Poll: High School was...

thatgeekbronnie

Sep 13, 2011
jack the werewolf said:
it was the the best time of my life geting the shit kicked out of me yelled at and no one cared to boot

great
Ditto. It was a pretty shit experience, just driving by my High School makes me shudder.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Pretty fun. Very little responsibilities. Hard work actually paid off. Got to play Football, Baseball, Drama Club, and 'History Club'. Actually had time for hobbies. Sure there were some rough parts mostly involving girls/heartbreak/the struggle to find your identity/anything with math.

I'd say 9 out of 10 memories being positive.

College was sooo much better though for me. I fit in a lot easier in college. (My school had about 10-20 people in each grade)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The greatest preparation for the real world Ive ever had and I can honestly say Id be incomplete without if I had jus taken the classes at home or online.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Gaiseric said:
It was alright.

If I knew what I know now I think I could have had a much better time if I had actually applied myself and not been lazy with my school work and I would have tried for the football team. Basically I should have been more outgoing and disciplined. I spent my time not studying, procrastinating, not talking to people I didn't already know if it was at all avoidable(very shy), and being lazy at home.

edit: Didn't have loads of friends, but my little circle was solid and made High School much better.
ha, thats me pretty much me

but yeah, if only I had studyed the problem was in my first year there...I had one chance and one chance only to go for the "univeristy subjects" to get that score..here we call it the "TEE" at the time though..I think its all changed now

anyway through my own fault and some other factors (imganine going to a small school where you knew everyone..and have hardly ever had to deal with people you didnt know, to a school with 900+ students..all girls and they also took their shit seriously) I completley bombed

which put me in a downer for the rest of my highschool..I got the attitude "well thats it...nothing I do now matters so why bother? Im just a dumbass" I always did wonder if I really could have done well at school, if only I passed those exams or had a second chance

but I supose It doesnt matter now...if I did mabye I would be studying...but I wouldnt have money like I do now though :p

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
It had its high moments but in general I don't miss it at all. I didn't lack for friends or anything but High School is just so retarded. It was much better to enter the real world after it.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
On a scale of 1 to 10; about a 5. My jounior high years were great, but it slowly started to progress into "meh" for the last 3. Hopefully by the end of this year I can change that 5 to at least a 7 or something.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
High school was a joke.

Classes were a cake walk (except physics...), your peers are generally complete idiots ("OMG so and so got SO smashed last night!"), and the staff instills the ever so lovely propaganda that if you aren't actively seeking college afterwards, you will fail at life.

The only good thing that came out of high school was a few buddies, and you get to see just how out of touch the college scene is with how education should be done by comparison.

For clarification on that last bit, let's just say I wasn't able to google the answers to my fucking math test in High School... at least they tried.

Edit: Okay... maybe I was too quick to judge. After thinking of a few things I did experience, High school wasn't that bad. Had a few good teachers that made it enjoyable.

Whalebranch

Nov 21, 2011
Well my High school experience is... in progress. But so far so good ;)

Polarity27 said:
Godawful in nearly every conceivable way. I was large, disabled, and started puberty at nine and had C-cup bras by age eleven. In an itty-bitty rural HS in the 1980s. I didn't have a chance.
o.o

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
It was fine generally. My only problem was that I was too much of a loner and didn't really socialize much or get into clubs.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Still in high school, it really sucks. Go to school, learn literally nothing all day, come home and do things that will actually get me a career that I want at some point. I learn more about math making games then I do in math class... and that says something.

Edit: Not having any problems with bullying so far...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
How do you rate a vacation where you discovered three new activities you love but got food poisoning from the hotel's buffet?

I made friends in high school who are almost as dear to me as family; I also had to deal with people in high school I would be hard pressed not to deck if I ever saw them in person again, which I have no intention of doing (see them in person, that is- on the punching I'll continue to reserve the option.) I went to the most open, liberating, and intelligent high schools in my city, but I was so relieved to not have to deal with the attitudes and people pervasive in my state that I didn't fully understand that relief until I was long gone. I made rooms full of people listen to me with attention and respect, and I also once got taken away from the school grounds in an ambulance.

What I'm trying to say here, in case it wasn't clear, is that I have a hard time reducing the experience to a number of stars.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Great TV was still on
Awesome Music came out during those years
Had A group (The Crew) of friends
Went on school trips
Had a few GF's
Parties
Played Football for 2 years
Made good to above average grades
Took summer courses so Senior Year I left school around 11:30 almost everyday
Won Awards
Won Scholarships

Ya know, It's true what they say. You don't realize how great High school (Or youth in general) was till you look back. If I could go back. (2001-2005 High School) WITH ALL I KNOW NOW... I'd do it.

But If I had to go back to High School as a teen now, in 2011 High School oh Hell NO.
I love to think of the past from time to time but I'm good where I am now.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Considering I was borderline suicidal which was brought on by intense depression, the result of being teased, mocked and generally treated like shit for 4 years straight I'd say highschool could have been better.

But hey don't let me ruin all the fond memories of everyone elses highschool time.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Freshmen year: Boring and shitty
Sophomore year: Decent
Junior year: Best year ever. It literally defined high school for me.
Senior year: Chill.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
Spartan1362 said:
7-10 = Hell
11-12 = Alright

Christian schools are hell.
At least, mine was.
This. I was both lucky and unlucky at mine though. Lucky because I am an athletic dude and that is one way to at least make the time pass quickly and guarantee that people respect you, particularly if you were halfway decent. I was unlucky in that I was the "poor kid" at my school. Understand that my parents do VERY well for themselves, Mom teaches and Dad is an IT guy that makes a considerable sum per year. But one of my classmates got a brand new chevy silverado for his 16th birthday, didn't like it, traded it in and got a VW Toureg, didn't like it and then settled on a lightly used ford f-150. This was the norm for the school. I would never EVER go back.

People who say that highschool was the best time of your life seriously need to get out more.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I would rather die than go back to that hellhole. I'm not even exaggerating or joking I was miserable.

People try to add me on facebook that made my life hell for 5 or 6 years. Yeah you are part of the reason I have PTSD and anxiety disorder of course I want to be friends with you. >_>

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Eh it was better than school had been 2 years prior. Last year and a half were pretty sweet.