Poll: How happy (or unhappy) are you with your relationship status?

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
I'm single, i've been single for a while, and i'm not overly worried about throwing myself into a relationship when i've got better things to worry about.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Single and happy. I am enjoying having no one telling me I can't drink to excess or smoke.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I think sometimes I might be happier being single, but then I realize that the fantasy isn't the reality, and I'm not getting younger, I'm not wanting to go out looking and not finding something that would work near as well as what I have now. No relationships are perfect, and if this one ends, it won't be because I didn't fight for it. But there are days where I do feel like going out for smokes and just keep on going. But I also realize that everyone in any relationship feels like that at some point, more than once.
I also spent a long time being single, by choice, and wasn't always happy with it. Sleep with someone (not sex dumbass) for a year, someone you care about then try sleeping alone. Its not easy. I was separated (not by choice, but circumstance) from my fiance' for over a period of 2 years and I didnt' sleep well at all until I was back in the same bed with her.
Of course, if you don't like your s/o, you might want to think about changing that fact one way or the other because its just not worth being in a relationship for the sake of being in one. Your happiness counts most.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I find myself grimly amused by the results of the poll.

camokkid

Aug 13, 2009
Mr Montmorency said:
Single, Unhappy.

Perma-virginity, autism, social ineptitude, personal hygiene issues, lack of interests, bad conversation skills. All that fun stuff!
That would almost exactly decribe me if you replaced Autism with Asperger's syndrome.

phimax100

Feb 8, 2010
Single, but trying to get a girlfriend. Hopefully things work out for me.

On a sidenote, that's a beautiful bell-curve our stats have made.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I'm single and quite satisfied with not having something attached to me that drains my bank account. To clarify, I don't think all women are gold diggers, but being in a relationship will always cost money (usually on both sides) and I'm not willing to shell out that much money for the incredibly slight chance I'll get to have sex.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Not in a relationship but I would love to be although being gay and 14 I don't know anyone else who's gay/bi/a that i'd go out with as there's only one person I know who is gay, not a relative & single and he wasn't interested in me, so single & unhappy.

Warwelde

Jun 6, 2009
Single, very happy.
I got my PC, my PS3, my bed and good games. I don't feel like I need a relationship right now. Also, I'm 14, so chances are if I started going out with anyone, we would just break up after half a year. Don't really need that right now..

JBojangles

Feb 13, 2010
Single and very happy. Seriously, relationships suck; I've gone to the school of hooking up and never calling them back. Does that make me a bad person? Naaaaaaah.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I'm single and I don't mind being single but if I see an opportunity I would probably go for it.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Mr Montmorency said:
Single, Unhappy.

Perma-virginity, autism, social ineptitude, personal hygiene issues, lack of interests, bad conversation skills. All that fun stuff!
Holy crap, we're similar in nearly every way, minus the autism.

*topic* Single and meh. I'm curious as to why people like to stick their necks out to ascertain a relationship just to get beheaded. Besides sex and companionship, is there anything else?

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Single, and happy as can freakin' be. I've got no strings attached and can do whatever I want with my day.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
Kevlar Eater said:
Mr Montmorency said:
Single, Unhappy.

Holy crap, we're similar in nearly every way, minus the autism.

*topic* Single and meh. I'm curious as to why people like to stick their necks out to ascertain a relationship just to get beheaded. Besides sex and companionship, is there anything else?
You really can't understand the point of a relationship until you're in one. Then it all makes sense. That sounds like a lame-o response, but it's the honest to God truth.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I'm not gonna go around slashing any part of my anatomy over my singlehood, but I guess it would be nice to have a relationship. [sub]GOD I'M SO LONELY[/sub]

Nov 28, 2010
I'm single and rather 'meh' about it. To be honest, I'm not expecting something all that serious, I'm still young, but I'd like to be in one anyway for the experience and on the off chance that I'll find something meaningful.

What really pisses me off is that although so many of you guys are 'single and looking' there's apparently nobody in my area. Not a single gamer guy who knows about anything beyond COD or Halo :c

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Single and meh. This girl and I really, really like each other, but there is a severe complication that puts a bullet in my plan to ask her out and now I don't know what's going to happen.

So yeah, anyone in the unlikely chance of sharing my unspecified pain, I share your woes.