Poll: Have another cup, you jittery junkie!

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Skeleon said:
Wow, seven cups?
I always considered myself a junkie yet I only consume one to three per day (mostly two).
That's on average, too. I have plenty of days where I go beyond that.

TheColdHeart said:
FanofDeath said:
TheColdHeart said:
Not a massive coffee drinker, I have tea all the time though. I mainly have coffee after a family meal when we use the cafetiere or if in town I'll maybe grab a coffee in starbucks or something. Worst of all, the 'coffee' from the vending machine at work if I'm too tired to concentrate, thats some awful stuff there.
The vending machine coffee varies between machines, I find.
Well the stuff we have can be categorized as "hot brown filthly water...with caffeine", I only drink it black too as the milk is this 99.9% fat free stuff which comes out like a white bubbly head and stinks. I wish we had the Nescafe machines back at least that was drinkable.
That sucks. When I worked for a school in Alma, QC, they had a van houtte coffee machine. Great stuff.

Kalezian said:
FanofDeath said:
As I sit down to browse these forums for entertainment,(A flame war here, a religious browbeating there) I always have a cup of coffee by me as a constant companion.

On average, I probably drink close to seven cups a day and I tend to brew my coffee quite strong because of my tolerance for the stuff that I have developed over years of faithful addiction. This probably came from the need to be awake for my economics class in the mornings of my Grade twelve. Oh, the money I've wasted on coffee over the years!

The question I pose to you, escapist, is how many cups you drink per day on average?

Also, as a follow up, how do you take your coffee?
6-9 cups, usually straight with one sugar packet, very rarely will I get creamer or liquid flavoring to go with it.

also, I dont drink it, I found it more effective just to inject it straight into my eyes, helps me go the 136 hour days I do.
That's gotta smart.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I usually have about 0.48 cups a day or so if I was to average it out over the week. I normally have about 4 cups a week I drink it to wake up on those early morning days.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Now I know I'm not fun but I don't actually drink coffee. So that made me vote 0-1. However I do drink quite a lot of coke. Generally 6-7 glasses when I can. And finally when I'm in England I generally have about 3 cups of tea (at least) since everywhere I go I'm offered one.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
notyouraveragejoe said:
Now I know I'm not fun but I don't actually drink coffee. So that made me vote 0-1. However I do drink quite a lot of coke. Generally 6-7 glasses when I can. And finally when I'm in England I generally have about 3 cups of tea (at least) since everywhere I go I'm offered one.
Ah, the hospitality is strong with your area. I find that places I go here offer me no refreshment. If your in my house, I'm sure to offer you whatever you drink to imbibe. I'm unsure what happened around here. I think it has to do with the temperament of the general population on southern ON.

TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
Aah, Zero. I'm a tea drinker. I tried black coffee once, it wasn't very plesant.
Acquired taste, yes. Except this one cafe in BC I visited once. It's black coffee was just plain delicious. I think they melted caramel in it.

dubious_wolf said:
I usually have about 0.48 cups a day or so if I was to average it out over the week. I normally have about 4 cups a week I drink it to wake up on those early morning days.
How early are you talking?

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
I drink about a cup a day at the office but hardly any on the weekends.

Edit: I'm drinking it right now :D

FranzTyphid

Apr 10, 2009
FanofDeath said:
fix-the-spade said:
I don't drink coffee, ever.

Although when I cycle I mix a can of Relentless into my camelback, people wonder why I get all happy on a bike...
Do you ever... hit anything?
god you should see me after 2 cans of monster i could rip apart a walrus

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I do enjoy my occasional cup of coffee however I dont have a habit of drinking it. I like my coffee black just like my metal.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Ciarang said:
I don't really like coffee, caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me.
Same with me. Except I hate coffee. A lot.

I think it taste gross.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
SmoothNRK said:
FanofDeath said:
fix-the-spade said:

Although when I cycle I mix a can of Relentless into my camelback, people wonder why I get all happy on a bike...
Haha I'd like to see that...just make sure the EPA doesn't find out :O

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
SmoothNRK said:
FanofDeath said:
fix-the-spade said:

I would love to. People on energy drinks do great things.

syndicated44 said:
I do enjoy my occasional cup of coffee however I dont have a habit of drinking it. I like my coffee black just like my metal.
Right on, friend. Have you heard any Absu?

flabslapper

Sep 24, 2009
I drink 1 small cup of black coffee every morning, if I drink anymore I get really nervous and edgy, but that doesn't stop me from maybe having an ice tea or some hot tea on the weekend if I'm bored, other wise, it's water, I never drink soda or energy drinks

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
I used to go through a whole shitload of coffee. Needed to scale back because of heart problems. Two weeks ago I went cold turkey.

Words of advice to caffeine addicts thinking about quitting. You're going to hate yourself, the world, and everything in it.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Sometimes I drink 3 cups in a day, but I try to keep it down to 2 or even just 1. I love coffee, but I'm drinking too much of it recently, and it's not healthy.

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
I don't drink much coffee, maybe four cups a week, but when I do I like it strong and black. Additionally I'm disappointed in my boss' coffee. He's a heavy drinker, at least two pots a day, but he brews it so weak it comes out looking heavy on creamers.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I have my coffee with 2 sugars, and nearly half a cup of milk. I call it cof-tea cause it looks like tea, but it tastes amazing, and the cold milk in it means I can practically down it :D

Also, I have only 1-2 cups a day, I'm not addicted, I just like the taste. I guess on topic I like coffee liquor and coffee flavoured chocolates :)

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Usually I drink 2 (large) cups of coffee per day. Sometimes I drink 3, and almost always when I have some kind of big school project going on I drink 4 or more.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
SaunaKalja said:
Usually I drink 2 (large) cups of coffee per day. Sometimes I drink 3, and almost always when I have some kind of big school project going on I drink 4 or more.
That reminds me of my sociology class project. Sixty pages of coffee fueled genius.

KaiRai said:
I have my coffee with 2 sugars, and nearly half a cup of milk. I call it cof-tea cause it looks like tea, but it tastes amazing, and the cold milk in it means I can practically down it :D

Also, I have only 1-2 cups a day, I'm not addicted, I just like the taste. I guess on topic I like coffee liquor and coffee flavoured chocolates :)
I may have to try it like that. It must have the consistency of hot chocolate. Try putting whiskey in the coffee. It's foul! >.<

SteveBurger said:
I love coffee, and would have more than 1-3 cups a day if I weren't simply too lazy to make some or go out and buy some.

I love it strong too. I drink it black usually, though sometimes with cream, if I'm in the mood for it.

This thread seems to have drifted into the topic of tea. On that topic, I hate tea of any kind.
Making some require - Wait, no, it is a bit of a bother, actually.