Poll: Heterochromia

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I thoughts my little brother had it. He had mostly blue eyes and it looked like he had a bit of green. I kinda forgot about it though

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
My left iris is predominantly blue with a tiny bit of green and is noticeably darker round the pupil, whilst my right eye is predominantly green with bits of hazel and blue, no central heterochromia.

selce

Nov 27, 2007
Cant say i have it, but both my siblings do. Starts out a green in the center and turns more blue the farther out it gets...mine on the other hand are about as dark brown as you can get before becoming black.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Some sort of green/brown/hazel amalgam, though goes anywhere from yellow to grey depending on the light (that freaked out my optometrist on my last checkup).

Then again, I'm also skewbald and have a large facial birthmark, so I guess I'm just biologically crap at coordinating.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
I have it ever so slightly, with green in the centre and a very dark brown at the edges.

Someone I know has it really noticably, her eyes are almost yellow around the iris and green around the edges. It's awesome in a weird way.

thegermanguy

Jul 17, 2009
cool, i knew this existed but had no name for it. you never stop learning...
eye color is an interesting topic. i wonder how this heterochromia evolved. hm...

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Yep, my eyes go from Brown in the middle, to Green, to Blue on the outside. But recently I have found that the Green is starting to fade to blue (yes my eye colour does slightly change over time fro some reason, not sure if it has a proper name).

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
If I'm not mistaken, there's more than one cause of that, and the most common cause is chimerism, which has a higher chance among the Latino population. I know a guy who has a brown eye, and his other eye is pink where the normal color should be. He has the whites like normal, but the color is pink. It kind of freaks people out.

As for me, my left eye actually picks up more light than my right eye. Sometimes one of my pupils will dilate more than the other. It can get annoying at times.
Whatever the cause may be, it's my opinion that it is awesome.

Tell the guy you know that he is, in fact, awesome.

cannacoop

Dec 28, 2011
I guess I must have inversed heterochromia of some sort as my eyes look like this:

http://scientopia.org/blogs/scicurious/files/2011/05/800px-Eye_iris.jpg

It's a kinda gray- blue, but there's a yellow ring around most of the eye and it's darker around the edge and the pupil, so a lot of the time my eyes look greenish.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I have dark brown around my pupil, then mostly green, with a little blue towards the edge. My mate swears the colours change too, though I think that may be more just the lighting and surrounding colours, but it'd be cool if it did.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Yeah, but only slightly. I have blue eyes with some hazel or brown or something near the pupils, as you can see in this revolting close-up, but it's not really visible unless I'm standing in bright light.

Which I avoid doing anyway, since my eyes are so sensitive to light.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
i dont have central hetrochromia but i do however have hetrochromia, my left eye is blue and might right green.