Poll: How many relationships have you been in?

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
There is no one and a half option? I wasted half my life in a one-sided relationship, which consisted of me getting my heart stomped on by one fucking asshole "player", only to have my family say "awww you broke his heart."

I broke his heart? when did that fucking happen was I in a coma? and afterwards he has the nerve to say we are friends? we aren't friends, I don't make friends with jerks who still live off their parents like parasites and impregnate their girlfriends after two months of knowing eachother...

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
None so far. For most of my early-mid teens I didn't really get any opportunities for a relationship, even though I wanted one like hell. Now that I'm older and could get a relationship if I tried, I choose not to. I'm still young (19), I ain't ready for those sorts of commitments yet. Not for a few more years at least.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
0 and i mean a big 0. i'm twenty one and ive never kissed a girl, or even gone on a date. i've only recently had my first crush that wasn't based on lust (im really picky) and it turned out she was not interested in me at all, although i am glad we are still friends even after the whole awkward situation that confession brought up :p.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm 20 and I have never really been in a serious relationship. I almost was, and that was through asking this one girl in High School out to the Senior Ball. I had a crush on her for a while, and even confessed my feelings towards her. She responded pretty well.

Unfortunately, when I did ask her, she never really gave me a straight yes or no answer. She just said that she needed to look for a dress. So I waited for a response. About a week and a half before the ball, I texted her to see if she made any progress. As I couldn't rent a tux without knowing if she was going to go or not. She told me she couldn't find one, so I decided to ask if she just wanted to see a movie instead. At first she agreed, but then she started postponing the date because "she needed to ask her mom first". Eventually, nothing happened between us and we just went on being friends until the end of High School.

Six months after graduation, I found out she got married to another guy.

Yeah...:/

Right now I'm infatuated with another girl in college, but nothing is going on right now. We haven't talked much yet due to her usually showing up right when class is about to start. And I get sort of nervous whenever I talk to girls I'm infatuated with. Not sure what's wrong with me. :(

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Well... I've been three maybe?

The first was in middle school. A girl asked me out that I didn't particularly like. I said yes anyway. I avoided her a lot. I didn't turn out well. It lasted almost a month xP.

The second was in high-school... Similar problem. Girl asked me out. I didn't like her... still said yes. "Maybe I would eventually like her?" ***** took me to a twilight movie. (being slightly satirical... don't worry.) Lasted about 2 months

The third... started last Halloween. I got asked out again...

But I actually like this one =D. So wish me luck on that.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Most. Depressing. Thead. Ever.

Edit: Unless there's one about Fry's Dog floating around somewhere.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
0 out of choice. Mainly because I knew that having a girlfriend would require time(which was mostly spent trying to do well in school or playing video games) and possibly money(which I don't have a lot of that often). Plus I'm not exactly a very social person and rarely get out of the house.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
I want your honest opinion of what a relationship is? I want you to find me a relationship that exists where a man is not spending more money than the women.
My last relationship. She felt like it was patronizing for me to pay for more things than her.
Shawn MacDonald said:
I want you to find me a guy that is happy spending all of his money on a girl and getting nothing in return.
My friends last relationship. She payed for the apartment and groceries and all he did was get pissed when she went out with the girls at night. Their both 20 btw so it seems a bit odd.
Shawn MacDonald said:
I only see this happening when the guy is really good looking and the women is below average.
Their both about a 7.
Shawn MacDonald said:
People have to spend money to find love.
Fixed that for you.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
0, because I'm a social cripple! :D

I'm joking about that either, I'm 26, and it's rather sad to watch me interact with someone that's hitting on me.

[sub][sub]Dear God why! D:[/sub][/sub]

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Zero. I had opportunities back when I was younger (6-9 years ago and one girl when I started college) (22 now) but I wasn't interested in dating. Then when I became a little interested I had become an anti social shut in thus dooming myself. I got out of that phase and back into the world but I'm stupidly shy and I'd have to hire someone to put a gun to the back of my head for me to ever make a move on anyone. So I'll die alone without ever dating or kissing anyone. Oh well, that's life.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
0, I'm not going out of my way to get into a relationship. I'm having a good time on my own for now(oh boy, that sentence can be read the wrong way).

I'm 21, I think people are too worked up over this kind of thing.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I am 24, I've had two serious relationships.

