Poll: How do you feel about interracial marriages?

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Life's too short for hate and discrimination. If two people truly love each other and want to be together, then there shouldn't be any reason why they can't be together.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
I'm not against them, however..

Two of my cousins are married to black men and my uncle has had a shit fit about it from day 1 in both cases. He hates the husbands, has little to do with my cousins and treats their children like shit.

His reason? "(black people) are worthless. They'd rather steal from/rape/murder white people than to look at them. You can do better."

Unfortunately, one of the husbands really is worthless. Of the ~15 years he and my cousin have been married, he's spent ~6 of them in prison and he's been in city and county jails regularly. He uses and sells hard drugs. He's emotionally and physically abusive to my cousin and their kids. He has cheated on my cousin more times that I can remember. He's just an incredibly scummy individual.

My uncle, of course, takes this as proof of his belief. He can only do this because he disregards the fact that my other cousin is very happily married to a truly great guy who helps provide for his family and would do anything for my cousin or the kids (half of whom aren't even his biologically). My uncle says that he just hasn't shown his true colors yet. He's freaking 40+ years old. If he hasn't "shown them" by now, then what you're seeing probably ARE his true colors, asshat.

senordesol

Oct 12, 2009
It saddens me that it even has to be a question. I'm a mix of three different continents; I wouldn't even be here were it not for interracial marriage. It baffles me how anyone even Southerners can have an intrinsic problem with interracial marriage simply because two people's ancestry originated in different places.

I COULD see, however, having issues with inter-cultural marriage -specifically cultures that have a habit of mistreating or demeaning one of the members in the union. But even that is case-by-case.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Marriage, nothing.
A woman having sex with a guy from another race because hes better at sex because of his race, that kinda grinds my gears.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
McMarbles said:
GrandmaFunk said:
McMarbles said:
Interracial? What, like, Human/Klingon?

Because I'm pretty sure we only have one race on the planet.
Then you need to open a biology book.
I have, but mine was written AFTER 1950.
did it not cover the fact that humans are one of several million species on this planet, and that those species were further divided into billions of races?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm totally for it.

Granted, that could be because I am very attracted to men not of my race. In fact, it wasn't until high school that I started finding men of my race aesthetically pleasing. Before that, nothing.

And even now, I'm pretty sure I still find more men that aren't my race more attractive than those that are.

But in spite of my bias, I don't see a reason why not. In fact, it pissed me off once when my mother--who said this to all my siblings--pretty much told me that we could date whatever race we wished but that she wants us to marry inside our race. I blurted out that I might as well not get married then which made stuff awkward for a moment.

We're better now. Mostly I think all the men she had long relationships with were in our race and all basically... weren't worthy. Don't believe she'd really do it but it won't bother her anymore.

But yeah... there's no reason to be against it at all to me. I don't understand why people would.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This really should not be an issue.

Well, unless you are frightened into staying with your own skin colour to avoid roaming neo-Nazis or whatever, which could well be a factor.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
The only issue I can see with this is if there are also cultural differences that accompany it, but that doesn't necessarily have to go hand in hand with skin colour, so no, I have no issue with interracial marriages. Race shouldn't be a factor in marriage.

jizzytissue

Feb 16, 2012
if they love each other then all power to them race doesn't matter only a racist can say something is wrong with interracial marriages. now que racist BAWING in 5..4..3..2..1

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
So long as it's two human beings, who are not related, and are of a legal age too marry... why do we need to stand in the way of love?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Consider the fact that most of my uncles had married British women (while our ethnic background is Chinese however me and my uncles are British born Chinese), I perfectly fine with it seeing how their children (my cousins) are alright and I favour one of my aunts in laws.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Poll needs a "I don't care. Fuck whomever you want." option.
I guess "I'm all for them" is the closest.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I would not exist if interracial marriages was not allowed. I guess I have no choice but to be for it.