Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Unhappy might not be the right word for it, but i am very bored with being single. I'm very ready for someone new in my life, I've been single for a long time & I'm ready to move on. My only problem seems to be finding a woman that likes to do the same things as me, they are a rare thing in the area where i live.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
I'm fairly happy right now. I get some feelings of utter loneliness every now and again, but nothing paralyzing. I'm totally open to a relationship but it's not my first priority right now.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
While I'd love to get into a proper relationship, I kind of enjoy being single right now. I've started getting far more female attention than I'm used to, meaning I have all the time in the world to actually find a girl I like, rather than just a girl that would want me. There are quite a few women in the latter category, but currently none in the former.

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Meh, can't complain.
I don't have to reply to SMS messages at ungodly hours of the night.
I don't have to set aside time to go to parties/clubs/restaurants/movies etc.
I don't have to go into women's clothing stores.
I get to keep more of my money.
I can do what I want without being interrupted (mostly).

That said, I can't shake the feeling that I may be missing out on something ...

My response to all of those except the last one is thus: You need to get into better relationships. For the last one you're honestly not missing out on anything you could gain by having good friends.

I'm happily single, my last relationship ended almost a year ago after 6 years of being together and I'm perfectly contented to be single. i have good friends and that's all I need.

I do think those who feel they *need* to be in relationships may want to try and think about why they feel unfulfilled if they're single tho.

Recaptcha "excuted and iewnerl" wtf 0.o

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Meh, can't complain.
I don't have to reply to SMS messages at ungodly hours of the night.
I don't have to set aside time to go to parties/clubs/restaurants/movies etc.
I don't have to go into women's clothing stores.
I get to keep more of my money.
I can do what I want without being interrupted (mostly).

That said, I can't shake the feeling that I may be missing out on something ...
I hope you realise this is quote bait.

Anyway, onward.

If you are with a girl/boy long enough to move in with them, you don't get text messages in the middle of the night, instead you get breakfast in bed some times.

You don't need to set aside time to do anything, you just make sure you think about someone else before making plans. (It takes a little while but it's worth learning how to do).

You don't have to go into women's clothing stores. I've been clothes shopping about 3 times ever with my girlfriend of 3 years. That's annually. I even got shit I wanted/needed each time, and we went looking through underwear shops for sexy stuff. It wasn't a negative experience.

My girlfriend makes more money than me, so this doesn't apply really, if I were single I'd live in a share house with about 7 sweaty dudes. So this one doesn't really apply to me.

I don't even understand the interruption one. I mean, the only time this would crop up is when I want to play Xbox but she's already on it. Not really a big deal, I read or go down to the basketball court or play with the cat.

Anyway, not that you need to be in a relationship, it's really awesome if you're happy and don't feel upset about being single, that's healthy. Just don't shy away from being in a relationship if you meet a cool chick/dude.

Vault101 said:
I dont like the OP's thing where he is essentially saying that single people arnt really happy

I AM

I like to be able to do my own thing and not worry about somone else, I mean mostof the stuff i Like to do is solitary, also romantic crap pisses me off to no end (what is it with holding hands? its stuoid and awkward and makes you look stupid in public)

though there are times I wish I could make that kind of conection with somone..but I wonder if thats what I really want, its not somthing Im worred or freaking out over, I'm fine right now

[sub] though this sex drive thing is getting hard to ignore [/sub]
Look into prostitution. Assuming you're straight; male prostitutes tend to be quite cheap.

Also, as a female it's easy to get casual sex.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
I can't stand people. They need too much attention. I love being by myself and I hate it when people interrupt me from what I'm doing. Someone that needs as much space as I do couldn't tolerate having someone around 24/7. I've even turned down offers from my best friends to become roommates because I know they'll eventually drive me mad. Not because of who they are but because of me. I need to be alone and am quite happy when I am.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
I'm fairly sure that I'm far happier single than I'd ever be in a relationship.

Jacco said:
And if one was truly happy being single, then why would they ever say yes to a date?
Personal anecdote: I've been asked a fair few times, and I've never once said yes to a date.

For the vast majority of people(those who would sometimes say yes): If someone wants something, they're not necessarily unhappy without it, they would just be happier if they had it. This could very well mean going from happy to ecstatic, it really depends on the person.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TopazFusion said:
StBishop said:
I hope you realise this is quote bait.
I thought that might happen (being on page 1, and all).

[snip]

Thanks for the encouraging words.
I'm not deliberately avoiding a relationship, it's just I've had experience with a whiny/clingy personality before (was not good).
Still, it's a learning experience.

I guess I can say, I haven't found that special someone yet.
No problem.
I totally understand I've had a shitty relationship like that in the past, and for a while I was all against relationships, in fact when my current girlfriend and I started seeing each other I was very clear that we weren't dating and that we weren't in a serious relationship, even to the point of offending her accidentally (I was very stupid and self centred, I'm working on that).

I can say though, it's better to take that, learn and move forward and be happy on your own. One of my mates fell out of a relationship and was a mess until he met a girl and got her pregnant and he seems happy, I'm not certain he is deep down, but he seems to be so what ever.

All I'm saying is it's better to be sceptical and take your time than to feel you're missing out and rush into something you may come to regret.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Taken and happy.

I was also happy when I was single, too, but this relationship is very nice as I've been with him a looong time (with a small hiccup).

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
I'm in a relationship now, and to be honest, it's not all that great. I usually am much happier being single, ah well.

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Happy? No, not particularly.

Content? Yes.

I'd very much like a relationship with someone but I simply haven't found a lady who I'm attracted to, both physically and psychologically, who isn't already in a relationship or has interest in me.

I'm fine on my own though. It doesn't particularly bother me, and I understand that love cannot be rushed.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm the most miserable I've ever been in my life. Being single is a part of it, but not all of it.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Wouldn't say I was happy being, or about being single, sooooo over that, but on the other hand, having been screwed over so comprehensively just over a year ago, I'd rather be single than in a bad relationship.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Maxi Parejas said:
I'm in a relationship now, and to be honest, it's not all that great. I usually am much happier being single, ah well.
Why don't you break up then? You're not doing anyone any favours by staying with someone you don't really want to be with.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I'm single and okay with that. I would not mind to be in a relationship (and would definitely enjoy it), but I'm content to stay where I am for now.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I've been just fine alone. sure it sucks when i think about the few people i could have had, but i'm not miserable all the time like some suckers i know.

Romance is usually a secondary objective to me.

johnboy424

Apr 25, 2011
I started dating my current girlfriend about 3 months ago, but we were close friends before that, and I wanted to date her for a while. We haven't been together very long, but we're both very happy and I'd like for this to last. When I was single I was pretty happy too, but I'd say that being in a relationship has made me happier overall.