Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
FUCK YOU, you can't take Tetris from me!!!

...not for 500, anyway. Raise the price and we'll talk.

Jeremytroid

Jul 10, 2011
This could all be a trick of you consider Atari to be the first home console, thus making all later one's rip-offs/ derogatory of the Atari . So those of you with fancy Xboxs and Wiis and PS3s would be out of luck. PC is fine I should think :3

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Never play space invaders again? You are clearly mad, mad I say.

I still have my Atari from when I was 5 :3

In space everyone can hear you pew pew.

Also digdug is awesome.

Mar 25, 2010
If N64 is considered retro I'll give the man my 800$ back. I could not live without my Majora's Mask, Goldeneye 007, and my Harvest Moon.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
YawningAngel said:
Tetris isn't exactly an Atari game.
I am wondering if he means games on the Atari, even then it's incorrect.

Ehh, whatever. Hypothetical question, snap answers. Might as well ask if people would take a trip to the moon if it was offered.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Absolutely. You'll barely ever seeing me play anything earlier than SNES, so no worries there, I could use the extra money. Never did understand the whole Tetris craze anyway.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
No problem. I love games, but I love exploring new ideas and concepts in games more. Besides, even if I can't play a remake, I can play something that has a similar aestetic: No Tetris? Ill play Meteos or Lumines.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Deal. Now I hope to see my $800 payment over Paypal ASAP. I'm not into retro games much anymore. Oldest I play is N64 and that isn't retro. Just kinda dated.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Nope. I make more than that (after bills, food etc have been covered) in a fortnight, and I like old games since I was gaming before a lot of them were even written. You'd have to offer me a lot more than that - at least into the hundreds of thousands.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
They have flashy remakes of all the important super retro games, I can still play those. So yeah it just means I'd be playing Galaga with a pointless lazer light show. Which would suck, but $800 for my poor self.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
The only time I ever play snake is on my calculator in maths when I'm very bored. I'll take the money.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Richardplex said:
I didn't know what an Atari was, so yeah, I'll take your free money. Assuming I'm allowed to play the most recent hacking / lockpicking minigame idea in games I play.
Then answer this, Why the Hell are you on these forums, if you don't know what an Atari is?

Hell, I'm only 22, and I know what an Atari is. Mainly because it...i don't know... single-handedly Shaped the videogaming industry! (and also nearly destroyed it, but that's an entirely different story). The company even created pong, and everyone knows pong...right?

redisforever said:
TETRIS?! I love Tetris! I play it all the time! No way.
For the love of god, Tetris isn't Atari. Neither is Pacman, Galaga, or Dig Dug (all three of them were made by Namco, or Namcot as it was called back then). They may of been on an atari console at one point (and everyone knows how abysmal the atari 2600 port of pacman was), but that doesn't mean you can't play these games on other non Atari systems.

No, Atari is games like Adventure, which was a prequel to Legend of Zelda like adventure games.

This game is possibly the oldest game I still actively play, as it was released in 1979 (a full ten years before I was even born), and a full seven years before the first Legend of Zelda game. I think it's the simple addictive gameplay, that makes it fun to play even now (It's also worth playing just to see the dodgy looking dragons, that looked like oversized flamingos).

(Atari also released such classics as missile commander, tempest, asteroids, and centipede.)

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
In the blink of an eye, deal.
I only ever really played Pac-Man when I was in ICT class, anyways, so... yeah.

I look forward to receiving my money soon.

That £500'll pay for some new cymbals for my drum kit, my current ones are getting a bit tired.