Poll: How do you feel about interracial marriages?

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I am a product of interracial marriage. Frankly I don't see why it would be deemed wrong. If anything, it can help unite people and destroy stereotypes and ignorance of other cultures.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
McMarbles said:
Interracial? What, like, Human/Klingon?

Because I'm pretty sure we only have one race on the planet.
Humans and Klingons are different species.
There's no such thing as "the human race" the category "human" is a species. A species may contain several races.

Now, I like racism just as little as the next guy, but:
"In biology, races are distinct genetically divergent populations within the same species with relatively small morphological and genetic differences."
-wikipedia
It's pretty clear that different human races exist.

Of course, I suppose there are all sorts of definitions of race you can start referring to if you want to be pedantic.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I'm personally pretty okay with any people who truly care about each other getting married. Race, gender, social status, hair color, none of that should matter but Twue Wuv.[footnote]Yes, I'm a sap. What of it?[/footnote]

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
I don't see how this could be an issue. there isn't reason why two people with different skin colour shouldn't date.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Personally, dont care who people date, sleep with or marry, as long as both are happy.
So i have nothing against interracial or same sex marriage and frankly i dont know why people who arent involved care so much about them.
Or trying to get them banned on some flimsy basis.
Mind you, i dont see why been offended actually means anything...

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Wow, some people have actually voted that they are against it.
I might just fucking give up with off topic discussion, I honestly don't enjoy so much of the stuff I see here.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Yea. I hate to say I'm not surprised. I think where you are has something to do with it. Not to be stereotypical or anything, but the more southern states seem to be slower to catch up on the whole common sense > racism thing than say the north or even the west of the country. maybe this is because things like racism were more prevalent there, making the societal change a more drastic one than other places. But I definitely don't have a problem with it. I could care less really. "Oh you're getting married? Oh, he's black? Who gives a shit?"

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
SycoMantis91 said:
Yea. I hate to say I'm not surprised. I think where you are has something to do with it. Not to be stereotypical or anything, but the more southern states seem to be slower to catch up on the whole common sense > racism thing than say the north or even the west of the country. maybe this is because things like racism were more prevalent there, making the societal change a more drastic one than other places. But I definitely don't have a problem with it. I could care less really. "Oh you're getting married? Oh, he's black? Who gives a shit?"
I don't know too much about the states since I'm in the UK, but a bad thing being prevalent in a past society where you live isn't really an excuse for staying in a society of ignorance :/ But i guess that's how it works for a lot of people.

Also:
I could care less really
I'm going to tell you now that it should be "I couldn't care less really", not to be a grammar nazi or anything like that because that's not what I do, but you will be hung drawn and quartered on these forums for saying "I could care less", just a warning, because there ARE some serious nuts about that sort of thing round here :p

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Midgeamoo said:
SycoMantis91 said:
I don't know too much about the states since I'm in the UK, but a bad thing being prevalent in a past society where you live isn't really an excuse for staying in a society of ignorance :/ But i guess that's how it works for a lot of people.

Also:
I could care less really
I'm going to tell you now that it should be "I couldn't care less really", not to be a grammar nazi or anything like that because that's not what I do, but you will be hung drawn and quartered on these forums for saying "I could care less", just a warning, because there ARE some serious nuts about that sort of thing round here :p
Yea, I know that's improper grammatically. For some reason, it's so common over here though it gets hard to break out of. I'm usually borderline nazi-ish myself, though I tend to withdraw from that a little over the internet. But yea, I'm not really making an excuse. More of an estimation as to what makes it more difficult for the general populous to be more accepting in that area.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I think "I'm all for them" is worded a bit badly as it makes it seem like the person prefers interracial marriage to non-interracial marriage, which may not be true for all people who have no problems with it.

But anyway, there's no sensible reason whatsoever to not like/allow it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Do whatever you want. Knock yourself out.
Also, 3 Captchas in a row? Really?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i feel the same about interracial marriage as i do about gay marriage.

good luck, and have a long happy life together

it honestly baffles me that anybody would be against some one else being happy with some one they care about

3 legged goat

Feb 28, 2010
I am truly surprised at the news poll's results. 50% said that they are against it? Really? What is wrong with interracial marriage? It is just two people who love each other. That is it. End of story. The amount of racism that still goes on in America sickens me to no end.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I don't really get how people can be against it in this day and age.

Well, actually I do. I just don't really consider those kinds of people to be...well, people.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Definitely, for me I know that not accepting them would leave me alone. I find that only Asians catch my interest, don't know why they just do.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Personally, I don't care. It gives me hope to know that there are some people who got past the whole skin color thing to get to know each other.

And I thought we all agreed that most of the South was the part where common sense went to die. >.> Seriously. Although, I find a lot of Yankees have similar loss of common sense...

But, I know reasons why someone wouldn't like it. I think they're all stupid and borderline racist, but I've heard them.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
Blobpie said:
My parents are an interracial couple, so guess which option i chose.
It heavily depends on how well you turned out...

(I'm only kidding, of course.)

Where we live, at this point we are almost all the product of people from two different ethnic backgrounds coming together, whether some of us will admit it or not. I support it from a biological and a sociological viewpoint. Not only are we helping to single out and remove bad genes, but we're finally acknowledging the fact we are in fact only very short branches of the only race that we should be concerned of when it comes to marriage, and that would be the HUMAN race.

(Just wait until someone 1,000 years in the future digs up this comment and considers me a racist for not considering human x martian relationships...)