Poll: How many relationships have you been in?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I've had zero, because I can't find anyone with enough incommon.
I've only met one girl that I naturally connected with and she was a lesbian.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Just the one.

And 9 years later, I'm still with that lovely girl :D

Yes. I'm a stud.

I don't mind you worshipping me.
Since you were 15 or 16 then?
[small]Only a brief profile stalk, to check that it wasn't since 11.[/small]

Nice to know, given that I started dating my girlfriend around 16, and am still going 2 and a half years later!
Late bloomers, unite!

If it's not too personal, did you both go to Uni, and if so how close by?
We both went to the University of Lincoln.

She studied law and I studied law & criminology.
Thanks for replying, just interested to know as my girlfriend and I are in different universities in London.
Now I shall go add this information to my closet shrine of candles and pictures of you. Got a haircut planned anytime soon, by the way?
I have the weirdest boner right now...

I'm actually due a haircut now that I think about it.

*ahem*
I'm going to light a celebratory stick of incense for the altar.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I'm twenty or so that's what my mother tells me. I've been in nine, not counting little flings here and there.

High school was . . . interesting. I won't lie, I was a bit of a womanizer back then. I always knew what to say, charm was on point, but most of it was really shallow. I don't regret most of it, though. (I do regret all the girls I hurt) But it was very much a learning experience that helped me become the man I am today.

I'm currently in a relationship, though. Been over a year now. I don't plan on getting into the double-digits.

Sep 14, 2009
probably 7-10, had a bunch of one-1.5 monthers in there where i liked the girl, but after that time realized that it wasn't going anywhere, besides somewhere that will end horribly, so just ended it and we stayed friends.

however, just got out of another serious one a month ago (probably my 5th serious girlfriend) and i can't stand the girl entirely anymore, i don't think i've ever met someone who is so self absorbed and immature, i have no idea how she was hiding all that from me for 6 months. it baffles me.

i like relationships, but i can't seem to find one where i don't end up getting lied to or cheated on, or the other person doesn't have the same intentions that i do in a relationship. (i've literally had girls date me for the "social stigma" as me being another notch on the belt. i was so appalled by it that i just turned off emotionally for at least a week after that would happen.)

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Doclector said:
I ain't just playing the dating game on hard mode, I'm playing it like it was dark souls. It just ain't worth the effort and inevitable humiliation and pain to me.
Dude! I use the same terms to describe dating difficulty too! For some people it's like Halo on easy and for others it's like playing on legendary.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I find it interesting how there's a spike at 4-6 in the poll...

Still, I see the first three options are overwhelmingly the most popular.

Matthew Kjonaas

Jun 28, 2011
I choose one but would just like everyone to know that there should be a saying like
I am more fabulous than a FLAME THROWER!!!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Shotgun Guy said:
Doclector said:
I ain't just playing the dating game on hard mode, I'm playing it like it was dark souls. It just ain't worth the effort and inevitable humiliation and pain to me.
Dude! I use the same terms to describe dating difficulty too! For some people it's like Halo on easy and for others it's like playing on legendary.
To be honest, I think I saw the "I'm not ugly. I'm playing the dating game on hard mode" thing on memebase or 9gag.

I made up the bit about dark souls myself, though...

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I've not been in a relationship before. I'll further throw it all out there by saying I've not ever had sex and I haven't been really kissed before either.

Probably it's because I'm relatively picky about guys I'm attracted to, yet I'm afraid of rejection so I am approaching nobody and I haven't had occasion to venture out very much lately. Or before in the past.

I'm hoping to change that one of these days.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Zero, and though I'm not very bitter about it I am pretty lonely.

Though that might change in the near future. Like, maybe, really maybe. Met a girl a few months back, got the know her and the more time I spend with her the more I started to like her. I asked her out as well, we're going to see Chronicle tomorrow, and that alone is a pretty big step for me, one I never dared to ask before. Now I just need to work up the guts to tell her that I like her.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Technically, I've had seven, three of which were over the Internet. Though they were the most successful of all my relationships, (in terms of length if nothing else) I'd rather they not count.

So I've only been in four relationships, as far as I'm concerned, with a combined length of nearly two months. I'm still friends [more or less] with two of them, but the other two I'm completely fine with never speaking to again.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I am 22 and have been with the same girl since I was 16 so ya :p

Poerts

Nov 18, 2009
I have Aspergers, and the two longest relationships I've had have both been with ladies who also have Aspergers... It was kind of weird, honestly.

One hand, it was nice, because in both cases it was easy to be blunt with them, and I found it pretty easy to relate, but on the other hand, they were both quite emotionally stunted. In some ways it kind of felt like the stories I've heard from ladies dating really harsh nerdy guys. I'd get ignored for internet research on politicians they shipped together into gay couples, or have trouble getting them to discuss feelings or relationship things.

I'm pretty high-functioning as far as Aspergers goes, but I'm still an awkward, nerdy guy. It was weird being the one with the most tact and subtlety when it came to social things.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I'm 18 and still stuck at 0.

Though depending on how things go, I may have started one by the end of the week.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
I'm eighteen, and I've been in over 13 relationships in my life, starting when I was 14. However, I would only count three as ever being "serious," meaning past the 6 month marker.

Also, I am very interested with the thread's poll. I was not expecting that many 0's or low numbers, and now I feel slightly bad. Good news though, I am still a proud virgin, so don't start making judgement calls at my fabulous ability to get women! I am a more respectable fellow than most (but not by much, in fairness, hah!).

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Just the one.

And 9 years later, I'm still with that lovely girl :D

Yes. I'm a stud.

I don't mind you worshipping me.
I lo'dl

OT: Still on my first; a bit rocky though.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
it rounds to zero. its about 0.00001.

this is due to the fact that i don't count girlfriends before high school, and each year it counts a tenth as much as the last.

since i got over the silly "you need a girl friend to be cool" thing (were still good friends btw)i have felt fairly uninterested in romantic affairs (i don't have enough time, and why can't i just have friends who are girls?)