have are so minor that Rowling could have, and possibly has already, answered them in an interview somewhere and I'd be happy with that. Plus the ending was worthwhile enough that I don't think it needs to be milked. Things didn't finish out QUITE the way I expected, but it came close and I liked that.

All in all, though...it definitely doesn't need to be milked. People can speculate and fanrage or whatever all the want for all I care. It doesn't need anything else. We can only hope that everyone leaves it. Although I do fear that if anything, in about a decade, we'll get a prequel phenomenon like we did with Star Wars. Which....yeah. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Eh, I enjoyed the books and movies, but they're not my favorite thing ever, so like many others, my vote is neither. I won't even be likely to see the last movie until it's out on DVD because there aren't any movie theaters anywhere even remotely near me. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since Tron: Legacy, and that was during a vacation in Osaka.

(Seriously, for a country with such a strong cinematic industry and such an obsession with entertainment media in general, how can there be such a dearth of actual places to see movies?)

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't have any feelings one way or the other. I have read the books and the only film I haven't seen is the second part of the 7th film, but I never got really into the series to be quite honest with you. I would have stopped reading the books after the third one if I didn't keep getting the books as gifts from relatives, and I only watched the films when I got them cheap and that is because I thought Alan Rickman was great as Severus Snape. Most of the people that were upset that the series ended got upset 3-4 years ago.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Movie wise - Good effing riddance... as for the books, they will be missed here. =/

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
I haven't watched the 3 last movies, but I was happy when the book series ended since the quality really plummeted with the last 2 books in my opinion. The fifth book being so damn good also might have had something to do with my dissapointment, but that's just how I felt.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I haven't seen the last film yet but I know I'll miss it. You can't deny it was good. Seven+ books, eight films and god knows how much merchandise and it still has fans. I rest my case. Although it's popularity may be part of the problem. It's so popular that the franchise is going to keep going one way or another.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Mr.Numbers said:
And Dumbledore is gay? Really?
Whatever it takes to draw in the crowds, right?

Anyway, after the third film, the movies became a rather soulless production line assembly lacking any real creative spark. That and Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were becoming gawky teenagers which made it hard for me to look at them in their respective roles.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
new books would be pretty cool, but it sort of ended, so it would eighter have to be about harrys dad/mom or harrys kids.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Eh, whatever. I enjoyed the books, always got them on release day and finished them quickly. Didn't really care for the films.