Poll: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the cinema?

Hunter Hyena

Dec 23, 2011
The only one I walked out of was Public Enemies. I just didn't like anything in it, and mainly went to see it because of a couple scenes filmed near where I live.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
No, I have never done that. It's expensive to go so I rarely do and when I do I usually enjoy the experience enough to stay. When I have even a sliver of doubt I wait for the DVD release.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
There hasn't been a point where I walked out on a movie and this is coming from a guy who sat through Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Although, after seeing Devastator's metallic buffalo shot, I really should have walked out sooner. -_-

These days, the reason behind my commitment is mostly because I've been cherry-picking what movies to watch in the theaters these days. Even with matinees, its too expensive to waste time and money on a bad movie. Unless its an epic train wreck you can watch with friends, get drunk, and poke fun at it. Otherwise, I either wait for DVD for movies I'm iffy about or don't bother with them at all. Plus, after enduring the mentally-insulting shit parade that was TF2, I never wanted to deal with another bad movie ever again.

And yet, I still went to go see Man of Steel in theaters. Go figure.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I'm going to assume it doesn't count if you later go back in, like say dealing with an unforseen fullness of the bladder, or if you really need to leave for time reasons, if neither of those count, then no, I've never walked out on a movie, I enjoy the whole cinema experience really, just the sitting with people you know (I went alone once, was nowhere near as good)watching a movie, there's something I like about it regardless of the quality of the film, so no, I never have walked out, having said that if I had paid to see Dragonball Evolution legally, I may well have done

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Almost did it with Bourne Legacy (my friends talked me into it and by God it was boooooooring!!!) with Spring Breakers coming as the second one (blew its load 15 minutes in and the rest was dull as dishwater). Other than those, I usually like the movies I go see in theaters enough to sit through them, even if I might not like them afterwards (looking at you, Iron Man 3). That's one good reason to look to critics on whether or not you want to see a movie: at least you'll know whether a movie is good enough to spend money on to watch.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Me and my dad had to exit Tower Heist prematurely for time reasons (the parking lot would've closed in ten minutes), though to be fair it's probably the worst film I've seen in a theatre. There was only one funny line in the entire film, and even that was only a creative translation (subs) of Eddie Murphy saying "What you lookin' at?"

Also, I can waste time but not money.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
It happened once - after Last Airbender. Basicly, I went away shortly before Fire Nation's fleet arrival. This movie was simply offensive for the viewer, esecially the one who saw the original series.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Yes and it was probably the best movie I've ever seen.
But after that scene in Schindler's List where the nazis slaughter everyone in the ghetto, I had to leave. It was really brutal and it really got to me; especially the fact that it really happened. I watched it on "video" later and took breaks.

The World Famous

Mar 1, 2010
I haven't walked out on a movie, I've stuck it through, even if it was horrible. Which, during Suckerpunch, I regretted. I've never had a movie make me physically feel pain but there it was.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Zontar said:
I walked out of "The Happening". The movie was just so pointless and boring, if I had wanted to waste 10$ on 2 hours of nothing I would have gone on a bus ride roundtrip. I left in the first 30 minutes so I got my money back.

Went to another movie that was screening that night instead. I'd already seen that movie to boot, but I had enjoyed it enough to watch it again instead of "The Happening".
Heh, i dind't walk out of "The nothing is Happening", but it was the first and only time sofar that i fell asleep while sittin' in the cinema.

Most boring movie ever.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Mersadeon said:
Wait, cinema tickets cost 20$ for you? Wow, I don't think I would be able to afford that every week!

Now, I have never walked out of a movie (also, why does my spellcheck always show "movie" as wrong?).

I've actually never seen a bad movie on the big screen. However, I rarely want to see something, so I am normally very sure something will fit my taste and be good before I go. When I'm not 100% sure I'll like it, I mostly just wait for it to either show up on DVD or a streaming service - or I wait for friends judgement.
It's 10$ each ( for me and my gf, i always pay) for a standard ticket. Add 2.50 to each ticket if it's in 3D . Add another 5$ if it's in downtown montreal . And another 5$ if it's in Imax or Ultra Avx (?). And that's without popcorn or drinks.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I've never walked out. I don't have the money to go every week - sometimes I'll go months without seeing anything. When I do go it's usually something I'm almost sure I'll like. I'm happy enough to risk watching a possibly bad movie if it's free (ie on TV or something) but it usually has to be truly horrendous for me to give up mid-way though.

The only one that I was really considering doing that to was Epic Movie (back when I was like 15 and actually thought it looked funny).

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I don't get to go to movies often, so when I do, I try to make sure it's a movie I know I'm going to like. So, no, I've never walked out on a movie because it was terrible. The closest instance would probably be that time I wanted to go see a special showing of that live-action Death Note movie with some friends, but I arrived at the theater later than the others and the movie was sold out by then, so I ended up buying a ticket for one of the Chronicles of Narnia movies instead (it was the next best thing showing at the time) and just sneaking out of that to see Death Note. It was quite the adventure.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure this topic was posted before, but for some reason it 403's me when I found it.

I walked out of 1 single movie in my whole life - some Norwegian kiddy movie about an old dude's grandson and an animate teddy bear using a chemistry set to shrink themselves down and enter granddad's intestines to dislodge a kidney stone. Can't remember why exactly I did walk out of it, and through the fire escape to the left instead of the cinema entrance on the right, no less.

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
Never. The Unborn was a close call though. God that was an abysmal movie. Lesbian Vampire Killers wasn't great either but I kinda guessed that before going in.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
I walked out of Epic Movie...but then again, I don't really count that abomination a "movie" to begin with.

Asides from that, I haven't. I usually check previews and reviews before going to any theater.