Poll: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the cinema?

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Yep. First one was Silent Hill, because it was atrocious. The second was Drag Me to Hell because of obnoxious audience members. Got my money back and watched at a friend's house a few months later (and thoroughly enjoyed it).

As a film major, I generally try not to walk out on a film, though. No matter how bad it is. Sometimes you get surprised later in the film (I saw a guy who walked out on Cabin in the Woods and basically missed the whole point of the damn movie), and sometimes you just see a bad film and chalk it up as something to avoid in the future. No harm, no foul.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Honestly don't know if this counts: I ran out of Jurassic Park III when I was a kid, because I was scared of the Raptors.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Twice now. First time was "You're Next" for being really... really... dull, and not cool.
Second time was Thor: The Dark World. Because it was pretty bad. It had the most boring, dull and useless villains i've just about ever seen. The one good move they made was ripping off the SW:Tor trailer, and even the big bad couldn't take on the queen, who isn't even a combat chick as far as i'm aware of, in one on one combat.

The villains are a joke. The heroes aren't much better.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I've never walked out on a movie before, unless you count walking out and getting a refund because the theaters sounds system made The Expendables 2 sound like a car crash when it wasn't supposed to.

That being said, I only ever go to movies that I feel are safe bets. I generally don't see remakes( looking at you Total Recall) and anything that looks like a Transformer movie.

Sep 14, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
I would have walked out of Easy A if I wasn't there on a date, she didn't seem to enjoy it either.

I walked out of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen before the climax to restore what little brain-cells were slaughtered in that movie, it was too long to begin with.
you know for over a year I've always wondered what your avatar was from,I thought to myself " a cat with wings? I wondered what bloody anime had that."

In the past few weeks I randomly tried watching fairy tail...and holy shit do I love it to bits, happy is fucking awesome to boot too.

(random thought, just complimenting you on your avatar)

OT:

I'm pretty easy going for movies, unless it is something I know FLAT OUT I won't like, then I just won't go see it unless a girl insists on going with me.

HOWEVER

the movie I've been closest to walking out on was

[HEADING=3]drive [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/][/HEADING]

This fucking movie was atrociously bad, and this is coming from someone who usually never picks at plot holes or gets annoyed over the small things, BUT HOLY FUCK. the movie became more and more of a train wreck as it went on, hell half the theater walked out before the movie was even 3/4 the way over, and by that point most people were laughing at how ridiculous the movie was, and just about everyone was joining in; we essentially turned the movie into a comedy at that point. Normally I like ryan gosling in his movies, but god damn his pausing and overall script in the movie was just awful, it bugged me every single second he was in a scene, I've never been so annoyed at a movie my whole life.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
No. I paid to see the movie and I'm going to get my money's worth. I hold the same mentality with bad games. I paid my money and I've put in too much time already. I'm going to see this to the end

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Never have, but I rarely go to the movies at all anyways.

I think the closest I could have come to doing so was last year's Riddick reboot. But that movie was just...mediocre. Still the worst film I've ever seen in a theater. I suppose I'm lucky in that regard.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I walked out of Marley & Me. It's not that I particularly disliked the movie, it's just that I started to tear up a bit too much during the final act. I'd like to say that it was just because I was younger, but in all honesty, it'd probably still happen if I were to watch it today.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I walked out of the Red Dawn remake. God damn, that's got to be one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I walked out on AVP: Requiem - not because it's a bad movie, I actually enjoyed it. But at the first showing I went to, there was this 12 yr old, brought by his parents that Would. Not. Shut. Up. After I walked out, i went to the ticket stand and gave the impression that I'd wear the kid's head as a hat. This garnered me a ticket for the next showing. So I had some food and waited at the theater for my movie. Gotta love parents that bring their kid to a hard R action/horror flick where a 10 yr old gets his chest bursted as well as an entire nursery of babies + not-yet-born triplets are eaten.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have never walked out of a movie because it is a hell of a lot of money to go and watch a film at the cinema, and I usually go with a group of friends or family, so even if the movie is terrible, the company I am in makes up for it.

klovervibe

Nov 30, 2011
I walked out of Tokyo Drift because my friend wanted to, but I didn't and watched the whole thing later. I also walked out of that Robin Williams runs for president movie ("Head of State"?) with a friend; do NOT regret that one.

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
The only time I've ever walked out of a movie was when I went to see Pirates of The Caribbean 3. Not really because I thought it was bad, but because of a scene later in the movie.

Basically ol' octo-face stuffs his tentacles in a guy's mouth. Back then the internet hadn't desenitized me to body horror, so I left the theater just because of the "squick" factor.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Walked out of spring breakers, it was narcissistic drivel and we had only gone in because my brother had wanted to check something, once that was done we could leave, thankfully.

UPISTRVIMYD

Dec 20, 2013
00slash00 said:
No. I paid to see the movie and I'm going to get my money's worth. I hold the same mentality with bad games. I paid my money and I've put in too much time already. I'm going to see this to the end
Seems like you've fallen victim to the old Sunk-Cost Fallacy:

http://www.skepdic.com/sunkcost.html

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
JasonBurnout16 said:
The only one I walked out of was Stardust. My friends convinced me to go to the cinema to see Saw or some Horror Movie even though we weren't 18, certain that we'd get in. Anyway we turn up and, true to my belief, we get ID'd. Only movie we can see is Stardust (LOL) so we end up walking out of the half an hour in.

I usually have studied a film enough before hand to know if I'm going to like it going in though.
Stardust is awesome.

Nah. I've never walked out of anything.
I've got a high tolerance for movies I don't care about. Worst case scenario I fall asleep.
Like Tomb Raider. I've tried watching that movie like 5x. Fallen asleep every single time. Even bad "horror" movies aren't that boring.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
The Prince of Persia movie. Why the fuck did they make the characters into wisecracking american arseholes? What was the plot doing? Why was there like, 1 minute of parkoury goodness to every hour of boring crap?

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
I've never walked out of a movie theater, mostly because I've always gone with my family or a friend. They generally have good taste in movies, so I've never felt the need. If I was with someone in the theater I wouldn't leave unless they did. If i was by myself, I'd only leave if there was an emergency of some kind. I can get bored, disgusted, offended, but rarely am I *so* mad at something that I'd just leave.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I see so few movies at the theater that I've never had to do that. I do a lot of research before I go, so I rarely see movies that I don't think I'll like.
Also I have a fairly high tolerance for shit. I mean, I sat through Silent Hill 2 without throwing anything at the screen, so...

someonehairy-ish said:
The Prince of Persia movie. Why the fuck did they make the characters into wisecracking american arseholes? What was the plot doing? Why was there like, 1 minute of parkoury goodness to every hour of boring crap?
Oh wait.

Yeah, I was livid while watching this movie. I still didn't walk out, because I wanted to see just how much they'd fuck up the best story in the history of fiction. Turns out the answer is EVERYTHING.