1st: Ex.boyfriend, that lasted a few years.
2nd: My husband. We'll have been married for two years this July 18th, all-together for five years and a few months. I don't keep track of things like first dates or things like that very well. I could be off by a few months.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I have dating many people. I would say 7-9. Two of those were serious relationships. The latter are the ones I am counting.

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
2. One before med school...and one now. Getting married this winter. :)

Unless you want to count one in high school, where she was cheating on me with her ex boyfriend two days after she asked me out. That whole week I was in a stupor. I used that whole "flame in the void" thing from the Wheel of Time to get me on my feet. No problemo.

The next one was in college for about 3 months. Stupidest thing I ever did. I resolved to never date a woman who drinks alcohol.

This one...well...*stupid grin*

Elidibus

Apr 15, 2011
Hmmm, I know someone said it, but I'll echo it. Surprising number of people never being in relationships. I know this is a video game forum, but I figured if I had a few, than even the most introverted here would've eclipsed my total.

OT: I've had four. Two in school. Not serious. One where I was a total tool of a woman I had known and liked during high school. She became a ***** and I put on my rose colored glasses. Thought it would be a good idea to move in together in a town nearly 6 hours from where we lived.

It was the best decision of my life. She ended up skipping work so she could go LARPing and stiffing me with the bills. We were staying with mutual friends, when said friend told me that EX said she had me wrapped. And she did. I cut her out of my life like a tumor and took my half of the stuff from storage, left her with the storage bill, no money, no job and the only way for her to get back home was to give up her dreams and beg her parents for money. Feels good man.

two years later, while I'm thriving in my new city, I met another girl (Just as big of a nerd as I) who I later married. We have a little girl together.

And Ive never looked back.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
One, it lasted three weeks sadly. I've been in love outside of a relationship but that didn't work and I've had many crushes, I like a girl now but nothing is happening that. It's quite depressing.

Lug100

Sep 2, 2011
I'm 17 and I?d count 4 as the amount of proper relationships I?ve been in, (aka lasted more than a couple of weeks)

1. Yeah, this was kinda pointless, not really sure why I counted this one

2. The reason the phrase "Don?t put your dick in crazy" was invented for. (I?m in the UK so 16 is legal age before anyone points out the fact I?m 17) Also she cheated on me with several guys, and most of my friends knew this for a week before I found out. From one of the dicks she cheated on me with. Cheers for that guys -__-

3. Pretty good actually, lot of problems due at the start due to interference and being stalked by no.2 ^ but was fun while it lasted, still good friends now

4. We were best friends for about 6 months before we started going out, and im currently still with her now and it is awesome :)

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I'm on the 10+.
Started dating at age 18.
Note, none of these include one night stands or things that don't make it past a month--there were a whole bunch of those.

First two years of the Army:
1. Army cook (3 months)--she cheated on me. First relationship and it was a bit dramatic.
2. Army helicopter pilot (3 months)--she cheated on me. The break up was civilized...but it wasn't cool.
3. Army wire dog (4 months)--I left the country

5 years in Germany
4. German ex-law student (2.5 years)--we broke up amicably and are still good friends.
5. Sexy Fetish Gal (1 year)--we broke up amicably, more or less
6. Soccer Player (1 year or so)--we broke up amicably...though I think the reason was bogus.

4 years undergraduate
7. Fellow RA (4-6 months?)--she transferred to a different school
8. Wild artist (4-6 months)--amicable break up. We still keep in touch.
9. Awesome dancer (4-6 months)--amicable break up. We still keep in touch.
10. Brilliant actor (2.5 years)--I moved away to go to grad school...and neither of us do long distance. We are still good friends.

Beginning of grad school
11. Friend of a friend...ex-Navy (3 months...2 months too long)--this woman was crazy, luckily she moved away.

#4 and #10 were brilliant relationships...so good! #10 especially are what relationships should all be like. The sex was great, we had lots in common, great trust, never argued. Awesome-sauce.

I have not dated since #11 (a few one night stands, a couple of one off dates with no-sex...but no real relationships)
I last dated in 2002, I'd say...so it has been 10 years.
Part of that has been the insanity of grad school...bad timing (a really great dating option cropped right before I left the state to get a job--dang!)...but mostly it's because I transitioned 10 years ago and many people don't want to date a transexual dude. It is what it is. I'll just say though, I had way more sex when I was living as a lesbian than I do now living as a straight guy.