Poll: I WANT TO KNOW THIS!

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
I'm bi, I have a weakness for some women, but I'm very picky. I tend to be attracted to men more often than women.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
" There are two groups I will never understand, gay men, and straight women."

Considering the quote, I think you can tell what my answer is.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
All indications show I'm bisexual. I let people work that out for themselves.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Hetero.

Guys make me think of ... well ... guys. Ain't my thing.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
spartan231490 said:
TestECull said:
Giftfromme said:
"Gay" and "straight" doesn't exist as it is portayed in the media. I wish I could find it, but there is a famous report running in America once a year for 50 years now. I don't know if it is still running. But consistently it has shown the same thing.

You have 10% of people who are 100% straight
You have a slighter large percentage of people who are mostly straight but with some homosexual fantasies.
You have another percentage of people who are slightly straight and with mostly homosexual fantasies.

Then you have bisexual people in the middle.

And the opposite for the homosexual end of the scale.

It amazed me to find this out. Viewing sexuality was never the same for me once I found out about this report.
I saw that report too. I disagreed with it though. You're either straight, gay, or bi. If you have mostly straight thoughts, surprise of surprises, you're straight.

It isn't difficult and doesn't need a complicated bell curve attached to it.
Exactly. In fact, I'll take it one step further. I would wager that most, if not all, of the escapists have had fantasies about beating the shit out of, or even killing someone. ("people who are mostly straight but with some homosexual fantasies.") does that mean we are partially murderers, or partially guilty of assault. No, of course not.

OT: I'm straight, but I live not even 30 minutes away from Canada, and there's just something about a French Canadian accent that drives me wild.
I guess we agree to disagree. I think you're wrong and you think I am wrong

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Hetero.

That said, I believe that everyone is slightly bisexual in regards to sexual pleasure, aside from truly traumatized people, because "pleasure feels good, no matter who provides it." Regarding emotional pleasure, though, that's a bit more complicated, and I can honestly say that I don't have any emotional attachment in that respect towards another dude.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I'm straight as an arrow, though to be honest I dabble in Canadian. Don't tell anyone though. ;D

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Well, I'd say I'm bisexual.

Of course, in this chaotic world things aren't always as clear-cut as gay/bi/straight, so I actually lean more to the gay side of things. Based on the Kinsey Scale I'd say that I'm a 4.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
starmano1 said:
How many people here on The Escapist are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender? Yes, this may sound like a personal question, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just curious! Personally, I'm bisexual, what are you?
it would be better to use the kenzie scale [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale]. I fall at 0, but I my friends fall all through out the range of 0 thru 6, and even some X's.

What is the deal about people's orientation anyway? because I don't see why it matters.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Giftfromme said:
"Gay" and "straight" doesn't exist as it is portayed in the media. I wish I could find it, but there is a famous report running in America once a year for 50 years now. I don't know if it is still running. But consistently it has shown the same thing.

You have 10% of people who are 100% straight
You have a slighter large percentage of people who are mostly straight but with some homosexual fantasies.
You have another percentage of people who are slightly straight and with mostly homosexual fantasies.

Then you have bisexual people in the middle.

And the opposite for the homosexual end of the scale.

It amazed me to find this out. Viewing sexuality was never the same for me once I found out about this report.
This often doesn't matter because in society, you choose to identify as "gay" or "straight". Often, to claim oneself to be bisexual is not viable as most partners will be appalled by the thought of their partner being with certain sexes (straight women won't want their boyfriend thinking about other men, for example). I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it usually is. It's also easier to tell someone "I'm gay" than "I mostly like other men but on extremely rare occasions have slight fantasies about women.

OT: I'm gay.